PDA

View Full Version : Panel speaker: I can't wait for the blowback to come

Austin
02-12-2011, 02:27 PM
An audience member asked the panel what they thought about the CIA term 'blowback.' The first panelist danced around the question but ultimately concluded "I can't wait for the blowback to come." -- Clearly these folks have no idea what they're taking about. This guy doesn't realize he just called for another 9/11. I can't wait for the Tube.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:28 PM
An audience member asked the panel what they thought about the CIA term 'blowback.' The first panelist danced around the question but ultimately concluded "I can't wait for the blowback to come." -- Clearly these folks have no idea what they're taking about. This guy doesn't realize he just called for another 9/11. I can't wait for the Tube.

What was the topic the panel was there to talk about?

Kotin
02-12-2011, 02:28 PM

About Afghanistan

Austin
02-12-2011, 02:30 PM

The War in Afghanistan, and the discussion ended with how we should be building an Afghan army so we don't have to stay there.

driller80545
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
The War in Afghanistan, and the discussion ended with how we should be building an Afghan army so we don't have to stay there.

Didn't we already do that back in the 80's? lol

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM

Who exactly is going to pay for this army? The Government of Afghanistan? Of course not, they are incapable. It is a sham. A farce. A complete and total theft from the people to large military corporations like Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, etc.

PS: Oh yeah, we've been down this road before -- the 1980s. What did we get for that? 9/11. I swear these people must do this on purpose.

Austin
02-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Training freedom fighters never came back to bite us in the ass.... no, of course not.

Inkblots
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I swear these people must do this on purpose.

Remember Hanlon's Razor, my friend: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Scottj88
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
The video of this question will be coming out shortly.
-
Viva La Revolucion

muzzled dogg
02-14-2011, 03:15 PM
lol yeah this was a facepalm moment

TheTyke
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I was reminded of McCain's debate answer. And this guy was on a foreign policy panel... do we REALLY want people advising us without basic knowledge? :O

Scottj88
02-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Here is the Video!! Spread it around!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjgnMj3CtSs

Lucille
02-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you, Scott! Someone has to get this to LRC! Lew will LOVE it.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I remember this moment and it was obvious 5 seconds into the response that this moron had no damn clue what "blowback" even meant even though the man who asked the question kind of defined it while giving his question. A lot of us from the forums were sitting together and we all just kind of looked at each other and mouthed "wtf?"

Mrs.Joe
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
ha i love that..."thats not the blow back effect" "oh im sorry we are out of time"

CableNewsJunkie
02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
So head honchos at the COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS do not understand the concept of blowback...awesome...great...makes me feel really good about the next 20 years here (sarc)

Live Free or Die
02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
+1
Thanks for the video! I hope Lew Rockwell picks this up, and I'd also be interested to hear Michael Scheuer's take on this.

Scottj88
02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Here is the Video!! Spread it around!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjgnMj3CtSs

Please feel free to spread this, I don't know the contact information for these great sources that may be curious to see this. This is a personal video shot by me recording my friend asking it... trying to get it out there, but need a little help. Do you know specific email addresses I could/you could send it to sources who may want use this?

Lucille
02-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Email lew@lewrockwell.com

Imperial
02-14-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought that, overall, the panel did a good job. Yeah, the first guy danced around the blowback question but I got the impression he was a Michael Scheuer type- get the job done with full force or get out. As an ex policy debater, I loved how the Cato guy was such a policy wonk that he wanted the crowd to stop talking so he could make his case. And the CSIS guy just gave such great numbers to take a step back and look at the war with a realistic lense- I got the impression he was tired of people who acted like we could win but also acted like pulling out would solve all of our problems.

For that matter, I thought the China panel was pretty good too. I got to ask a question (about human rights and Mubarak) of Rohrabacher and I thought that Mallory Factor had an AMAZING speech.

civusamericanus
02-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Oh my, Bing West is an idiot, and they ended it right there! This deserves major media attention. I hope CNN and MSNBC get a hold of this, it will force them to discuss the real reason 9/11 and terrorist attacks occur, "It's Blowback Stupid". Bing West must have been so full of himself, he was thinking USA USA USA the whole time the question was being asked. For gosh sakes Bing West is the "former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs during the Reagan Administration".

Here's the biggest shocker (Not really... haha) Bing West is currently president of the GAMA Corporation, which designs wargames and combat decision-making simulations.

If the MSM doesn't discuss this matter, it only proves the point that their in bed with with the warmongers!

The CPAC website full video is htxp://video.cpac.org/video/show/how-to-think-about-afghanistan-2011

The question occurs at 31:35

Scottj88
02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Emailed Infowars and Lew Rockwell. Anyone else you think interested in this?

civusamericanus
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
This would also be a perfect opportunity for Ron Paul to call out Bing West, and assign a reading assignment, on the subject of blowback. Before he designs another wargame, that cost american and Afghanistani lives.

Scottj88
02-15-2011, 01:45 AM
http://thehardrightedge.com/blowback/

I made a detailed post about the situation and took the chance to inform about blowback and plug Ron Paul.
-
Please spread around if you feel it is worthwhile,
-
Scott J

Nate-ForLiberty
02-15-2011, 01:58 AM
USA! USA! USA!

...dumbasses

Wesker1982
02-15-2011, 11:16 AM
funny but sad, probably more sad.

Vessol
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I loved the question, but he danced around it like mad.

falconplayer11
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
This was hilarious.

The CATO guy was awesome, might I add. The two old Romneyite ladies sitting next to me were dumbfounded after hearing his argument.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Yea. Old Bing apparently has his head stuffed so far up his ass he can smell his tonsils.