PDA

View Full Version : GOP rep (McClintock): I made a 'terrible mistake' in last year's Patriot Act vote

Zap!
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
A California Republican said Friday that he made a "terrible mistake" in previously voting to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that allow the government to hack into e-mail and bank accounts without a search warrant.

Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) said on Fox Business Network that it is the reason why the Patriot Act "is so dangerous."

"A year ago, I made a terrible mistake and voted to extend those provisions of the Patriot Act," he said. "But the more that I learned, the more that I researched, it became crystal clear to me this that this is not only an affront to our bill of rights, but it's a fundamental challenge to our freedom."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/143671-gop-rep-i-made-a-terrible-mistake-in-last-years-patriot-act-vote

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Why doesn't McClintock explain that to his next door neighbor Fascist establishment pig, representative Dan Lungren(R-CA). Besides voting for all the NEOCON garbage, I think Lundgren's a career "Triple Dipper" of government pensions (Local, State, and his current federal payroll, which is soon to be congressional retirement).

Good for Tom, I always enjoyed eating at his restaurant in PISMO BEACH, glad to give him the business.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Good. He has always been decent, but never fantastic. I say that coming from California where you can count the decent pols on one hand. He has potential IF he is sincere, and my jury is out on that.

His crack that Ron didn't have the stature to be president still makes unwilling to give him too much benefit of the doubt.

Prove yourself with your record, Tom. As Ron Paul has.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Good. He has always been decent, but never fantastic. I say that coming from California where you can count the decent pols on one hand. He has potential IF he is sincere, and my jury is out on that.

His crack that Ron didn't have the stature to be president still makes unwilling to give him too much benefit of the doubt.

Prove yourself with your record, Tom. As Ron Paul has.

He know's how to take advantage of media opportunities, BTW, McClintock DID NOT meet or shake the hands of ANY Tax Day Tea Party protesters. Just a quick speech and MSM OP.
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/DSC01296.jpg

specsaregood
02-12-2011, 12:12 PM
He gave Dr. Paul a great interview on AM radio back in 2007. I was a bit disappointed when he ended up endorsing Fred Thompson. I wonder if he regrets that as well. Esp. since Dr. Paul endorsed him later on....

bkreigh
02-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I dont know much about this politician but i will give him credit for coming out and saying that he screwed the pooch last time. Not a lot of politicians like to admit that they were wrong...ever!

Maybe this is a wake up call for him in that he will learn to read and understand a bill before he votes for it.