PDA

View Full Version : Young Americans for Freedom cut ties with Ron Paul

V4Vendetta
02-13-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/02/13/Young-Americans-cut-ties-with-Ron-Paul/UPI-19391297574455/

anaconda
02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
According to the article YAF has at least two members.

FrankRep
02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Young Americans for Freedom is the nation’s oldest, largest, and most active conservative - libertarian youth organization. YAF was started at the estate of William F. Buckley, Jr.

William F. Buckley, Jr strikes again! Purge the Constitutionalists!

BuddyRey
02-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Just goes to show that every goose-stepping military death cult needs its own Kristallnacht.

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
This is a non-story. The only people who care about this is the political community who don't like Ron anyway. Almost no voters will ever know or even care about this.

BuddyRey
02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
YAF's Facebook page is on fire with in-group dissent over this move.

__27__
02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Title misleading, Young Americans..for LIBERTY certainly have not cut ties with Ron. The two groups could get confused in this and YAL is a great organization.

messana
02-13-2011, 03:35 AM
From their website.

“Rep. Paul's refusal to support our nation’s military and national security interests border on treason, aside from his failure to uphold his oath to the United States Constitution and defend our country and citizens against all enemies, foreign and domestic,” Marks continued.

lol wow

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 09:50 AM
There were three other threads on this that already were melded together.
YAF is the one Sorba was president of last year when he stood up at CPAC and bashed them for letting GOProud come. He had a grudge against YAL and Ron ever since he was booed off stage.

specsaregood
02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Could we just stop givig these guys attentions and merge all the threads into one......then burn it?

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Could we just stop givig these guys attentions and merge all the threads into one......then burn it?

this^^

Agorism
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Aw you beat me to it. I was just going to point out that Sorba is still mad that Paul people booed when he was being obnoxious last year so he plotted revenge this year.

Didn't he pledge that YAL got a new enemy on stage when they booed?

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Aw you beat me to it. I was just going to point out that Sorba is still bad that Paul people booed when he was being obnoxious last year so he plotted revenge this year.

Didn't he pledge that YAL got a new enemy on stage when they booed?

Yes, and I've been commenting on that, on blogs.

I just found this comment on the humanevents blog:

Gentlemen and Ladies — as a member of YAF in the 1960s, may I suggest that your outburst regarding Ron Paul is a very big mistake, the product perhaps of rash judgment and also perhaps a bit of jealousy. Has YAF really embraced the dialectic? Are you now the Young Party of War? Will you next advocate a resumption of the draft, so that all your young friends will join you in liberating the world of evil and anti-democratic sensibilities?

I urge you to reconsider your fit of pique. Ron Paul is not your enemy, but his ideas are indeed competition for the neocon credo of expansion by force of American “ideals,” especially war.

I have only good wishes for the oft-resuscitated YAF. But you might find yourselves isolated by this kind of splenetic sectarian self-diminishment. YAF was never a neocon enterprise, even at its worst. Don’t make it so now. Please reconsider.

All the best,

Original YAFer Chris Manion

Agorism
02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Well after all, YAF exists to help with Ryan Sorba's personal agenda and to work out his various grudges.

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Well after all, YAF exists to help with Ryan Sorba's personal agenda and to work out his various grudges.

This story is all over now. Here is the Sorba video from CPAC 2010, as president of YAF, if anyone wants it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBlFflPOIg

dbill27
02-14-2011, 02:54 AM
^wow

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
This is really a distraction issue that only the politicos care about. The average voter will never see nor care about this. Let's move on and focus on more important things, such as the President's Day MoneyBomb to Ron Paul's Liberty PAC!

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
This is really a distraction issue that only the politicos care about. The average voter will never see nor care about this. Let's move on and focus on more important things, such as the President's Day MoneyBomb to Ron Paul's Liberty PAC!

This was an old thread until it just got bumped to the top.

Thomas
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
ignore them