PDA

View Full Version : POLITICO Report Card: Paul disappoints

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/perm/0211/paul_report_card.html

Substance: Began with a criticism of interventionist foreign policy, tying his long-held belief that America is overextended into the events Friday taking place in Egypt. He then hit his usual criticisms of the Federal Reserve and monetary policy, but was strongest in decrying the U.S. “propping up puppet dictators.”

Presentation: An off day. At times seemed to lose track of where he was going and after reading a quote from Sam Adams later referred to him as Sam Johnson.

Conservative red meat: Got his loudest applause by declaring, “The Patriot Act is literally the destruction of the Fourth Amendment.”

Audience reaction: The crowd for Paul was larger than any other speaker, but unlike last year he didn’t rock the conference. There were no interruptions and chants of “End the Fed” like last year; this time around he barely stirred the audience.

Obama bash: There wasn’t any — he didn’t even mention the president!

OVERALL GRADE: C He’s a CPAC star and should have done better. For as many of those who showed up, he disappointed.

Ron Paul's 'C' is the lowest grade of any of their report cards:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49253.html

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
OVERALL GRADE: C He’s a CPAC star and should have done better. For as many of those who showed up, he disappointed.

lol!

that's hilarious!

There were no interruptions and chants of “End the Fed” like last year; this time around he barely stirred the audience.

Did he/she even watch the speech?

AZKing
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
There were no interruptions and chants of “End the Fed” like last year;[/url]

What a bunch of BS.

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Ron Paul's 'C' is the lowest grade of any of their report cards:

Do you EVER have anything good to report about Ron Paul? EVER?

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Ohhhh, he didn't "rock" the conference enough, huh. :whatever:

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you EVER have anything good to report about Ron Paul? EVER?

I think he is reporting the mistreatment and lies about Ron Paul by the media

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I think he is reporting the mistreatment and lies about Ron Paul by the media

All of his posts are negative about Ron Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM

:rolleyes:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278993-Ron-Paul-The-CPAC-Rock-Star

Bruno
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
If you didn't actually watch his speech, you might believe everything they said was true.

ronpaulfollower999
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Was I naive in believing that the anti-Ron Paul media bias would be less this cycle?

Unfortunately, it appears so.

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM

These don't sound negative to me:

Ron Paul: The CPAC Rock Star (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278993-Ron-Paul-The-CPAC-Rock-Star)

Donald Trump Booed for Slamming Ron Paul at CPAC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278802-Donald-Trump-Booed-for-Slamming-Ron-Paul-at-CPAC)

Before His Arrival, Ron Paul Is Everywhere At CPAC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278944-Before-His-Arrival-Ron-Paul-Is-Everywhere-At-CPAC)

All these were made after 2 p.m. today. I guess you think being a CPAC star is really bad for Ron Paul.

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Was I naive in believing that the anti-Ron Paul media bias would be less this cycle?

Unfortunately, it appears so.

it is less biased, but still not fair.

gls
02-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Politico is owned by the Washington Post. It is a liberal rag written and read by establishment insiders. Of course they are going to marginalize Paul every chance they get.

matt0611
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
What the hell, what speech were THEY watching?

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Okay. Maybe I over reacted. But posting negative shit about Ron Paul on this forum is disrespectful.

POLITICO Report Card: Paul disappoints
Gary Johnson distances self from Ron Paul
PolitiFact Gives Ron Paul a "Pants on Fire" Rating

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay. Maybe I over reacted. But posting negative shit about Ron Paul on this forum is disrespectful.

reporting media mistreatment is fine from my point of view.

i also think that it's fine to show that PolitiFact is a joke.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM

The middle one was anti-Johnson.

The other two...it's too tempting not to post some of the media's BS. This forum needs to bring back the "bad media reporting on Ron Paul" sub-forum.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
How does he explain how much the rest of media disagrees?

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Audience reaction: The crowd for Paul was larger than any other speaker, but unlike last year he didn’t rock the conference. There were no interruptions and chants of “End the Fed” like last year; this time around he barely stirred the audience.

Can't win for losing, huh?

Take that, you sit down and shut up folks.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Can't win for losing, huh?

Take that, you sit down and shut up folks.

Oh, come on, this was our own guy. And they did stand up and shout, as I'm sure you know. He's just lying.

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I heard a lot of end the fed chants on live stream.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh, come on, this was our own guy. And they did stand up and shout, as I'm sure you know. He's just lying.

;)

Dr.3D
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
POLITICO disappoints.

jdowns
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I will no longer look for candidates that are simply prolific speakers and instead look for those with substance and consistency.

devil21
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Sam Johnson? Huh? I watched the entire speech and not once heard anything similar to "Sam Johnson". Is Politico making shit up or did I miss something?

messana
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Next year Ron will be singing his speech with guest stars Aimee Allen and ACDC.

Cowlesy
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Is political sure that Ron Paul was not speaking of this Samuel Johnson (http://www.samueljohnson.com/jpolitics.html)from the 18th century instead of making an additional Samuel Adams reference?

anaconda
02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Sounds like somebody at Politico is green with envy. Understandable. I almost laughed out loud when it said that he "barely stirred the audience." Is the report card issuer hearing impaired?

anaconda
02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Sam Johnson? Huh? I watched the entire speech and not once heard anything similar to "Sam Johnson". Is Politico making shit up or did I miss something?

I think maybe I noticed that glitch actually. But it's a petty criticism. Rand uncharacteristically stumbled over many of his words yesterday. Much more than Ron today.

anaconda
02-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Is political sure that Ron Paul was not speaking of this Samuel Johnson (http://www.samueljohnson.com/jpolitics.html)from the 18th century instead of making an additional Samuel Adams reference?

Thank you for this very astute post.

ord33
02-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Dr. Paul simply misspoke and said Samuel Johnson instead of Samuel Adams...

He then told them that they could not show it to the American public. He told Congress: "Our affairs, it is said, are desperate! If this be our language, they are indeed. If we wear long faces, long faces will become fashionable. The eyes of the people are upon us."
Sam Adams knew that if Congress openly showed their fear to the people, the cause of liberty would be over. He also told them, "We have proclaimed to the world our determination 'to die freemen, rather than to live slaves' ... we have appealed to heaven for the justice of our cause, and in heaven have we placed our trust. Numerous have been the manifestations of God's

Interestingly, this quote was mentioned on Glenn Beck's show on a Founders Friday: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591862,00.html

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 08:42 PM

+rep for reminding me of what I consider to be a most trenchant Samuel Johnson quote:

"Going to sea is like going to prison, with the off chance of being being drowned."

pacelli
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Just yesterday, somebody from Politico was here asking questions about RP. And folks were more than willing to jump in and play ball. Do you think Kasie's article is going to be somewhat fair to RP?

NewRightLibertarian
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
NONE OF THE MEDIA REPORTS CAN EVER BE TRUSTED.

I am at CPAC and the reception for Ron Paul was absolutely amazing. These people are lying scum.

kahless
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
This should be of no surprise when it comes to Politico. They are setting the stage that there is no clear candidate and will soon anoint Giuliani as the front runner. Giuliani has been their man since the 2008 campaign and they have been floating him incessantly ever since.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
This should be of no surprise when it comes to Politico. They are setting the stage that there is no clear candidate and will soon anoint Giuliani as the front runner. Giuliani has been their man since the 2008 campaign and they have been floating him incessantly ever since.

No. Guiliani is a joke.

kahless
02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
No. Guiliani is a joke.

Clearly. However that is Politico's man and considering thier past actions I would put money on it. Guiliani will be no where in the polls but I guarantee he will be on the front page of Politico. Since they have some clout in the media they will keep throwing it out there in hopes it will stick since other media, newspapers and wire services redistribute or quote their articles.

FSP-Rebel
02-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Clearly. However that is Politico's man and considering thier past actions I would put money on it. Guiliani will be no where in the polls but I guarantee he will be on the front page of Politico. Since they have some clout in the media they will keep throwing it out there in hopes it will stick since other media, newspapers and wire services redistribute or quote their articles.

If that's the case they are trying to go up against a loser of the first degree. They do not want Ron.

dbill27
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought ron's speech was packed full of content. Pawlenty's speech was full of meaningless slogans and boring jabs at obama. I did think he could have given a more focused speech though, he seemed to get a little to excited at times and he stuttered. But hey, thats just ron's style, substance over it that is

CableNewsJunkie
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Just yesterday, somebody from Politico was here asking questions about RP. And folks were more than willing to jump in and play ball. Do you think Kasie's article is going to be somewhat fair to RP?

I sure hope so. It would be even cooler if she busted her own co-worker for shoddy reporting.

"Politico reporter Andy Barr auditions for Fox News :)"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278729-Reporter-inquiry-How-do-you-win-so-many-straw-polls&p=3106026&viewfull=1#post3106026

MRK
02-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Yawn.

Politico has been churning out hitpieces on Paul the whole conference.

Politico even sent a reporter to these forums on Thursday to source some more spin. I'd like to think she was sent with good intentions, but, um... just look at the damn scoreboard.

Bruno
02-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Different point of view. Maybe they didn't see the same speech? lol

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279065-Pretty-decent-Raw-Story-article-on-Ron-at-CPAC.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/r...ve-conference/

Is he running for US Senate? Is he signaling his bid for US president? Or is he hinting at something deeper within the US political climate?

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) sounded like he was about to hit the campaign trail again during his speech at a right-wing forum Friday, but before he left the podium, he warned Americans that their federal government was in trouble.

Paul drew thunderous applause for bashing his favorite targets: the Patriot Act, US aid to foreign nations, and US military bases overseas. After his call for the Federal Reserve banking system to be audited, the crowd chanted, "End the Fed! End the Fed!"

Eric21ND
02-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Politico can lick my ass.

Imperial
02-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I will be the first to admit that, being in the audience, I felt that Dr. Paul was not really on with this speech today. I liked last year's CPAC speech better.

That said, Dr. Paul is not about being an awesome speaker- I love that skill, but I love him more for his ability to speak what he sees is right no matter what. That is more important, and he just gave out what he felt on the podium.

Besides that, David Weigel pointed out in an article how Paul kind of mumbled his point about the 10% flat income tax. He said there was word from an advisor that this was actually rehearsing a potential platform for the campaign.

That is good, since this means some of the material, while not necessarily new, was worded in ways unusual for Dr. Paul and disrupted the flow of the speech.