PDA

View Full Version : Fox News to Carry CPAC Straw Poll Announcement

Paulatized
02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
It was just announced that Fox news will carry the straw poll results at 5:15 est. They also said that there were 11,000 in attendance. How does that compare to past attendance?

They played a snippet H. Barbour's speech. And referred back to their phone poll that did not include Ron Paul as a choice. She did mention that Ron Paul won last years poll.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Some RP supporters should scope out where Fox News and other media outlets have their cameras and microphones and make sure to sit close to them.

KramerDSP
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
It was just announced that Fox news will carry the straw poll results at 5:15 est. They also said that there were 11,000 in attendance. How does that compare to past attendance?

They played a snippet H. Barbour's speech. And referred back to their phone poll that did not include Ron Paul as a choice. She did mention that Ron Paul won last years poll.

This is definently the largest attended CPAC in history with 11,000 people. Keep in mind that last year, these were the straw poll results with 2,395 people voting out of roughly 10,000 people attending:

Texas Rep. Ron Paul - 31 percent (742 votes approximate)

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney -- 22 percent (502 votes approximate)

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- 7 percent

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty - 6 percent

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich - 4 percent

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee -- 4 percent

Indiana Rep. Mike Pence - 5 percent

South Dakota Sen. John Thune -- 2 percent

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels -- 2 percent

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum -- 2 percent

Mississippi Gov. Hailey Barbour - 1 percent

Other - 5 percent

Undecided - 6 percent

If the ballroom has 4,000 people, and the room was divided roughly in half during the Trump + Cheney/Rumsfeld + Ron/Rand speeches, let's take a conservative estimate of 40% being Paul supporters at the event. That's 1,000 votes, and virtually every one of RP's supporters will vote. Take another 100 away for Gary Johnson votes (worst case), and RP has roughly 900 votes locked up.

The question becomes "how many of the 75% that didn't vote in the straw poll last year will vote this year to spite Ron and his fans?". I think it's a close call, IMO.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Some RP supporters should scope out where Fox News and other media outlets have their cameras and microphones and make sure to sit close to them.

Brilliant.

Paulatized
02-12-2011, 02:43 PM
The closer it gets to the announcement of the winner the more I feel there's a setup. Fox has announced several times today that RP is the expected winner and yet they have also been inserting info on a presidential phone poll that did not include Ron Paul. And they are going to carry the results live. Why do I get a nervous feeling something is up?

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 03:29 PM
The closer it gets to the announcement of the winner the more I feel there's a setup. Fox has announced several times today that RP is the expected winner and yet they have also been inserting info on a presidential phone poll that did not include Ron Paul. And they are going to carry the results live. Why do I get a nervous feeling something is up?

Yeah, me too.

I don't even want to watch. I'll probably come on after and find out how it went. There is nothing I can do to control the outcome, in any event.