PDA

View Full Version : Intrade: Bet on Outcome of CPAC Straw Poll




RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/index.jsp?query=cpac+

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
WHOA!

Paul:

Bid $53
Ask $97
Last $64
Volume 166

It's pretty clear who's the predicted winner!

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
But they are saying the Romney bots just arrived.

thehighwaymanq
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Hahahahaahahhahah wow this is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UtahApocalypse
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Interesting he has dropped some today. Blowback from yesterday?

xd9fan
02-11-2011, 12:00 PM
wow has Cpac made me now start to think Obama will win again.......I am stocked at how truly hollow the GOP is.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Interesting he has dropped some today. Blowback from yesterday?

I'm sure it was. When Ron won last time, he had people there he persuaded. NO ONE is going to be persuaded in his favor after what his supporters did, quite the opposite, and by the time he's done speaking the vote will be over.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm sure it was. When Ron won last time, he had people there he persuaded. NO ONE is going to be persuaded in his favor after what his supporters did, quite the opposite, and by the time he's done speaking the vote will be over.

Well, no. Ron Paul speaks for thirty minutes starting at 3:30 PM today. Voting in the straw poll ends at 5:00 PM today.

The early-morning bus-in for Mitt Romney was just people coming to hear his 10:30 AM speech. Doesn't mean they voted. I like the odds...maybe 55% chance for Ron Paul winning and 45% for Romney winning.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm sure it was. When Ron won last time, he had people there he persuaded. NO ONE is going to be persuaded in his favor after what his supporters did, quite the opposite, and by the time he's done speaking the vote will be over.

You remind me of the homeless guy on the street with his end of times sign. I just roll my eyes. Somehow we survived throwing snowballs at Hannity, I think we will survive this just fine.

georgiaboy
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
NO ONE is going to be persuaded in his favor after what his supporters did, quite the opposite.
Indeed, this is always how I decide for whom to vote. :P

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, no. Ron Paul speaks for thirty minutes starting at 3:30 PM today. Voting in the straw poll ends at 5:00 PM today.

The early-morning bus-in for Mitt Romney was just people coming to hear his 10:30 AM speech. Doesn't mean they voted. I like the odds...maybe 55% chance for Ron Paul winning and 45% for Romney winning.

Last time he went on an hour late, and they had ended voting early at 11. Since the Romney bots just came in though, they might have held voting open for them.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Indeed, this is always how I decide for whom to vote. :P

You are supporting someone. Usually only small minority there even vote in the poll. If we piss them off enough they might, because they are pissed. If we charm them they might because they are charmed.

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Last time he went on an hour late, and they had ended voting early at 11. Since the Romney bots just came in though, they might have held voting open for them.

Ron Paul is on at 3:30 and the announcer just said that voting ends at 3:00. He won't be able to win any votes with his speech.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Ron Paul is on at 3:30 and the announcer just said that voting ends at 3:00. He won't be able to win any votes with his speech.

Bingo.

Valli6
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Well, no. Ron Paul speaks for thirty minutes starting at 3:30 PM today. Voting in the straw poll ends at 5:00 PM today.
Are you sure of That?! :confused:
on C-SPAN THEY JUST SAID VOTING ENDS AT 3 PM ! No?
(was she refering to some other poll?)

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Are you sure of That?! :confused:
on C-SPAN THEY JUST SAID VOTING ENDS AT 3 PM ! No?
(was she refering to some other poll?)

Just going by Mitt Romney's official unofficial grassroots website:

h XXp://mittromneycentral.com/2011/02/10/cpac-2011-is-here-here-is-what-you-need-to-know/


Q: When does the straw poll voting close?
A: Friday 5:00 PM

Q: When are the results of the straw poll announced?
A: Saturday 5:15 PM

ChristianAnarchist
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I have only been to one straw poll (SRLC last year) there was confusion as to when the poll ends then and I've heard stories from other straw polls where it was the same. The only way to be sure your vote gets counted is to vote early...

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Just going by Mitt Romney's official unofficial grassroots website:

h XXp://mittromneycentral.com/2011/02/10/cpac-2011-is-here-here-is-what-you-need-to-know/

That is what they announced in the beginning but people are saying at CPAC they announced it will now end at 3.