PDA

View Full Version : Before His Arrival, Ron Paul Is Everywhere At CPAC

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/02/11/before-his-arrival-ron-paul-is-everywhere-at-cpac/

Just five years ago, the Conservative Political Action Conference still had a Doris Day feel, like a time warp to 1978, when everyone was still filled with nostalgia for 1961. Pat Boone was the musical act, and he played before a screen that showed flapping flags, rhyming the word “God” with the word “God.” It was an old stale act.

This year, I have seen several attendees with earlobe-stretching hoops, and Gary Johnson, a former New Mexico governor, got rousing applause from the main hall for declaring, “Legalize marijuana.” When Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney, two icons of old conservatism, came out before the crowd on Thursday, they faced jeers of “draft dodger” and “war criminal” and a staged walkout by dozens of participants.

The reason for this shift won't even appear in the main hall until 3:30 p.m. on Friday. Ron Paul is a star here, even when he doesn't show up. When Rep. Paul Ryan, the head of the budget committee came out Thursday, he tried to connect with the youthful crowd by name dropping the superstar. “I understand that there are some Ron Paul fans here,” he said. “I'm the other Paul.”

The most electric moment of Thursday's event was Donald Trump's improvised comeback to hooting Paul supporters. “By the way, Ron Paul can't get elected. I'm sorry,” Trump said. On Friday morning, Brian Baker, of Taxpayers Against Earmarks sparked an eruption of boos and cheers when he noted an earmark Paul had requested $2.5 million for, among other things, street lighting in Baytown, Texas. For many of the young attendees, this was heresy.

eOs
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Every news piece I read about the people who shouted or walked out have been all good.

thehighwaymanq
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
The story of the day was Ron Paul:

First, his organization had the most-attended events and registered the most people.
Second, Paul Ryan, the 'future' of the GOP opens his speech talking about Ron Paul.
Third, Trump brings up Ron Paul to push his name into the media (worked perfectly).
Four, Rumsfeld and Cheney are all over the press cause what Ron Paul supporters did, albeit disrespectfully.
Five, his son speaks.
Ron speaks today, and it should be very interesting what happens. The rumor around C4L at Cpac was that he’s announcing this weekend so we will see!

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Every news piece I read about the people who shouted or walked out have been all good.

That's the leftist media. The blogs on the right are saying it was inexcusable and moreover that Trump was right. At least the ones I saw.

Romulus
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
“I understand that there are some Ron Paul fans here,” he said. “I'm the other Paul.”

BOOOOOOOOO!

lol. jk - dont do that!

WilliamShrugged
02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
So far i have got independents that are against the wars attention by showing them the youth turnout at CPAC. The shouting at Cheney and Rumsfeld was a plus in getting them see hope in the future. As of now, im talking to about 20 people on Youtube about Ron Paul and so far it looks as if 60% haven't even heard of him, but like what i have explained about him (freedom is popular:) ). The other 40% have heard of him, but haven't a clue on what he stands for (thanks MSM). Yet so far also like what they hear. Some are planing on watching his speech today while others want to see him win CPAC. This all started last night with me going on some young liberal's youtube page, posting what happened yesterday to see what they thought of it. And my whole morning so far is educating them on Ron Paul. So all in all i say this Trump and Cheney booing has helped(IMO).

Captain Shays
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Well here in Philly the Ron Paul bashing started bright and early and continued until Rush Limbaugh came on. Then I turned off my radio. Believe me. The 5-9 am host and then the 9-12 host did nothing but bash Ron Paul and his supporters and most of the people who called in agreed with them not us.

Those knuckleheads shouting at Cheney at CPAC hurt us bad. That sort of bullsnit needs to stop man. No more of the "911 was an inside job" BS either.

It's like on one hand people know we're up against an entrenched power who controls the media, who controls the money, who controls the ballot access requirements who controls our government and on the other hand, they think that by exposing some conspiracy theory those entrenched powers will give up their power hold and run away. COME ON! Do you guys know what we're up against? Don't you remember how concerned we all were that if Ron Paul got too close to the mark how they might try to kill him? Haven't you seen enough of their dirty games like bringing up some obscure letter by some unknown writer 25 year ago and attributed to Ron Paul as if he wrote it? Haven't you heard enough of their distortions and lies and half truths in the media?

We already have that against us and we already have issues that the power elites ignore because 1) they don't want the people to know the truth and 2) they don't want to be exposed. 3) the people have no idea until either Ron Paul or us tells them or they do the research like we did.

So why would you even take a chance at undermining all of our efforts for a few quick and cheap political points?

This kind if shit hurts us more than it helps us and I really wish it would stop because my life, my children's lives and my entire country depends on whether Ron Paul can get elected. He is the ONLY one do you know that? No one else stands up for liberty, constitutional government., non interventionist foreign policy AND has the YEARS of proving their integrity like Ron Paul does. We all know what is coming around the corner if we don't change the rails on this train. We ALL know that it doesn't matter whether Obama or Romney or Huckabee or one of their other chosen neocons gets elected. This country and our freedom and our way of life will be over in short time. Ron Paul is getting old and in my opinion this is our last chance to make it right so don't F us up

thehighwaymanq
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul is trending on Twitter for DC right now!

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Well here in Philly the Ron Paul bashing started bright and early and continued until Rush Limbaugh came on. Then I turned off my radio. Believe me. The 5-9 am host and then the 9-12 host did nothing but bash Ron Paul and his supporters and most of the people who called in agreed with them not us.

Those knuckleheads shouting at Cheney at CPAC hurt us bad. That sort of bullsnit needs to stop man. No more of the "911 was an inside job" BS either.

It's like on one hand people know we're up against an entrenched power who controls the media, who controls the money, who controls the ballot access requirements who controls our government and on the other hand, they think that by exposing some conspiracy theory those entrenched powers will give up their power hold and run away. COME ON! Do you guys know what we're up against? Don't you remember how concerned we all were that if Ron Paul got too close to the mark how they might try to kill him? Haven't you seen enough of their dirty games like bringing up some obscure letter by some unknown writer 25 year ago and attributed to Ron Paul as if he wrote it? Haven't you heard enough of their distortions and lies and half truths in the media?

We already have that against us and we already have issues that the power elites ignore because 1) they don't want the people to know the truth and 2) they don't want to be exposed. 3) the people have no idea until either Ron Paul or us tells them or they do the research like we did.

So why would you even take a chance at undermining all of our efforts for a few quick and cheap political points?

This kind if shit hurts us more than it helps us and I really wish it would stop because my life, my children's lives and my entire country depends on whether Ron Paul can get elected. He is the ONLY one do you know that? No one else stands up for liberty, constitutional government., non interventionist foreign policy AND has the YEARS of proving their integrity like Ron Paul does. We all know what is coming around the corner if we don't change the rails on this train. We ALL know that it doesn't matter whether Obama or Romney or Huckabee or one of their other chosen neocons gets elected. This country and our freedom and our way of life will be over in short time. Ron Paul is getting old and in my opinion this is our last chance to make it right so don't F us up

Philly? Really? You have a better shot at getting Obama voters to listen to Paul then Neo-Cons there. Its liberal as hell, booing Cheney would be a good thing to spread around that city.

RyanRSheets
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
The story of the day was Ron Paul:

First, his organization had the most-attended events and registered the most people.
Second, Paul Ryan, the 'future' of the GOP opens his speech talking about Ron Paul.
Third, Trump brings up Ron Paul to push his name into the media (worked perfectly).
Four, Rumsfeld and Cheney are all over the press cause what Ron Paul supporters did, albeit disrespectfully.
Five, his son speaks.
Ron speaks today, and it should be very interesting what happens. The rumor around C4L at Cpac was that he's announcing this weekend so we will see!

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Gandhi

The fact that they are all worried enough to try and dismiss us speaks volumes. We will win in 2012.

SilentBull
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Philly? Really? You have a better shot at getting Obama voters to listen to Paul then Neo-Cons there. Its liberal as hell, booing Cheney would be a good thing to spread around that city.

Understand that we need to win a primary. Liberals are not gonna help us win. What's so hard to understand about that?

Captain Shays
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM

LOL. Well, maybe you're right.I said this in another thread. That I was so mad about it that I called in to the Dom Giordano show because he was going off on Ron Paul all morning after the 5-9 guy went off on him for his entire show. I tried to mention that Ron Paul won CPAC last year and got booed and heckled and the host cut me off before it aired. You know, there is a delay so he heard me for sure but cut it off before the rest of his listeners could hear what I said.
Just another media attempt to spin it in a corrupt and dirty manner that marginalizes Ron Paul. It would have blown his whole argument out of the water. Why would it be foul and dirty, disrupting and uncouth to heckle Cheney by Ron Paul supporters but not all those things when Ron Paul got heckled by neo-cons?

I HATE these media scumbags. In their attempt to undermine Ron Paul and us, they are undermining the Constitution which he and we stand for. They need to be kicked in the balls