PDA

View Full Version : Trump is right about Ron Paul

Ron Galt
02-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm a Ron Paul supporter and was a max donor to the Ron Paul campaign in the primaries... But Trump is right... Ron Paul is a nice guy and that's exactly WHY he will never be president.

It's sad but true fact in politics that nice guys always finish last.

The country owes a huge debt to Ron Paul for having showed us the way, but Ron Paul will not be the one to lead us to the promised land.

The problem with Ron Paul is just not mean enough to be president. He has delivered something like 4000 babies for Gods sake. Ron Paul is more of an angel than a warrior.

Now Rand Paul is a different animal... Rand wants blood and he wants it now...

Rand will be the one to watch in the years to come

FrankRep
02-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Not "Mean enough" to be president? You're way off base about Donald Trump's comment.

Trump means that Ron Paul is not a powerful and respected leader. Ron Paul is more of a philosopher.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 08:13 AM
That may be one of the most hilarious posts I've read here lately. I wonder if you have seen his CPAC speech and how fired up he was for liberty and protecting the Constitution.

How many people voted for Obama because they thought he was mean enough to be president? They always talked about his cool, calm, rock star demeanor. Never heard a word about his temper until after he became president when it reared its ugly head within days.

BuddyRey
02-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Who says you have to be a warmongering prick to get elected President? Okay, so around 40 of the last 44 have been, but it's not an unbreakable rule, and come 2012, Ron Paul will PROVE it.

Don't let people like Trump convince you otherwise or bring your hopes down. This is the time and Ron Paul is the man!!!

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm a Ron Paul supporter troll and was a max donor to the Ron Paul campaign in the primaries... But Trump is right... Ron Paul is a nice guy and that's exactly WHY he will never be president.

Fixed that for ya!

Legend1104
02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
It is those that follow their beliefs and do not listen to reason no matter how hopeless the cause may seem that suprise people and come out victorious.

hazek
02-12-2011, 10:00 AM
It's sad but true fact in politics that nice guys always finish last.

11 times elected congressman Ron Paul would beg to differ.

micahnelson
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Ron Paul won't win in this political climate because people won't vote for him, because he won't get a nomination from a major political party. If he did somehow slip through the gatekeepers and make it to the GOP ticket, the Neocons would run a Romney or something to split the vote and insure Paul wouldn't get elected. There is much to be feared when the weapon of the executive is in the hands of a man who loves freedom. They would rather it fall into the hands of the other ruling party then to be destroyed by the will of the people.

That said, we shouldn't stop doing everything we can to get him elected- because that process has educated millions in this country- and an educated populace is more important than the outcome of an election.

Suzu
02-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I saw the title of this thread and my reaction was "Oh, FFS...."

Given what will be happening in this country year from now, Ron Paul will be the ONLY one who CAN win the GOP nomination.

pacelli
02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Ron's been elected 11 times. Trump was wrong. Trump is the one who is unelectable based on the fact that he's never been elected.

Kregisen
02-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I am starting to wonder if Rand should just run for president now, even with minimal experience. After Obama, experience shouldn't be an issue, and if we have a Rand/Ron ticket, that would easily win the GOP nomination and would beat Obama too.

I'd love to have Ron as president, but a more practical approach could be to get Rand in and Ron as VP.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
I am starting to wonder if Rand should just run for president now, even with minimal experience. After Obama, experience shouldn't be an issue, and if we have a Rand/Ron ticket, that would easily win the GOP nomination and would beat Obama too.

I'd love to have Ron as president, but a more practical approach could be to get Rand in and Ron as VP.

The only way Ron's support would follow Rand is if it were Ron's idea.

This thread should go to hot topics, it undermines the purpose of this forum.

mr1
02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Obama was at least in the Senate for 2 years before he started running, and 4 years when he was elected. That isn't much, but at least it is something. If Rand were to run he will have been in the senate for just a couple months when he would start. He wouldn't have a chance. I wish people would let this go. He'd be laughed at more than Obama and Palin for trying for the presidency this early.

Now by 2016, the story could be vastly different for Rand. Maybe.

jackers
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah, he is just one big cream puff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

limequat
02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Calvin Coolidge

pcosmar
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Trump is an ass. A wealthy ass, an arrogant ass.

I sure as hell don't want that ASS representing me.

Ron Paul represents me.

AZKing
02-12-2011, 11:38 AM

LOL, I've never watched that full video.

matt0611
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM

LOL I've never seen that before, that video is awesome!

RyanRSheets
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Most people said Rand had no chance of winning. I wasn't nearly convinced he had a chance myself. Never accept it. Campaign like you're 10 points behind. 10 points is striking distance. Always have that mentality.

virgil47
02-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Fixed that for ya!

Done just as any troll would do! You are disrespectful and childish. Ron is really in trouble with supporters like you!

Joey Fuller
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
F$%& all the haters, the naysayers...

A young female blogger helped spark a REVOLUTION in Egypt... The Sons of Liberty helped create a period of Rebellion and Subsequent Birth of the Declaration of Independence...

It doesn't matter about the Neocons, TPTB, the Federal Reserve, Mainstream Media... their grip on the American Psyche is weakening... the Alternative Media is rising..

Ron Paul 2012

Fredom101
02-12-2011, 04:04 PM
The OP may be right, but for the wrong reasons.

RP doesn't have a chance to WIN, because most people aren't buying what he is selling: self-sufficiency. Ron Paul wants people to understand that only THEY have the power to improve their lives, not the president or any other politicians. Most people want someone else to come in and save their lives. They do NOT want to take personal responsibility. What RP says goes against much of what they believe in.

And then you have the problem of old people on social security. They believe in their hearts that RP wants to RIP their SS checks out of their hands.

This is why I say this campaign should be even more about education than worrying about "chances". People who benefit from the state will NEVER vote for a libertarian, no matter how great a speaker he is or mean or nice. So our job is to educate- and RP gives a good platform to do so.

KevinR
02-12-2011, 04:09 PM
If people only ever voted for who they thought would win, there would never be such a thing as an upset victory.