PDA

View Full Version : Feasability question - fundraising

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2011, 06:31 AM
I have drafted a dream staff of three people, and a vision to produce better representation for both constituents and liberty candidates.

For this I end up at $100,000 per year budget to operate the Consititutionalist Alliance Fund PAC not counting a 2012 campaign. We would assemble a team to make things happen and the district rejoice.

Considering a broadly cast net across the liberty/tea spectrum, and some help with fund raising, is that realistic?

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2011, 07:17 AM
drops to $60,000 with one intern, $40,000 with two.

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2011, 09:19 AM
The strike zone is $51k to $90k a year for the whole budget. plus up to $10k for CAFPAC fundraising (ie hosting conferences) - will opt for donor specification into this operation fund. ie "Check this box to contribute 30% of total to the operations of this PAC."

The structure is scalar. If we get half a million we will be able to use the sum well towards our short and long term goals.

Kludge
02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
No idea, but PACs seem unpopular among "political enthusiasts" given they already know exactly what they want to fund so I'm guessing you'd need a traditional way of funding/promoting it; direct mailers. You'll probably also get a good response if you phone donors. I haven't the slightest idea of how much you'd bring in, though.

lynnf
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I think you may be asking the wrong crowd. perhaps someone at the capitol might be better suited, or someone at the CFL if you think you can trust their judgment. there used to be some former Paul staffers on the Forums but I'm not sure they are around here anymore.

lynn

LibertyMage
02-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Gunny,

Even for us, money is limited. With that much money, I/we could take several seats in local government.

I sympathize with where you are right now. However, that money can be spent way more effectively elsewhere. If you need these people, I would look to the second best resource that you have: your ability to inspire volunteers to get involved.

A believer can do just as much good as a paid staffer.