PDA

View Full Version : What was Your Favorite part of CPAC 2011!?!

speciallyblend
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
need some love here!!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/CPACNews

http://www.facebook.com/#!/CPACNews/posts/189499987737535

my post Ron Paul grassroots befeating the gop obama establishment,if it wasn't for the cpac extending voting for the paid for romney buses.Ron paul would of won with 40-50% of the vote!!let the gop keep ignoring real conservatives. It is basically ron paul vs obama republicans now!! Ron paul 2012 Cpac showed me the gop is in real trouble when folks think the gop establishment is conservative what a joke!!

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
The scenery

JohnEngland
02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I'll give my five favourite speeches (of those that I saw):

- Ron Paul - for speaking the truth

- Rand Paul - humorous and informative

- Michele Bachmann - fun and energetic

- Mitch Daniels - good, substantive speech IMO

- Andrew Breitbart - I dunno, kinda light-heartened and enjoyable to watch

Worst speeches:

- Mitt Romney - fake. plastic. insincere.

- Tim Pawlenty - dear lord, he was just itching for war, wasn't he?!

invisible
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Borin' Snatch getting called out.

Ron's speech was feeling like 2007 all over again.

The RPF meetup dinner.

Shaking the hand of :collins:

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Shaking the hand of :collins:It was good to meet you too man!

Bruno
02-13-2011, 09:36 PM
The exclamation marks! ;)

Vessol
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
lol, paulbots.

they are saying that ron paul paid us to come? wtf

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
half an hour in a decent quiet, to talk to Josh, Kenny, Shemm, and Kotin like real people. +2012

Bruno
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
half an hour in a decent quiet, to talk to Josh, Kenny, Shemm, and Kotin like real people. +2012

+ rep

I would have enjoyed that as well.

muzzled dogg
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
hanging out with RPF;ers outside of the marriott

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Yikes, where did you find half an hour and quiet? LOL....

BamaAla
02-13-2011, 10:29 PM
First time to D.C., so I enjoyed seeing all the sites. Also had some good food and enjoyed meeting some nice people. The only people I met from the site was speciallyblend and vessol (briefly.) I looked for everyone at the meet-up, but I didn't see that the time had changed; maybe next year.

Vessol
02-13-2011, 10:42 PM
my favorite part prob was getting some bangin indian food after the straw poll results then wandering the national mall and doing shenanigans with a bunch of rpf'ers

edit: oh, and trying probably too much of specialtyblend's specialty blend.

speciallyblend
02-13-2011, 10:44 PM
I'll give my five favourite speeches (of those that I saw):

- Ron Paul - for speaking the truth

- Rand Paul - humorous and informative

- Michele Bachmann - fun and energetic

- Mitch Daniels - good, substantive speech IMO

- Andrew Breitbart - I dunno, kinda light-heartened and enjoyable to watch

Worst speeches:

- Mitt Romney - fake. plastic. insincere.

- Tim Pawlenty - dear lord, he was just itching for war, wasn't he?!

oooooo the tim pawlenty speech ,angry face from me:( It took everything i had to not start cussing and bitching this guy out near the end! I finally screamed DECLARE WAR as loud as i can and follow the constitution as loud as i can, so for anyone that heard declare war near the end of his lowesy speech?/ Everyone should be lucky i didn't say what i wanted;) after 2 days of hearing the gop establishment bs. I had to say something DECLARE WAR!!!!!!! ps vessol will tell you i almost lost it on tim pawlenty! I snapped and screamed DECLARE WAR. I was ok after that! Ron Paul 2012

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Yikes, where did you find half an hour and quiet? LOL....

Man, I was lobbying for that instead of dinner or a party bar from day 1. ;) Grandpa Gunny, remember? lol

Next time I'll just have to hold a suite for people to come and go at leisure, suitable for such things.

speciallyblend
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Man, I was lobbying for that instead of dinner or a party bar from day 1. ;) Grandpa Gunny, remember? lol

Next time I'll just have to hold a suite for people to come and go at leisure, suitable for such things.

hey i am 43 so i am right there with Gunny. I did my best hanging with the youngins but once i got home> It all reminded me i am 43 sigh hehe:)

freshjiva
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Best part of CPAC was easily the Liberty Forum on Thursday night.
Jeez, C4L/YAL completely filled that ballroom to its maximum capacity, and that wasn't a small room. Had at least 1000 people in there, with standing room only.

The cartoon on the Fed that was shown that night was nothing short of amazing. I can't recall the name of that video, but its a must-see.

muzzled dogg
02-14-2011, 12:34 AM
wandering the national mall and doing shenanigans with a bunch of rpf'ers

check the facebook

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Best part of CPAC was easily the Liberty Forum on Thursday night.
Jeez, C4L/YAL completely filled that ballroom to its maximum capacity, and that wasn't a small room. Had at least 1000 people in there, with standing room only.

The cartoon on the Fed that was shown that night was nothing short of amazing. I can't recall the name of that video, but its a must-see.
I laughed AND cried at the same time. It was epica!

The name of the film was called "The American Dream" if I remember.

Elwar
02-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I had a nice conversation with the Libertarian Party rep...called him out on the Bob Barr thing, he unofficially agreed. He was supportive of the liberty movement and said it didn't matter what party they were, that it was a good thing for the country. I told him that the LP was good for holding onto its principles even though they don't win elections. Their education campaigns backed by solid principles have probably contributed to where we are today.

trey4sports
02-14-2011, 09:52 AM
1. Ron Paul's speech

2. BOOOING the fuck out of Donald Trump

3. shouting "RINO" at Orrin Hatch

4. Tom Woods speech