PDA

View Full Version : How likely is a CPAC straw poll win for Ron Paul tonight?

driege
02-12-2011, 12:03 PM
I know it's hard to predict, but are we expecting good results? Any reports on the ground?

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2011, 12:31 PM
How much is Mitt Romney paying his supporters to show and vote? That will a relative indication on the results.

If I was there... I would be covertly watching on these groups.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 12:42 PM
How much is Mitt Romney paying his supporters to show and vote? That will a relative indication on the results.

If I was there... I would be covertly watching on these groups.

From the room where announcements are made. I understand it is already filling up. We don't want our guy booed, nor people sitting on their hands like the Romneybots in the center did during Ron's speech yesterday.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
The more I read about the goings on at CPAC from my vantage point hundreds of miles away from there, the more it looks like RP has a big advantage. I'll guess it's 80% likely.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 12:49 PM
The more I read about the goings on at CPAC from my vantage point hundreds of miles away from there, the more it looks like RP has a big advantage. I'll guess it's 80% likely.

Unfortunately, I think they are setting it up to not mean much if he does win. If he loses it will look huge at this point. I also understand the Romneybots came late, yesterday. I still think he is more likely to win than not, but also think we ticked some off who might band together against our guy, and I'm holding my breath until the numbers are announced.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Everyone had a year to organize after last year's surprise win, so they should have no problem winning if they have the supporters. In other words, a win for Ron Paul is 90% likely.

specsaregood
02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
From the room where announcements are made. I understand it is already filling up. We don't want our guy booed, nor people sitting on their hands like the Romneybots in the center did during Ron's speech yesterday.

I'm just hoping the haters don't go too overboard, there are many passionate RP people there that might take it personally. just saying, you can only poke the bear with a stick so many times....

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm just hoping the haters don't go too overboard, there are many passionate RP people there that might take it personally. just saying, you can only poke the bear with a stick so many times....

sigh...

I know.

virgil47
02-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Everyone had a year to organize after last year's surprise win, so they should have no problem winning if they have the supporters. In other words, a win for Ron Paul is 90% likely.

He won last year due to ballot box stuffing and that's how he'll win this year. Booing the opposition and stuffing the ballot box will not engender respect.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
He won last year due to ballot box stuffing and that's how he'll win this year. Booing the opposition and stuffing the ballot box will not engender respect.

That is utter nonsense. There was no ballot box stuffing.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
He won last year due to ballot box stuffing and that's how he'll win this year.

What do you base that on?

virgil47
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
What do you base that on?

Do you read these forums or just blindly post? When folks complain they were only allowed to vote 50 times before their votes were no longer accepted that indicates ballot box stuffing. Last year the joke was vote and vote often to ensure a RP win. The constant calls to go to other online polls and flood the ballots with votes for RP. Is that enough?

virgil47
02-12-2011, 02:40 PM
That is utter nonsense. There was no ballot box stuffing.

ROFLMAO! You don't even read these forums do you?

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Do you read these forums or just blindly post? When folks complain they were only allowed to vote 50 times before their votes were no longer accepted that indicates ballot box stuffing. Last year the joke was vote and vote often to ensure a RP win. The constant calls to go to other online polls and flood the ballots with votes for RP. Is that enough?

Your earlier comment was about the CPAC straw poll. And everything you mention in this post, as far as I can tell, is about online polls. Which are you talking about?

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Proof? A forum post is not proof. Thanks.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:43 PM
ROFLMAO! You don't even read these forums do you?

Could you link us to the forum posts that talk about ballot box stuffing at either last year's or this year's CPAC so we can evaluate for ourselves how trustworthy the claims are (assuming they exist)?

Edit: Also, is it normally the case that all it takes to get you to roll on the floor laughing your anus off is for you to infer from someone's comment that they don't read this forum? Forgive me for not staking a great deal of weight on the opinion of someone who is so easily amused.

Austin
02-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Lol I think he's confusing the online CPAC poll with the actual straw poll here at CPAC.

Epic
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
There is absolutely NO WAY CPAC organizers allow people to vote 50 times. Somebody is just here to stir up trouble.

UtahApocalypse
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM

If by that you mean that only Ron Paul has supporters that care enough to spend there own money, and time to travel to CPAC and vote then yes we did.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Could you link us to the forum posts that talk about ballot box stuffing at either last year's or this year's CPAC so we can evaluate for ourselves how trustworthy the claims are (assuming they exist)?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Anyone?

erowe1
02-12-2011, 02:54 PM
If by that you mean that only Ron Paul has supporters that care enough to spend there own money, and time to travel to CPAC and vote then yes we did.

That's not ballot stuffing. That's just voting.

UtahApocalypse
02-12-2011, 02:58 PM
99% he wins.....

100% he gets booed since the "supporters" abandoned ship and we only have about 10-15% of the room
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

college4life
02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
yes utahA, doesn't look good in terms of support in attendance today. such a shame

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Seriously how the hell did those who made it to cpac not plan on getting their early to fill the room?!?!

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Seriously how the hell did those who made it to cpac not plan on getting their early to fill the room?!?!

Those who ARE there should have, but I know a bunch of people who could only make it for a day or two, to see one or both of the Pauls and vote, either because of time or money constraints, and since I am not there, I am grateful they went.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 03:22 PM

That is two people who have only been on the forums a month or two talking about one of the few INTERNET POLLS that don't limit votes. If they aren't just looking for clicks to their site, most do. Typically we go overboard NOT to spam internet polls because we ALWAYS are accused of it. From your member date you should know that. And straw polls you have to be there for in person. NO ONE amongst us is putting in more than one ballot at a straw poll.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I know the post he is referring to, it is on the new Fox news internet poll and a couple of people new to the boards discovered they could vote more than once. It wasn't a straw poll, and if those newcomers are legitimate supporters, they will figure out what is ok and what isn't, over time.

erowe1
02-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I know the post he is referring to, it is on the new Fox news internet poll and a couple of people new to the boards discovered they could vote more than once. It wasn't a straw poll, and if those newcomers are legitimate supporters, they will figure out what is ok and what isn't, over time.

Yeah, I think I saw that too. I just wanted to call Virgil out. It's fine to make mistakes. But if you're going to be so condescending about it when you do, you need to come back and eat your crow.

Agorism
02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Last buy was 64 on intrade.

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
100% chance of winning

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Those who ARE there should have, but I know a bunch of people who could only make it for a day or two, to see one or both of the Pauls and vote, either because of time or money constraints, and since I am not there, I am grateful they went.

True enough.

ihsv
02-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I predict 100% ;)

virgil47
02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I think I saw that too. I just wanted to call Virgil out. It's fine to make mistakes. But if you're going to be so condescending about it when you do, you need to come back and eat your crow.

I may have been wrong about the in person straw poll but the online polls are spammed and that gives others a false sense of RP's popularity.