PDA

View Full Version : From a Ron Paul supporter in his Congressional district

Thrashertm
02-13-2011, 10:58 AM
"I have been voting for Ron Paul ever since Tom Delay split our district to try and unseat Dr. Paul.
Little did Delay realize Paul would be getting more of the vote that year because we watched what the establishment did to him, and came out en masse.
Paul wins our district with 80% of the vote everytime and the district leans waaaay left.
People cross party lines and the establishment goes nuts! They cant understand how he does it!
He takes no oil money in our big oil district, he brings no pork home for them to trough, he wont even ask for FEMA money for hurricane IKE which demolished our city.
We still vote for him. Why? Because we trust him and we ask him to protect our freedom which is evaporating. He votes his conscience and the constitution and we are very proud of him. His family is beautiful and it hurts us when they call him crazy or kooky or racist.
The man is as peaceful as can be and would never hurt a fly. He doesnt even go after the ones that mock him. He is to humble..
Many people do not know that Dr. Paul was endorsed by the NAACP Texas chapter president, BEFORE BO beat H. Clinton in the primary.
Thats right! The NAACP Texas chapter President in austin endorsed Paul over obama, until obomba won the primary against Clinton."

BY GALVESTON TEA on 02/12/2011 at 20:13
From
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/143703-ron-paul-wins-cpac-straw-poll-to-mixed-reaction-from-crowd?page=2#comments

Reading that made me tear up.

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Woo Hoo!! I was not aware of that myself.

Bern
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I am also in Ron's Congressional District. I had the privilige of legally voting for him twice back in '08. The Friendswood part of the district (it's a funny district) is very solid to the right. It's (ie. the Friendswood area) also very solid to the GOP machine and there are some groups working to undermine Ron and get a machine puppet in his seat. So far, they are getting destroyed though.

qh4dotcom
02-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Paul wins our district with 80% of the vote everytime and the district leans waaaay left.

Really? Any evidence of that?

People cross party lines and the establishment goes nuts! They cant understand how he does it!
He takes no oil money in our big oil district, he brings no pork home for them to trough, he wont even ask for FEMA money for hurricane IKE which demolished our city.

What about all his earmarks?

But congratulations to all in the 14th district for the 80% he gets

payme_rick
02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Uhmmm, Ron Paul's district does not lean "wayyyy left"... I'd say overall we're more neo-conish than anything else...

Galveston may lean "wayyy left" (I wouldn't know but that's where the writer's from), but Ron's district consists of a lot more than Galveston, including a lot of small un-lefty towns stretching 'round 100 miles down the gulf-coast...

Thrashertm
02-13-2011, 05:39 PM
What does the local media say about Ron Paul? Does he get the endorsement from the local newspapers?

Bern
02-14-2011, 08:08 AM
What does the local media say about Ron Paul? Does he get the endorsement from the local newspapers?

... Ron's district consists ... a lot of small un-lefty towns stretching 'round 100 miles down the gulf-coast...

There is no "local media" for Ron's district. Friendswood, where I am, is split into 2-3 (maybe 4) congressional districts. Depending upon where in the city limits you live, you may have a different congressman.

I don't recall if the Friendswood Journal endorsed candidates in the last election cycle. I don't believe that anyone in this city would be basing their votes on the paper's recs anyway.

I didn't check the Galveston Daily News or other papers local to other parts of CD-14 (http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/html/district.html).