PDA

View Full Version : Mike Church was hilarious!

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 12:16 AM
He really had the crowd going for the most part. That guy is exceptionally entertaining!

Austin
02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
He really had the crowd going for the most part. That guy is exceptionally entertaining!

Are you talking about the speech he gave while on the panel with Hunter, McCarthy, and Frazee? I thought his speech was boring, incoherent, and even reflected neocon talking points in some areas.. I bet Jack was embarrassed that he gave Mike such a glowing endorsement of Mike before he spoke. I was completely unimpressed with him.

Jeremy
02-13-2011, 12:46 AM
In my opinion, he pretty much sucked. Just like last year.

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Are you talking about the speech he gave while on the panel with Hunter, McCarthy, and Frazee? I thought his speech was boring, incoherent, and even reflected neocon talking points in some areas.. I bet Jack was embarrassed that he gave Mike such a glowing endorsement of Mike before he spoke. I was completely unimpressed with him.
He was absolutely hilarious. He kept the crowd engaged for sure. He didn't recite any neocon talking points.

Austin
02-13-2011, 01:11 AM
He was absolutely hilarious. He kept the crowd engaged for sure. He didn't recite any neocon talking points.

I don't know what room you were in, but most of his jokes were met with the sounds of crickets chirping where I was. Also, did you forget his comments regarding Egypt?

I know you have a more personal relationship with Mike, but let's not kid ourselves here. A vast majority of the room was not impressed with most of Mike's presentation.

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't know what room you were in, but most of his jokes were met with the sounds of crickets chirping where I was.We were in the back and middle and people were laughing pretty hard at some of the things he said.

Also, did you forget his comments regarding Egypt?That instituting Sharia Law would be bad for the People of Egypt? I agree with that. What do you disagree with him on? :confused:

A vast majority of the room was not impressed with most of Mike's presentation.Not sure about that.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSgsMUvSpw

BamaAla
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I thought he was funny too; He cracked me up when he kept going after the guy with the Caps jersey and heckling the anarchist in the front. I was standing at the back of the room near the door and one guy left when he made the comment about sharia'a as if it doesn't actually exist, but most of the people back there were loling.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I thought he was funny too; He cracked me up when he kept going after the guy with the Caps jersey and heckling the anarchist in the front. I was standing at the back of the room near the door and one guy left when he made the comment about sharia'a as if it doesn't actually exist, but most of the people back there were loling.
Absolutely. I disagree with Mike about the Art V Convention strategy, but he is spot on almost everything else. Sharia law is indeed an antithesis to liberty, but it isn't a justifiable threat in the US at this point in time. Mike said it was a threat to Egyptians and anyone who happens to be subject to it. But he never said it was something the US government should deal with.

Dreamofunity
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
If, in a completely voluntary society, someone wants to hold Sharia law as supreme law on his private property, how then is it an antithesis to liberty?

Sharia law is not the antithesis to liberty*, forcing it on people is; and really the simple fact of using force is what is the antithesis to liberty in any situation.

*I was not there for the context in which this was said, however the way you presented it: that the law itself is the antithesis (and not the force involved), then I stand by my point.

Matt Collins
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
If, in a completely voluntary society, someone wants to hold Sharia law as supreme law on his private property, how then is it an antithesis to liberty?

Sharia law is not the antithesis to liberty*, forcing it on people is; and really the simple fact of using force is what is the antithesis to liberty in any situation.

*I was not there for the context in which this was said, however the way you presented it: that the law itself is the antithesis (and not the force involved), then I stand by my point.Yeah, I get what you are saying, and I think we are all saying the same thing. Sharia Law from my understanding of it, if implemented, is imposed, not optional thus making it defacto tyrannical.

TheState
02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I got to agree with Krippy, there weren't many laughs where I was standing, just some awkward silence when he talked about Egypt and boo's when he talked about an article V convention. Talking to people afterward, they didn't seem too excited about him, but the same thing happened last year too.

Matt Collins
02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought he was funny too; He cracked me up when he kept going after the guy with the Caps jersey and heckling the anarchist in the front. I was standing at the back of the room near the door and one guy left when he made the comment about sharia'a as if it doesn't actually exist, but most of the people back there were loling.Exactly, he kept the audience engaged.

Dreamofunity
02-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I get what you are saying, and I think we are all saying the same thing. Sharia Law from my understanding of it, if implemented, is imposed, not optional thus making it defacto tyrannical.

Eh, so are any laws not explicitly consented to, including any U.S. laws and the constitution.

The imposition is what makes something against liberty, whether U.S. or Muslim law, and irregardless of end desires (ie wanting the whole world under sharia law, vs the constitution only being imposed on people living in the region of the U.S.).

But this all digresses, either Mike was funny or not based on individual subjective values.