PDA

View Full Version : Giffords for VP in 2012?

doodle
02-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Maybe not quite but:

Gabrielle Giffords for Jon Kyl's Senate Seat? Don't Count Her Out
3 hours ago

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/12/gabrielle-giffords-for-jon-kyls-senate-seat-dont-count-her-ou/

Incredible, someone had predicted this here.

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Some dems want her for senator but Big Sis apparently is thinking of running, per drudge.

daviddee
02-13-2011, 02:52 AM

Gaius1981
02-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Never let a crisis go to waste. Or rather, never fail to exploit a tragedy for political gain.

MelissaWV
02-13-2011, 08:44 AM
A drooling vegetable is probably better than Biden.

They are going to roll her out every change they can to limit gun rights.

Bank on it.

1) She isn't a drooling vegetable. By that time, she will be well on the road to recovery. No one, it seems, has really asked her what she thinks about this path that's been laid out to exploit her.

2) Unless she really did lose a huge hunk of her personality, she's not going to show up as an anti-gun spokesperson. With even a little info and research, she would be well aware that there's nothing the seller could have done to avoid selling the gun to the shooter. He wasn't on any watch list, and he wasn't threatening people, and he cleared it all. There's nothing that would have popped up on radar for the vendor unless he had a history of violence/documented mental illness. It might be great, in the future, to allow stores to not sell things to people they're nervous over, but hunches lead to lawsuits.

sofia
02-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Maybe not quite but:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/12/gabrielle-giffords-for-jon-kyls-senate-seat-dont-count-her-ou/

Incredible, someone had predicted this here.

i called it......

i dont think this Aspen tool was ever even shot.....just wait until the April 19 Space Shuttle launch (commanded by her NASA husband)...the hype and the tie-in to the April 19 anniversary of Oklahoma bombing will be massive.

NiceGoing
02-13-2011, 09:00 AM
i called it......

i dont think this Aspen tool was ever even shot.....just wait until the April 19 Space Shuttle launch (commanded by her NASA husband)...the hype and the tie-in to the April 19 anniversary of Oklahoma bombing will be massive.

Sure looks like you were right...

sofia
02-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Sure looks like you were right...

And the convenient mannere in which John Kyl is suddenly giving up a secure Senate seat is reminisent of how all of Obama's opponents were removed for him during his meteoric climb from street agitator/vote fraud organizer - to State Senator - to US Senator to President.

college4life
02-13-2011, 10:52 AM
yes, she was never shot most likely. laughner is a pawn to be exploited. her family is the perfect family for BHO, two government sucking leeches doing their best to undermine the strength of the US Dollar.

she will "recover" and the drooling masses will eat it up.

sparebulb
02-13-2011, 11:03 AM
i called it......

I believe that the hubby will be making the most crass political play. I believe it will be a political appointment such as: NASA director, NTSB director, aircraft carrier commander, Secretary of the Navy, or Joint Chiefs. You can make book on it.

college4life
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
yes, her husband and family are utter sleazebags.

Her parents and her husband have routinely bashed free market adherents for the attack and Obama will reward them for their work in achieving his totalitarian state.

Philhelm
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
2) Unless she really did lose a huge hunk of her personality, she's not going to show up as an anti-gun spokesperson. With even a little info and research, she would be well aware that there's nothing the seller could have done to avoid selling the gun to the shooter. He wasn't on any watch list, and he wasn't threatening people, and he cleared it all. There's nothing that would have popped up on radar for the vendor unless he had a history of violence/documented mental illness. It might be great, in the future, to allow stores to not sell things to people they're nervous over, but hunches lead to lawsuits.

I'm sure the mental illness aspect will be what is used. They will say that he should have been reported to some government agency (which they'll have to create specifically for this purpose), for merely for being suspected of being mentally ill, so that he would not have been able to obtain a weapon. Then, because of the broadness of the new rules, every swinging Richard that takes Ritalin will be denied the right of firearm ownership.

In Kansas, in 2010, a constitutional amendment was passed which would protect the rights of the mentally ill to vote. Apparently 37.5% of Kansas voters were against that. Of course, it was never defined as to what "mental illness" encompassed. As far as I'm concerned, 37.5% of Kansas residents believe that people with OCD should not be allowed to vote.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Kansas_Voting_Disqualification_Amendment,_Constitu tional_Amendment_Question_2_(2010)

Brian4Liberty
02-13-2011, 11:53 AM

"We reserve the right to refuse service." Basic private business rule. Common sense needs to become acceptable.

Brian4Liberty
02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm sure the mental illness aspect will be what is used. They will say that he should have been reported to some government agency (which they'll have to create specifically for this purpose), for merely for being suspected of being mentally ill, so that he would not have been able to obtain a weapon. Then, because of the broadness of the new rules, every swinging Richard that takes Ritalin will be denied the right of firearm ownership.

We certainly don't need or want any new government agencies. They create a false sense of security, and people will tend to relinquish their responsibility and common sense. Look at the verification system we have now. "Guy seems messed up, but he passed the check. Not our problem now". Not to mention the possible abuse of such new laws.

In the case of Jared Loughner, who shot Giffords, he had previously been "reported" many times. So many times, under different circumstances, that he should have been on the "no gun" list, if it actually worked and served it's purpose. More laws and more bureaucracy will not solve the problem. One Walmart employee didn't sell him ammo. The gun shop said that they felt like they shouldn't sell a gun to him, but since he came up "clean", they did it anyway. Perhaps the best solution would have been for the gun shop owner to call the local Police/Sheriff and say "This guy really seems out of it, and he wants to buy a gun. Do you know anything about him or have any concerns with this?" Just a little common sense, applied at appropriate time, and at the appropriate levels.

MelissaWV
02-13-2011, 02:15 PM
"We reserve the right to refuse service." Basic private business rule. Common sense needs to become acceptable.

Absolutely, but right now if a gun store sees a nervous, shaking guy who "seems to be on something" asking for a gun, looking around, twitching... and they deny him service, what happens if that man is dark and the shopkeep is pale?

The climate right now is such that people don't use common sense. They follow "the law" and that's all, and if they do that they wind up protected.

I agree that the mental health aspect will be pursued. It will most likely become part of the school's responsibility to report any overtly disruptive or potentially imbalanced students to the police/Government for evaluation. They can roll the other school shooters into this, and talk about how it's important to catch these cases before they explode into something terrible.

I don't think she'll be "used" for that, either, though her story will wind up linked to it.

college4life
02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
but who determines if a student is disruptive? gives professors too much leeway.

I think Krugman would consider you disruptive if you opposed keynsenianism in class.

AZKing
02-13-2011, 02:36 PM
We need a good Liberty candidate to run in AZ.

Depressed Liberator
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I really hope nobody in this thread ever speaks for Ron Paul or the movement.

pcosmar
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=Psychiatry+%26+political+dissent&cp=30&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Psychiatry+%26+political+dissent&pbx=1&fp=92188ee12107320c
It's coming.
:mad:

MelissaWV
02-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I really hope nobody in this thread ever speaks for Ron Paul or the movement.

Huh?

Which part of my post offended you so very much? It's not nice to throw bombs without at least leaving an intelligent note as to why.

Feeding the Abscess
02-13-2011, 05:52 PM
The rampant paranoia and personal attacks aimed at Giffords and her husband are what DL is referring to. Don't act dense.

NiceGoing
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Not paranoia at all - simply some connecting of dots by discerning minds. You may not like that 2+2=4 but that's the way it adds up from my vantage point, also.

fisharmor
02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
she's not going to show up as an anti-gun spokesperson. With even a little info and research, she would be well aware that there's nothing the seller could have done to avoid selling the gun to the shooter. He wasn't on any watch list, and he wasn't threatening people, and he cleared it all.

I agree. There's nothing that could have stopped this. Let common sense prevail.
You'd pretty much have to have a hole in your head to support gun control.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Gabrielle Giffords doesn't have a shot.

Chieppa1
02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
I think the world needs a lesson on how "gray" the world is. Then, maybe we can have a discussion. Talking about Aspen, her not getting shot, the NASA connect. I mean, some of us see that as a major "duh", but we are in the major minority. Ron Paul was replaced on Twitter with the Grammys last night. If we teach people about how easy it is for government to be corrupt, had in some historical points; people, some people will put the dots together themselves. I know I did.

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Some dems want her for senator but Big Sis apparently is thinking of running, per drudge.

This lady will be lucky to change her own diaper in the future, imo. Her own husband basically admits she's not all there, if you listen close enough.

Sorry for the blatant honesty. Giffords won't be running for office again, ever, and I doubt she ever resumes her seat, but I've been wrong once or twice before (jk).