PDA

View Full Version : Mubarak in life/death state in Germany hospital

RonPaulFanInGA
02-13-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.examiner.com/foreign-policy-in-national/mubarak-life-death-state-germany-hospital

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=208020

Sola_Fide
02-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Doesn't he have 60 billion dollars of our money? He should be able to buy some great health care...

pcosmar
02-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Doesn't he have 60 billion dollars of our money? He should be able to buy some great health care...

Should pay for a nice funeral and a villa under an assumed name.
He should have never been allowed to leave.

specsaregood
02-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Naw, better to fake your death and disappear with the scarol.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-13-2011, 04:24 PM
This reminds me of the movie "Dave" where the real president went into a coma, but the powers behind him got a double to stand in for him. With the real president out of commission and a puppet double keeping everyone else unawares, the shadow powers were able to exercise their will with impunity. At the end of the movie, when the double had a brush with conscience, they needed a way for the double to return to his old life and for the president to die. So they had the double "stroke" while giving a speech. It was all basically a bait and switch.

I just find it funny that Mubarak suddenly goes gravely ill. Anyone else's spidey sense going off? This feels more like a military coup than a revolution.

The pro-democracy protesters surely thought they were doing what their hearts told them to. But it seems to me that if Mubarak really was the head of government and really wanted to stay in power he would have had a bigger response than he did. Yes, the pro-Mubarak supporters rained havoc for a few days and people died. Couldn't have Mubarak just opened up on the crowd with the military? Couldn't there have been a massive lockdown, martial law, and mass detention centers?

It seems like whoever was pulling the strings on the government side did just enough to give the protesters the resistance they thought they'd encounter. Maybe i'm just not thinking right. :confused:

BlackTerrel
02-13-2011, 04:40 PM
This reminds me of the movie "Dave" where the real president went into a coma, but the powers behind him got a double to stand in for him. With the real president out of commission and a puppet double keeping everyone else unawares, the shadow powers were able to exercise their will with impunity. At the end of the movie, when the double had a brush with conscience, they needed a way for the double to return to his old life and for the president to die. So they had the double "stroke" while giving a speech. It was all basically a bait and switch.

I just find it funny that Mubarak suddenly goes gravely ill. Anyone else's spidey sense going off? This feels more like a military coup than a revolution.

The pro-democracy protesters surely thought they were doing what their hearts told them to. But it seems to me that if Mubarak really was the head of government and really wanted to stay in power he would have had a bigger response than he did. Yes, the pro-Mubarak supporters rained havoc for a few days and people died. Couldn't have Mubarak just opened up on the crowd with the military? Couldn't there have been a massive lockdown, martial law, and mass detention centers?

It seems like whoever was pulling the strings on the government side did just enough to give the protesters the resistance they thought they'd encounter. Maybe i'm just not thinking right. :confused:

I think you're assuming the military would fire on their own people just because Mubarak said so. Would they have - I don't know. But most Egyptians here in the US that I talked to said that the military wouldn't do that.

sratiug
02-13-2011, 04:42 PM
He's getting "Shah"ed, no doubt. Can't have any pesky trials and shit.

pcosmar
02-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Doubts, but time will tell.
And if nothing changes they will be right back. In even greater numbers.

pcosmar
02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I think you're assuming the military would fire on their own people just because Mubarak said so. Would they have - I don't know. But most Egyptians here in the US that I talked to said that the military wouldn't do that.

They didn't last time they were ordered to. That is what turned the tide.