PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL and Reagan Question

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
It's comments like this (Former president Ronald Reagan once said “Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country!”) that makes me wonder why Ron Paul doesn't mention it more.

I'm sure Reagan said more positive things about RP. But when the other guys sit up there and compare themselves to Reagan and act like they no the most about Reagan and his beliefs, it looks like RP could step in and say...(caughing) As working beside Reagan.....etc....

what do you guys think?

CJLauderdale4
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I wish he would say something simple, like: "I believe that I'm the only candidate on this stage that Ronald Reagan specifically praised for his service..."

That would make all the neo-cons kringe, and run to the closest laptop and Google it, only to find IT'S TRUE!!

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
I wish he would say something simple, like: "I believe that I'm the only candidate on this stage that Ronald Reagan specifically praised for his service..."

That would make all the neo-cons kringe, and run to the closest laptop and Google it, only to find IT'S TRUE!!

Exactly. Do you have any ideas on why he is not mentioning things like this when they bring up Reagan?

dt_
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
This is a very good point. RP should bring up his personal acquaintance with Reagan more often in debates! GOP people will start talking.

terlinguatx
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM

Kacela
10-22-2007, 10:09 PM
RP is probably waiting for the perfect time to spring: "I knew Ronald Reagan, I was friends with Ronald Reagan; You sir, are no Ronald Reagan" :p

Primbs
10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Reagan can be used at a future debate when more voters are watching.

Paulitician
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
That's what I thought too. Reagan's words about Libertarianism would also come in handy, seeing as how media is always quick to point that out about Ron Paul.

"You guys praise Ronald Reagan so much, but didn't you know..."