PDA

View Full Version : With win two at CPAC under his belt, here is the question, "Will Ron Paul Run in 2012"?

Anti Federalist
02-12-2011, 07:20 PM
With win two at CPAC under his belt, here is the question: "Will Ron Paul Run in 2012"?

Sadly, I have my doubts, but if anything was to convince him to say yes, one more time, it would be the energy of the people at CPAC and the thrill of another CPAC win.

Vote in poll.

RyanRSheets
02-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Without a doubt.

Gary Johnson will run as well, and they will build the base together.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I have some nagging doubts too, but I think if he doesn't run he and Rand may have decided Rand would. I'm sure as hell not going to vote 'no' in that poll, though.

Inkblots
Without a doubt.

Right on!

sailingaway
Without a doubt.

Gary Johnson isn't a draw.

AlexMerced
02-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Gary Johnson has a lot to offer the 2012 circuit, and coming in third in the CPAC strawpoll I great.

If anything, if somone other than Ron Paul wins the primary, they know they need to appeal to the libertarian crowd to win the general so if Johnson get good press in the primaries he might be able to get himself a slot as VP which is better than nothing.

axiomata
02-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Has anyone won the CPAC poll and not run for president?

RyanRSheets
02-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Gary Johnson isn't a draw.

As long as the weaker of the two drops out in time (I'm hoping and betting it would be Ron), I think having two candidates on the stage will be very beneficial. The fact that Gary just took 3rd suggests that he actually has a pretty remarkable amount of grassroots support; we have only to use it.

pacelli
02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Despite his apparent reluctance on the AJ show a couple of weeks ago, I think the CPAC win + the on-going moneybomb to his Liberty PAC is going to convince him to run.

Whether he will run to WIN vs. EDUCATE is an entirely different question.

Inkblots
02-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Despite his apparent reluctance on the AJ show a couple of weeks ago, I think the CPAC win + the on-going moneybomb to his Liberty PAC is going to convince him to run.

Speaking of, if you want to join in the mini-bomb, be sure to post your donation on the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279164-Libery-PAC-Mini-MoneyBomb-NOW

Help us get to $3000 tonight!

Kludge
02-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Unless he's truly tired, or if he is really needed to work as a Congressman (arguably plausible given his new duties & all the legislation he & Rand are pushing on Congress), there's really no argument why he shouldn't - and if it is either of the former two reasons, they're very reasonable decisions for Ron to make.

Rather, don't worry about it. Ron will do what is best for him, and that is best. Whatever happens, we'll do what we do and Ron'll do what he does.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Has anyone won the CPAC poll and not run for president?

Good question. Perhaps an even better one is, has anyone ever put forth a deliberate effort to try to win the CPAC poll and then succeeded and then not run for president.

He's running.

Kludge
02-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Good question. Perhaps an even better one is, has anyone ever put forth a deliberate effort to try to win the CPAC poll and then succeeded and then not run for president.

He's running.

Ha. Great point. Surprised it's the first time I heard this argument. Ron put a lot of C4L resources into winning the CPAC poll -- that's a pretty solid signal he'll run.

Deborah K
02-12-2011, 09:13 PM

I can't take another run to educate. If he runs to educate, I'm out.

juvanya
02-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Probably to placate all you yaps or as an issue campaign, but he is 75/76 and made a few mistakes in his speech... "Samuel Johnson"?

pacelli
02-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't take another run to educate. If he runs to educate, I'm out.

Financially speaking, I can't afford to fund public education. I'm with you.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-12-2011, 10:24 PM
As long as the weaker of the two drops out in time (I'm hoping and betting it would be Ron)

For real? :confused:

When is Johnson going to get out of 'N/A' in the polls?

Matt Collins
02-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Of course he's running!!!!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either blind, deaf or incapable of critical thought.

low preference guy
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either blind, deaf or incapable of critical thought.

37 people voted that he is running.

0 people voted that he is not running.

I wonder what's the point of lambasting imaginary people.

libertybrewcity
02-12-2011, 10:44 PM
winning CPAC twice doesn't get RP to run. Donating to his Liberty PAC gets him to run.

Legend1104
02-12-2011, 10:49 PM

http://www.classicmedia.tv/pr/mrmagoo/art/hero_art1.jpg
This man finds your statement offensive.

jth_ttu
02-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Probably to placate all you yaps or as an issue campaign, but he is 75/76 and made a few mistakes in his speech... "Samuel Johnson"?

I caught this too. I think he was so busy thinking of making Gary Johnson his VP pick that it was a simple slip of tounge

emazur
02-12-2011, 11:23 PM
He'll run. He's been proven right about economics, attitudes about foreign policy have been changing for the better (and that won't be the focus of 2012 anyway), he's picked up many more supporters (who are now well organized) since 2008, the media has been paying him a great deal of attention, his son won in 2010, and Ron even has friends in the media like Napolitano. The stars are finally in alignment (see the article in my sig!)

Tinnuhana
02-13-2011, 12:30 AM
"Samuel johnson": That's what happens when you don't use a teleprompter.