PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to the Media : Fair Coverage of Ron Paul as a 2012 Candidate

Bruno
02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Here we go again. The normal disparaging comments, omissions in polls, mispresentation of positions such as calling non-interventionism isolationist, downplaying of CPAC win, etc.

Let's draft a letter together for a media letter bomb (email, fax, maybe a short version for twitter?) that we can send out to let the media know we are tired of their chosing favorites and treating our candidate unfairly.

We'll also need to list media contact information.

I'll update the OP with your ideas. There are far more brilliant writers here than me, so please post sentences and paragraphs you feel should be added. Let's make it as concise as possible, but list our grievances, and ask for fair, open, honest discussion of Ron Paul's positions without using words such as quixotic, unelectable, etc.

Good idea, bad idea? Thoughts?

lynnf
02-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Here we go again. The normal disparaging comments, omissions in polls, mispresentation of positions such as calling non-interventionism isolationist, downplaying of CPAC win, etc.

Let's draft a letter together for a media letter bomb (email, fax, maybe a short version for twitter?) that we can send out to let the media know we are tired of their chosing favorites and treating our candidate unfairly.

I'll update the OP with your ideas. There are far more brilliant writers here than me, so please post sentences and paragraphs you feel should be added. Let's make it as concise as possible, but list our grievances, and ask for fair, open, honest discussion of Ron Paul's positions without using words such as quixotic, unelectable, etc.

pissing in the wind. the media are owned by corporations and are used for the corporations goals. never going to happen, but the one value of this would be to call them out on their duplicity.

of course the one possible exception might be if they want to stick blame for the coming collapse on Ron Paul. they might get on the band wagon in order to do that.

lynn

Bruno
02-12-2011, 08:45 AM
pissing in the wind. the media are owned by corporations and are used for the corporations goals. never going to happen, but the one value of this would be to call them out on their duplicity.

of course the one possible exception might be if they want to stick blame for the coming collapse on Ron Paul. they might get on the band wagon in order to do that.

lynn

Edit: nm, trying to stay positive

driller80545
02-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Gonna have to do something radical and loud to get on tv I'm afraid. But I will surely write and send a letter. Can't hurt.

We need to come up with something earth shattering that they can't ignore in order to start a movement. I am raking my brain but it hasn't cooperated with me yet. Come on light bulb, go off!

sratiug
02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Maybe we should just rewrite their articles for them? Take that politio article, for example. I changed a few words.

Here’s a pretty safe bet: Mitt Romney will not win Saturday’s Conservative Political Action Conference presidential straw poll. Or at least not do much better than many lesser-known and lower-financed 2012 Republican presidential candidates.

Why? The former MA governor and 2008 presidential candidate couldn't win last year, losing out to the lesser known and less well funded Ron Paul. While Romney's establishment and media supporters aren't enough to win him the actual nomination, they’ve managed to win a few primaries. The Romney forces are already organizing for the New Hampshire primary. But there are just not enough Romney supporters ardent enough to show up to CPAC. After all, government-run health care and abortion activists are not really conservative.

Read more: http://www.politicon.com/news/stories/0211/49391.html#ixzz1DkvrHbkx

Bern
02-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Dear folks in the media,

Play fair or lose our business.

Cordially,
The Intertron

sratiug
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Gonna have to do something radical and loud to get on tv I'm afraid. But I will surely write and send a letter. Can't hurt.

We need to come up with something earth shattering that they can't ignore in order to start a movement. I am raking my brain but it hasn't cooperated with me yet. Come on light bulb, go off!

Letters of Marque and Reprisal directed at dishonest articles from the Ron Paul Forums?

John of Des Moines
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Personally, I think there should be a hit list of "journalists" who diss Paul. Hit them with pies in the face, record said event and post videos juxtaposed with their fairy tales with the truth and the pie hit.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
All great ideas so far. :) Nice rewrite, sratiug!

hazek
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
OMG please please listen and learn:

You live in a time of war. A war of IDEAS. And your worst and only enemy is the media propaganda machine. They are owned and controlled by big corporations who gain huge profits of how things are done right now and you can bet your last penny they'll make damn sure it stays that way.

The only way, and I really mean the only single way how you can win in this war of ideas is to finally please please I beg you realize 1st you are in this war and 2nd who your enemy is and 3rd fight it!

To summarize: The media propaganda is your worst enemy and our every effort should be spent on fighting it's reach with our own propaganda. We will not win, unless we do so. Ever.

TomtheTinker
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
To summarize: The media propaganda is your worst enemy and our every effort should be spent on fighting it's reach with our own propaganda. We will not win, unless we do so. Ever.

^^^^

pacelli
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Written a year ago, we need to use the media instead of fight them. Fighting them did NOT work in 07-08 and caused significant blowback during the actual campaign.

For your consideration:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?232814-Dr.-Paul-does-not-dismiss-a-run-in-2012-What-do-we-do-different-in-2011

hazek
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh boy, pacelli, how can you think you can use your worst enemy to help you?

They are owned by the corporations who own the politicians. How are you not able to make this connection??

And second fighting the media might not work, but it's our only shot. And with the internet and all the new social media I believe we have a shot. But that's only if we all as a movement recognize the media for what it is and recognize that the issue of media propaganda is the most important issue out of fundraising, winning polls, demonstrating and so on and we focus most of our effort into formalizing our own propaganda and spreading it as far and wide as we can.

You will not see this world change for the better if you can't realize this. Ever.

JamesButabi
02-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Id appreciate your comments in this thread regarding a website im starting to document the consistent bias and slandering.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269649-Start-documenting-media-bias-against-RP-in-this-thread-NOW&goto=newpost

MelissaCato
02-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Great idea. It's a disgrace to America our MSM is like this. The whole world nows it. Ohh well, who's to blame ? I think Lincoln did say that quote about the media. Obviously.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Great idea. It's a disgrace to America our MSM is like this. The whole world nows it. Ohh well, who's to blame ? I think Lincoln did say that quote about the media. Obviously.

Thank you, Melissa.

They are owned by the corporations who own the politicians. How are you not able to make this connection??

And second fighting the media might not work, but it's our only shot. And with the internet and all the new social media I believe we have a shot. But that's only if we all as a movement recognize the media for what it is and recognize that the issue of media propaganda is the most important issue out of fundraising, winning polls, demonstrating and so on and we focus most of our effort into formalizing our own propaganda and spreading it as far and wide as we can.

You will not see this world change for the better if you can't realize this. Ever.

You should start a thread on fighting the media and creating our own propaganda and propose your ideas for doing so.

pacelli
02-12-2011, 03:02 PM

I've already made the connection, thank you. Has it ever occurred to you that using our worst enemy to help us would ultimately shed the light on the media's bias, thereby decreasing people's overall confidence in the media, which leads to a drop in ratings? This has already happened. Is this the revolution or what? We need to continue this approach. Fighting them only strengthens their grip on the minds of the average voter.

I completely agree that if we can USE the media to spread our own propaganda, the whole damned system will be undermined.

In case you haven't noticed, I believe that we should have our own psy-op against the media.