PDA

View Full Version : What we are facing Pt. 2: Comment Thread at ThinkProgress.org about Dr. Woods

TNforPaul45
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
We all know the left and the right both hate us.

Take some time, really, and read some of the comments on this Think Progress article about how Dr. Thomas Woods is a "Confederate Apologist" and you can see some of the sheer hyperbole and insanity that we are dealing with on the left (which compliments the evil Global Terrorist Super-Organization, ahem, I mean, Middle Eastern states that the right hysterizes about:)

Against nullification, the article states:

The Constitution expressly states that Acts of Congress “shall be the supreme law of the land…anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding,” so our founding document specifically denies the states a veto power over federal laws.

...which is NOT what the constitution says, as pointed out by one commenter:

Are you kidding? That isn't what the Constitution says at all. Have you even read the Constitution? You conveniently left out:

“This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof…shall be the supreme law of the land.” The last part of your quote referred to judges being bound by the Constitution. A shameful misrepresentation on your part. Did you think no one else had read the document?

The Constitution is the supreme law and any laws that are made in pursuance of it. That leads to the question "Is this law in pursuance of the Constitution?" If not, then the law is unconstitutional and of no force. So says the Constitution. By the way, people that actually read and understand that are not "neo-confederates", they are Americans that are concerned that a trained attorney can make such a hideous mistake.

A few more select comments (Naughty Words Edited):

• • Ahhh, it's been a while, so let's revisit, F*ck The South:
F*ck the South. F*ck 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.
. . .
The next d*ckwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their a$$ kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal f*cking dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right, motherf*cker, they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, a$$hole, they’re blue states. It’s not your money, a$$holes, it’s f*cking our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own f*cking stop signs, assholes.

.. Which is funny, since I thought that stop signs were paid for by local money, not Federal.

Seriously, the south lost the war you guys should give it a break.

. . . As we all know, guns always settle the truthfulness or rightness of an issue.

Again, these people want to return to the failed Articles of Confederation which failed because it was a "confederacy" not a "union". Remember the Preamble, "In order to form a more perfect union..." I swear it would serve the bastards right to let them secede. They'd starve to death within two years.

Funny, I thought the Articles of Confederation failed because the North shot or arrested everyone who upheld them?

I just wanted to post and comment on some of the comments, in that article, to reemphasize that not only is our task as liberty-minded folks to break through irrationality, but we are also going to have to take down emotional falsities used to control and confuse the masses.

One commenter in there actually called someone a "Communist" for believing that we have not had a free market all these years, which we haven't, but the latter person was lamenting this fact, where a communist would be rejoicing in it, thus the complete backwarks, perverse mental states of the Left.

Once we climb the "GOP" mountain, we have a much taller "Progressive" mountain to climb.

h ttp:// thinkprogress.org/2011/01/21/tom-woods-idaho/

mczerone
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Once we climb the "GOP" mountain, we have a much taller "Progressive" mountain to climb.

h ttp:// thinkprogress.org/2011/01/21/tom-woods-idaho/

I think the further you climb the GOP mountain, the taller and more treacherous the other becomes. All of your debates with either group must make it clear that the issues you discuss are not part of the right or left. You do not seek to become the Red team to oppose the Blue team. You seek to dismantle both teams, and see the Red team as the first to go. It is the easiest one to grow within, like a seedling within the decaying corpse of the last generation.

Let them be wrong, just remind them that you're willing to let them live their way, if you are allowed the same liberty.

TNforPaul45
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
I think the further you climb the GOP mountain, the taller and more treacherous the other becomes. All of your debates with either group must make it clear that the issues you discuss are not part of the right or left. You do not seek to become the Red team to oppose the Blue team. You seek to dismantle both teams, and see the Red team as the first to go. It is the easiest one to grow within, like a seedling within the decaying corpse of the last generation.

Let them be wrong, just remind them that you're willing to let them live their way, if you are allowed the same liberty.

Here Here. We are tired of this game. We are handing in our Tickets.

heavenlyboy34
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM

qft, and +rep.