PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't your generation stop this?

Patriot123
02-12-2011, 04:07 AM
So I'm here on Youtube, watching Donald Trump's speech at CPAC. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogk5p_AnG4Y&feature=related ) Now first off, that cheap shot at Ron Paul was beyond not called for, lol -- the guys good, but he's like some ego-maniac. Aside from that, though, he stated that "our nation will be great again."

Now I guess you can call this a rant? But I'm 17. I study history, and I'm majoring in it. And to be honest, I've never really heard or read about a politician that has had to say that -- ever. Not ever. So the fact that one is now saying it, and implying that we're no longer great... is scary. It's scary for my generation. For my future.
When Obama was elected, I was saying to myself and all my friends that this would be the end of America. I didn't know what the heck I was talking about -- I was, like, what -- 15? I was repeating what disgruntled Republicans were saying. "Oh, you didn't vote for Ron Paul, blame yourself." Only now am I really seeing how much this man has destroyed this country both militarily and financially. And I can't believe it. We have never had a president raise the debt to the extremes that our President has, and act like it's no big deal -- trying to act all macho by saying we'll make a measly hundred million in cuts, and freeze a small portion of our spending. And not only saying the solution to the problem is "investing" -- ie spending, but that he still supports these massive bills that are going to raise the deficit. I cannot begin to fathom how he can act like it's no big deal. It's scary. I don't want to see my future fall to pieces, and I don't want to see anyone elses fall to pieces, either. You know, last election people always used the argument, "what are you going to say to your kids, when they ask, 'mommy, daddy, why didn't your generation rain in spending?' 'Why did you elect Barack Obama?'" Well, now I'M asking those questions, as a 17 year old teenage kid, because I feel robbed of my future.

Why didn't your generation do something to stop this? Why is it that now my generation has to pay?

justinc.1089
02-12-2011, 04:30 AM
This stuff has been going on before just Obama, sadly. The bailouts began under Bush's administration, as well as the economic crisis. The Fed's monetary policy has been the same under Greenspan and now Bernanke. The two of them span through the Obama administration, the Bush administration, and I think if I recall correctly the Clinton administration as well. All of these administrations have supported maintaining an interventionist foreign policy of endless wars and expensive military bases in foreign countries as well. All of that costs trillions to us to maintain- and lives of soldiers as well.

Obama promised change- and kept the same defense secretary Bush had. He also put lobbyists in his administration despite promising his supporters he would not. Bush claimed to be a conservative- but ran up the biggest debt in history during his presidency, (until Obama beat him at that), and shredded the Constitution with things such as the Patriot Act, undeclared wars, and torture and indefinite detention of American citizens.

I'm 22, and I feel like you as well. I urge you to stick around on these forums to learn about what's really going on. Its not as simple as just Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, despite most people thinking that. The generations before us have failed our country, that is true. In the end, in my opinion, they were the generations that allowed destructive policies to begin that have caused a fall of our republic.

Also, Trump's not good. The things he advocate would cause a lot of harm to our country. Take his tariff ideas for one example. If we put a 25% tariff on everything we import, everything that is imported will cost 25% more. How much stuff do we import? Pretty much everything. With the economy devastated, do you think many people could afford to pay 25% more for everyday items they need? It would be an economic catastrophe. Donald Trump has also been bankrupt at least 3 times, and defaulted on billions. You're right about him being an ego-maniac however. He seems completely full of himself, which is ironic considering he's actually a failure of a businessman, who wouldn't even be rich if he hadn't inherited his money. A lot of people claim that he is also not a billionaire like he personally claims to be.

There is good news though. We have made more positive progress than in the past 60 years probably. Not since Goldwater has there been more hope for the future actually. We have Justin Amash and Ron Paul in congress, and Rand Paul in the senate. Ron Paul will probably win CPAC's straw poll tomorrow. Gary Johnson is going to run for president, and maybe Ron Paul too. The Tea Party, while certainly not that great all the time, has won massive victories in state houses. Many libertarian/ Ron Paul like candidates have won elections on the state level. We have John Stossel and Andrew Napolitano on Fox Business multiple times during the week, talking about libertarianism. There's something going on in this country, and its big.

lynnf
02-12-2011, 06:33 AM
So I'm here on Youtube, watching Donald Trump's speech at CPAC. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogk5p_AnG4Y&feature=related ) Now first off, that cheap shot at Ron Paul was beyond not called for, lol -- the guys good, but he's like some ego-maniac. Aside from that, though, he stated that "our nation will be great again."

Now I guess you can call this a rant? But I'm 17. I study history, and I'm majoring in it. And to be honest, I've never really heard or read about a politician that has had to say that -- ever. Not ever. So the fact that one is now saying it, and implying that we're no longer great... is scary. It's scary for my generation. For my future.
When Obama was elected, I was saying to myself and all my friends that this would be the end of America. I didn't know what the heck I was talking about -- I was, like, what -- 15? I was repeating what disgruntled Republicans were saying. "Oh, you didn't vote for Ron Paul, blame yourself." Only now am I really seeing how much this man has destroyed this country both militarily and financially. And I can't believe it. We have never had a president raise the debt to the extremes that our President has, and act like it's no big deal -- trying to act all macho by saying we'll make a measly hundred million in cuts, and freeze a small portion of our spending. And not only saying the solution to the problem is "investing" -- ie spending, but that he still supports these massive bills that are going to raise the deficit. I cannot begin to fathom how he can act like it's no big deal. It's scary. I don't want to see my future fall to pieces, and I don't want to see anyone elses fall to pieces, either. You know, last election people always used the argument, "what are you going to say to your kids, when they ask, 'mommy, daddy, why didn't your generation rain in spending?' 'Why did you elect Barack Obama?'" Well, now I'M asking those questions, as a 17 year old teenage kid, because I feel robbed of my future.

Why didn't your generation do something to stop this? Why is it that now my generation has to pay?

there are those of my generation that have been trying all along. the John Birch Society has been warning those that can be reached since the early 60s or before. but they get marginalized like Ron Paul and Ron Paulers get marginalized also. there are too many that want to believe their government, and do. too many that won't ask critical questions.

and some of your generation are just like that, too. I hope that most of your generation are like you so that we can continue taking our country back but only time will tell. but Obama/Soetoro's pull is strong -- his numbers came back up after his recent calls for just getting along after the Arizona shooting and his speech on it.

Travlyr
02-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Excellent question. We didn't do anything about it because we didn't know the truth. When I was your age, I would go to the library to learn, or I would study the dictionary, encyclopedia, magazines, TV and radio. Little did I know at the time that the truth was not allowed to be told. Books that told the truth were banned or burned. People who knew the truth were not allowed on TV or radio. People who control other people own the magazines, educational institutions, and media. Only a handful of people knew the truth and many of those were killed or confined. The Poet - Ezra Pound is only one example of thousands. Ezra was imprisoned for years simply for knowing too much and his willingness to tell others.

Now we have the Internet. Those in control, Senator Jay Rockefeller for instance, want to shut down the Internet because it is the truth telling machine. You are a very lucky person to have been born when you were because you have an extremely bright future, if you want it.

The debt is not real. You don't owe anybody anything. The people on TV are minions of the elite, so they will hammer away at making you believe you are indebted to the elite ... but you're not. You are not born into debt. That is one of the biggest lies ever told. You are born into a world of abundance.

When you are born you need three essential ingredients to sustain life. Each of us needs air, water, and land (land to raise food). Those are your birthrights. All wealth comes from the land ... get some.

Years and years ago, the elite figured out how to scare people into believing that they own the land. And since they own the land, then they do not have to work. They enslave others to do their work for them while the elite travel the world living peacefully in luxury. They are the best bullshitters on earth. Here is one of their best and brightest. (http://blog-imfdirect.imf.org/bloggers/dominique-strauss-kahn/) Plus, they learned how to counterfeit money to buy a military to kill people who do not obey them. Because if people learned the truth, then the elite would have to get their hands dirty too.

Now your job, if you want a bright future, is to help us take them out of power because they are still going around the world killing and starving people. Their next move is to convince people that gold & silver is not real money. They are going around the world right now, today, convincing the powers in individual countries that they should join the efforts to control the money supply. Whoever controls the money supply, controls the people. The IMF wants that power. (http://www.thedailybell.com/1751/IMF-Calls-for-SDR-Denominated-Bonds.html) Counterfeiting buys power - power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely.

lynnf
02-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Excellent question. We didn't do anything about it because we didn't know the truth. When I was your age, I would go to the library to learn, or I would study the dictionary, encyclopedia, magazines, TV and radio. Little did I know at the time that the truth was not allowed to be told. Books that told the truth were banned or burned. People who knew the truth were not allowed on TV or radio. People who control other people own the magazines, educational institutions, and media. Only a handful of people knew the truth and many of those were killed or confined. The Poet - Ezra Pound is only one example of thousands. Ezra was imprisoned for years simply for knowing too much and his willingness to tell others.

Now we have the Internet. Those in control, Senator Jay Rockefeller for instance, want to shut down the Internet because it is the truth telling machine. You are a very lucky person to have been born when you were because you have an extremely bright future, if you want it.

The debt is not real. You don't owe anybody anything. The people on TV are minions of the elite, so they will hammer away at making you believe you are indebted to the elite ... but you're not. You are not born into debt. That is one of the biggest lies ever told. You are born into a world of abundance.

When you are born you need three essential ingredients to sustain life. Each of us needs air, water, and land (land to raise food). Those are your birthrights. All wealth comes from the land ... get some.

Years and years ago, the elite figured out how to scare people into believing that they own the land. And since they own the land, then they do not have to work. They enslave others to do their work for them while the elite travel the world living peacefully in luxury. They are the best bullshitters on earth. Here is one of their best and brightest. (http://blog-imfdirect.imf.org/bloggers/dominique-strauss-kahn/) Plus, they learned how to counterfeit money to buy a military to kill people who do not obey them. Because if people learned the truth, then the elite would have to get their hands dirty too.

Now your job, if you want a bright future, is to help us take them out of power because they are still going around the world killing and starving people. Their next move is to convince people that gold & silver is not real money. They are going around the world right now, today, convincing the powers in individual countries that they should join the efforts to control the money supply. Whoever controls the money supply, controls the people. The IMF wants that power. Counterfeiting buys power - power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely.

excellent response, Travlyr. there's something else -- we did something -- we elected the OTHER Ron --- Ronald Reagan. but then we thought the job was done, our guy was in charge (much like with Obama/Soetoro supporters now) and we were set from then on. turned out to be wrong but we didn't know at the time. I believe Reagan was a turncoat from the beginning, but I fell for the schtick back then.

lynn

P.S. maybe I shouldn't feel too bad, our current Ron (Paul) was apparently fooled back then, too, but woke up to that long before I did. but he was closer to the problem back then, having been in DC. but we can consider that to be his training to be ready for now.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Some have and many of them have been persecuted. You are asking good questions.

Why should you listen to parents who preach or dictate any kind of responsibility while at the same time passing their political debts off upon you?

driller80545
02-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Many things have changed for the better over the years. Civil rights used to be reserved for white people. As well as economic rights. I remember well. This has gotten better. And, believe it or not, elections are not as blantantly corrupt as they used to be. But TPTB have been entrenched for many generations and have a big head start. They will not give up power voluntarily. If all the people don't get out in the streets and demand real change, your generation will get a whole lot of "more of the same". Vietnam almost started a civil war in this country with hundreds of thousands of people out in the streets demanding an end to it. It was really something to see. But I guess in the end, nothing really changed. Dammit

Bern
02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
OP would make an excellent letter to the editor for a newspaper. You know - those archaic relics that the old people read.

Jack Bauer
02-12-2011, 09:40 AM

Absolutely +1776!

One generation has no more right to bind another to its debt, than one sovereign nation has the right to command another.

moostraks
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
excellent response, Travlyr. there's something else -- we did something -- we elected the OTHER Ron --- Ronald Reagan. but then we thought the job was done, our guy was in charge (much like with Obama/Soetoro supporters now) and we were set from then on. turned out to be wrong but we didn't know at the time. I believe Reagan was a turncoat from the beginning, but I fell for the schtick back then.

lynn

P.S. maybe I shouldn't feel too bad, our current Ron (Paul) was apparently fooled back then, too, but woke up to that long before I did. but he was closer to the problem back then, having been in DC. but we can consider that to be his training to be ready for now.

I think the election process has been corrupt for awhile. No one will get elected that those behind the power don't want to get elected. The whole thing seems to be smoke and mirrors. Their people are placed well enough within the system and machinery is in place to cover the bases in the event the masses awake from their slumber, that the lesser of two evils option is all we will ever be allowed, imo.

Carson
02-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Snip...

I think most of our problems root back to the 70's when we went off of the gold standard. We used to trade with a currency that had a monetary value. The dangers of the switch to fiat paper wasn't apparent to me for decades.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/RobertSahrcurrencyvalue.jpg

See the little bumps during early times of war. This is other times in history when we used fiat money to finance them. Somehow the dangers were clear to the men and women then and they regained control of their currency and restored its value by withdrawing the fake paper.

I don't know why I didn't see it sooner. I had heard about inflation but I didn't realize what it was costing me. Here are some of the things I've come to realize.

* Through the years I kept getting little raises and thought I was really getting ahead in life. Now I can look at the chart above and see I was falling farther and farther behind.

* When the governemnt spends money it doesn't have it puts more money into the system and devalues what we have.

* When the government doubles the money supply they cut the value in half. Among other things that means they have cut themselves in on anything you have saved or own. Something like currency is devalued no matter where your Aunt Martha has her cookie jar hid. When you sell anything at the new price with inflation included they cut themselves in through capital gains taxes.

* The government spending money it doesn't have devalues anyones money the are banking on in a form of stealth socialism.

Owning stocks can be fun especially when they are going up. It has appeared so most of my life but have they really been? I'm sure many have for legitimate business reason and the market itself has grown but how much of it is because f the devaluation of the dollar. I suspect it has a heavy influence. That would mean that the government has once again cut themselves in on your property. Maybe these are the false profits we were warned to watch for?

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/30DJIA.jpg

I'm sorry if I'm not making things clear. Maybe I should of started this comment with this educational tool I've been working on.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/SuperDollar502x600.jpg

Anyway sorry dude.

Many of these things started occurring to me when I was looking where the money was coming from to subvert the worlds immigration laws. People being able to print up whatever money it takes to get their way could be the power behind the drive to a global government. Not only can the government print up what ever it takes to get their way, without an audit of the Federal Reserve so can others possibly not even in our country. The government we have now seems to me to be run by globalist shills.

We are going to have to regain control of our government before we can regain control of our currency.

We are going to have to regain control of our currency before we can regain control of our country.

P.S. Another thing has come to mind. We don't really have a capitalistic system. Every profit has been tapped into like and flock of vampire bats has descended it with the stealth socialism, taxes, devaluation of the currency and probably other ways that have slipped my mind or attention.

amy31416
02-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Hmm...I ask the same questions about the people who were around in 1913...

Unfortunately, it is what it is, and it could be worse, believe it or not. We still (sorta) have the right to bear arms, freedom of speech and a couple other battered rights hanging by a thread.

All I can say is that without the internet, your kids might be asking you the same thing. Would you know about RP without it? I probably wouldn't...we have to look forward, without forgetting the ills of the past.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 10:45 AM
How much of your news do you get from the internet? How much do you depend on it? It didn't EXIST before the mid 1990s, and took a while to have much on it.

There is your biggest answer. These people were hired to do a job, and we expected them to be doing it. That is what we were paying them for. And your generation isn't at all the only one paying. We paid through the nose for things that won't be there -- which is exactly what you don't want to do.

pcosmar
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
In addition to the many points already stated,
I will add that it started long before "my generation" and we were born into it as well.
There was a movement to address these issues before the current Revolution/Liberty Movement.
It was killed by the FF attack on OKC, and went underground till recently.

Patriot123
02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Meh. I mean, look at Egypt. Look at Tunisia. Look at freaking Iceland, lol. It's like... we have this culture in this country of "nonviolence," but warped. Warped in the sense that any act that's worse than walking through the streets for a few hours is inherently bad. Egyptians didn't do that -- they marched for days, as we've all seen. The uprising in Tunisia didn't just go away after a few hours of peaceful protests. These protests actually did something. Our protests are just like, "let's march through DC for a day just to say we did." No one has ever proposed sit-ins like Martin Luther King did. No one has ever proposed a protest where people remain in the capital -- not leave after a few hours of walking around until, say, our government deals with the deficit. I don't get it -- MLK and a million African Americans did it. Why haven't we? The only other time in our recent history where that has ever happened is the Bonus Army under Hoover, but that's it. That's the only one that counts, because any others -- like during Vietnam, were on an incredibly small scale. We need protests that actually do something. China's Tienanmen Square protests, which captured the attention of the world. The protests following the recent fraud elections in Iran. All nonviolent and peaceful protests that actually put pressure on their government. We need more MLK-style protests, and I don't understand why past generations haven't done this.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Meh. I mean, look at Egypt. Look at Tunisia. Look at freaking Iceland, lol. It's like... we have this culture in this country of "nonviolence," but warped. Warped in the sense that any act that's worse than walking through the streets for a few hours is inherently bad. Egyptians didn't do that -- they marched for days, as we've all seen. The uprising in Tunisia didn't just go away after a few hours of peaceful protests. These protests actually did something. Our protests are just like, "let's march through DC for a day just to say we did." No one has ever proposed sit-ins like Martin Luther King did. No one has ever proposed a protest where people remain in the capital -- not leave after a few hours of walking around until, say, our government deals with the deficit. I don't get it -- MLK and a million African Americans did it. Why haven't we? The only other time in our recent history where that has ever happened is the Bonus Army under Hoover, but that's it. That's the only one that counts, because any others -- like during Vietnam, were on an incredibly small scale. We need protests that actually do something. China's Tienanmen Square protests, which captured the attention of the world. The protests following the recent fraud elections in Iran. All nonviolent and peaceful protests that actually put pressure on their government. We need more MLK-style protests, and I don't understand why past generations haven't done this.

That is all post internet. Why aren't you doing it now? Think about it. You have to coordinate the support, and that has been building since the information was available. The reason Iceland HAD to do it was they didn't know either while it was happening. But then they were few enough to still be able to better impact their government. Big centralized government isn't responsive, which is being attacked.

If you are set to blame people, you will. But if you knew that despite reading what there was - a newspaper every day - you couldn't have a clue, you might look at things differently.

moostraks
02-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Shall we anticipate on your 18th birthday your generation will stage the American protest? You seem to be doing a great deal of finger pointing which merely plays into the divide and conquer politics of the elite. You need to realize that these uprisings are being manipulated to further the end goals of those in power. They merely use the crisis to rearrange the players on the chess board of public opinion.

You are most likely not old enough to have been involved deeply enough with the types of people that run things to realize just how far the corruption goes and just how truly dispensable and disposable humanity is to these folks. First hand experience teaches you volumes more than anything you might read. Peaceful protests are well contained and orchestrated. They spit in the face of real opposition mocking the lack of capacity the public has to get them to listen. Furthermore, they have no problem letting you know they don't care about the rules they will just rewrite them to get the end result they want. People who cannot be contained properly end up meeting untimely deaths.

Education and alternative options to the systems in place will be what slays the beast if they can be accomplished. Look at how each of their propositions seems to ultimately achieve the end goal of destroying innovation and alternatives.

sevin
02-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I want to ask my parents this same question. In the 70's they were active members of the John Birch Society, going to meetings, passing out reading materials, doing whatever they could to make a difference.

Then in 1980 Ronald Regan was elected, they patted themselves on the back, and got complacent.