PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward

Revolution0918
02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Lets be real, we all want a Constitutional government but anyone who is a realist can see that it is a slow process climbing this hill. We need to focus on the few issues that can get candidates in to help us slowly but surely sway this in our direction. I see everyday these huge issues on RPF about how the Constitution is being stepped on and how our rights are being taken from us, and i agree it sucks. But you have to understand that we live in a country with FUCKING IDIOTS....plain and simple. Believe it or not, we are a powerful group, just look at CPAC the last two years to see what we have done. Look at the changes we have made even since i have joined this group (changes in congress) If we can put that into districts and seats in the House and Senate in the next couple years we can seriously make a difference. The hope is with our generation it couldnt be anymore clearer. The internet is the largest truth forums out there, and no matter what they say about our generation, we love to go against the status quo and argue, it couldnt be anymore perfect for our cause. From here on out we need to zero in on seats in Congress, i love Ron and will donate and help him WHEN he runs in 2012, but we have to have a plan for the future, its not a sprint, its a marathon, and we need to start getting on the big picture.

TNforPaul45
02-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Revo, I agree with you, though I would rather label people "uneducated" than "idiots" though the former is an antecedent to the latter. They are uneducated as to the benefits of liberty. Every person will make the right choice when they have enough information and the knowledge to understand the context and connections of it. We have to educate people and make liberty popular again!

Everett Rogers created what's known as the Innovation Adoption Curve:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Diffusionofideas.PNG

Ron Paul and a lot of the early 2008 crowd were the "Innovators" in terms of modern liberty. Then we (myself included) came along a little later and we are still, I believe in the "early adopter" phase of the Liberty Adoption Curve. We have to keep pushing the popularity and applicability of liberty up up up up over that little curve and reach a point of momentum towards 100% adoption :)

Yes, I just connected Math and Ron Paul. So sue me :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

Revolution0918
02-13-2011, 02:25 PM
i agree, in my haste i misused that word, uneducated is much more accurate, sheep is even more right on. He is trending, but looking at it for our generation (im 25) im planning on the future, if there is 1. Ron is clearly old, the neocons hate him, and we can all agree, they sink into their believes when anyone starts to present truth and reason to them. We have to look forward and start winning seats in Congress to make a difference. As Ron has said, its about changing minds, and when Congress is Changed, well finally have a changed president. I for one had a distaste for Rand while he was running, but in our movement, and in ours alone, the lesser of 2 evils really is less evil. I can see him running in the future, and with a good Congress, could actually get SOME freedom for us in the future. Rand plays the political game, Ron does not comprimise for anything which is why we love him so much. In my generation, its our way or the highway, which is why we relate to RON. NO COMPROMISE. Right now however, it only gets you so far.