PDA

View Full Version : White House unveils plans to wind down mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

mello
02-12-2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356333/White-House-unveils-plans-wind-mortgage-giants-Fannie-Mae-Freddie-Mac.html

sevin
02-12-2011, 10:11 PM
He estimated the slow withdrawal of federal support would take between five to seven years to complete.

This reminds me of the days when Bush planned to withdraw from Iraq in "3 to 5 years." We'll see.

low preference guy
02-12-2011, 10:12 PM
He estimated the slow withdrawal of federal support would take between five to seven years to complete.

LOL!

It should be 5 or 7 days if they are serious.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
What is with the fascination with all these 'five year' plans. I feel like I am living in the USSR half the time.

Fox McCloud
02-12-2011, 11:22 PM
What is with the fascination with all these 'five year' plans. I feel like I am living in the USSR half the time.

Someone discussed this a while back or put forth the reasons why---if I recall it has to do with the average memory of your average voter...because, by the time that 5 years winds down, you can bring it back or create something new that essentially does the same thing (or more) without as many repercussions.