PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, how good of a chance does Ron Paul have of winning the straw poll?

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
For those of you who are there, do you have any idea of how this will go? Should I get my hopes up? Do you think we will actually pull off another big win this year?

Bruno
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Plan for the best, prepare for the worst.

Bern
02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Do or do not. There is no try.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
We might have done better if we'd made more friends. I think last time it wasn't just us, we made friends.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Probably:

50% chance of Ron Paul win.
50% chance of Mitt Romney win.
100% chance of either Ron Paul or Mitt Romney finishing first.

Hopefully the rowdy Ron Paul supporters aren't driving turn out for the opposition to deny Paul.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
voted on the CPAC app for iphone which will also be announced. Ron at 33.18

Rand is also on the ballot, so be careful. Get the CPAC app if you have the iphone. The straw poll icons are at the bottom. They don't give you a second choice, or Rand'd be mine.

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
You think the establishment candidates will split the vote or are the attendees all working on supporting Romney? I'm getting mixed impressions from everything I read. Sounds like Ron Paul people are there in force and it sounds like Romney didn't quite win hearts with his speech. I saw a lot of Republicans posting to twitter saying the "RINO" was speaking.

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Rand is also on the ballot, so be careful. Get the CPAC app if you have the iphone. The straw poll icons are at the bottom. They don't give you a second choice, or Rand'd be mine.

Did you happen to see where Romney was?

amonasro
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Did you happen to see where Romney was?

12%

Dorfsmith
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Sweet.

Romulus
02-11-2011, 11:21 AM

If Rand is on there not surely not going to help Ron's chances.... hope for the best!

erowe1
02-11-2011, 11:21 AM
You think the establishment candidates will split the vote or are the attendees all working on supporting Romney? I'm getting mixed impressions from everything I read. Sounds like Ron Paul people are there in force and it sounds like Romney didn't quite win hearts with his speech. I saw a lot of Republicans posting to twitter saying the "RINO" was speaking.

I think that had RP supporters behaved themselves, then the rest would have split the vote and all voted for whomever they actually supported. But what will happen now is that all of the non-RP supporters will vote for Romney just to make sure RP doesn't win because they don't want to let a bunch of loud mouthed idiots become the face of their movement.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I think that had RP supporters behaved themselves, then the rest would have split the vote and all voted for whomever they actually supported. But what will happen now is that all of the non-RP supporters will vote for Romney just to make sure RP doesn't win because they don't want to let a bunch of loud mouthed idiots become the face of their movement.

This.

Sadly. :( I fear this is exactly how it'll play out. All the Palin/Huckabee/whatever people will vote Romney because he's the one that can defeat Paul and his "rude supporters" in the straw poll.

thehighwaymanq
02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I was there yesterday, and I think Ron has it in the bag. But the question is, by what margin will he win?

civusamericanus
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Ron Paul is at 34.8% in the CPAC online straw poll and Mitt Romney is at 13.22%.

Talk to everyone about Romneycare,
Mitt lacks so much humility he even wrote a book called "No apologies".
Which included an individual mandate, just like ObamaCare!

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Unfortunately, I think that could really happen. Or write in the Donald.

In any event, I understand the busloads of Romney bots have just arrived in unison.

Krugerrand
02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Do or do not. There is no try.

quote requires illustration.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/dsq3973-albums-misc+pictures-picture48687-yoda-do-do-not-there-no-try.jpg

dbill27
02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Off topic maybe, but if its ron against tim pawlenty he's got a great chance, I'm watching his speech and its as boring as possible