PDA

View Full Version : CPAC shouting helped (IMO)

WilliamShrugged
02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
So far i have got independents that are against the wars attention by showing them the youth turnout at CPAC. The shouting at Cheney and Rumsfeld was a plus in getting them see hope in the future. As of now, im talking to about 20 people on Youtube about Ron Paul and so far it looks as if 60% haven't even heard of him, but like what i have explained about him (freedom is popular ). The other 40% have heard of him, but haven't a clue on what he stands for (thanks MSM). Yet so far also like what they hear. Some are planing on watching his speech today while others want to see him win CPAC. This all started last night with me going on some young liberal's youtube page, posting what happened yesterday to see what they thought of it. And my whole morning so far is educating them on Ron Paul. So all in all i say this Trump and Cheney booing has helped(IMO).

ps. You guys might see some newbies here also...

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
It is being panned in the conservative blogs. Do the people you are speaking to vote in the GOP primary?

georgiaboy
02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
props to this.
lemonade, folks.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
It is being panned in the conservative blogs. Do the people you are speaking to vote in the GOP primary?

OMG will you please stop with this. You think FREEPERS and the Levins/Hannitized of the worlds are going to give any anti-war candidate their vote? Please.

sratiug
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Did you post video clips? Do we have any good compilation videos that are short and to the point?

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
OMG will you please stop with this. You think FREEPERS and the Levins/Hannitized of the worlds are going to give any anti-war candidate their vote? Please.

I'm not talking about freepers. I'm talking about blogs like Cabuchi and the other mccain. People who have been open to our candidates in the past.

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm not talking about freepers. I'm talking about blogs like Cabuchi and the other mccain. People who have been open to our candidates in the past.

08 was the first time I voted. It wasn't hard for me to REGISTER FOR THE FIRST TIME as a Republican. How about getting NEW voters instead of trying to win over our enemies that marginalize us?

WilliamShrugged
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM

So far I haven't gotten that far. They are still learning about the guy but support him over the others at CPAC.

Did you post video clips? Do we have any good compilation videos that are short and to the point?

No. I honestly don't make videos. I am not the most computer savoy. Just find videos on yt are spread them around to others. I would like to make videos down the road. I still need to buy a video camera( waiting to see if Ron runs for though). To be honest I am still new to the Ron Paul movement myself. I only started to learn about him a year ago. I was a free market guy in high school that liked politics, but i watched MSM to get the news so i didn't really know anything about Ron Paul in 08. Over time my appetite for wanting to know the truth lead me to him and ever since i try to help other kids in the same direction. It can be problematic at times (people think they know everything). Overall i would say its a plus. I have some friends that i have got to switch over, while others i feel will get it down the road. As long as im respectable and honest, i feel that it is working.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
08 was the first time I voted. It wasn't hard for me to REGISTER FOR THE FIRST TIME as a Republican. How about getting NEW voters instead of trying to win over our enemies that marginalize us?

you do that, but they will be voting AGAINST the other people already there, and historically it is harder to make people change affiliations.

boethius27
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I have some hardcore Che worshiping Commie friends who just posted links to articles about the "war criminal" heckling. They love it and are happy to see libertarians taking a loud and vocal stand against the war mongerers.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I have some hardcore Che worshiping Commie friends who just posted links to articles about the "war criminal" heckling. They love it and are happy to see libertarians taking a loud and vocal stand against the war mongerers.

And will never register GOP and vote for Ron. Yeah, there's support on the left for these points, but it doesn't change their view of Ron overall as a candidate, and it doesn't help in elections. Whatever. What is done is done.

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM

And they would never ever vote for Ron Paul in a Republican primary, ever.

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
And will never register GOP and vote for Ron. Yeah, there's support on the left for these points, but it doesn't change their view of Ron overall as a candidate, and it doesn't help in elections. Whatever. What is done is done.

Haha^^^ we said the same thing.