PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Throws Pro-Pot Legalization Libertarian (Gary Johnson) Off Stage (VIDEO)

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 10:14 AM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/cpac-throws-pro-legal-pot-libertarian-off-stage.php

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson (R) is one of the many coy presidential contenders speaking at CPAC this year. He hasn't said officially if he's running for president, but he showed up here with staff who are on the ground for him in Iowa and New Hampshire, as well as a slew of Gary Johnson for President signs. CPAC is generally very welcoming of Republican presidential contenders, giving them space on the dais to speak and time to make their case to the thousands gathered here.

Unless they're pot-legalization supporting libertarians like Johnson. Those, they throw off the stage.

Paul will get a big slot on stage Friday, and his supporters may win him the all-important (but not really) straw poll Saturday. But Johnson's name wasn't even on the schedule before he spoke this morning, and a Johnson staffer told me that CPAC "bumped us then un-bumped us a few times."

In the end, they gave Johnson 15 minutes Friday morning, which he spent touting his many vetoes while governor (750, he said) and calling on the Republican Party to make a deal with Democrats to repeal the Medicare prescription drug plan that President Bush signed along with the health care reform bill that President Obama signed.

Johnson had just moved on to immigration when, all of a sudden, country music began to swell. The day's emcee, Pajama Media's Roger Simon, popped out from behind the curtain and stood to Johnson's right, waiting. Clearly, Johnson's CPAC moment was over.

The Johson staffer told TPM: "Yeah, they played him off."

Watch the awkwardness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9h4XDw0o2U

Bruno
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
The Johnson staffer told TPM: "Yeah, they played him off."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY

civusamericanus
02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
The people running the CPAC event are bias fascist pigs. Plain and simple. I fealt really bad for Gary Johnson. I looked over the end of other speeches, and they didn't disrespect others in this way.

Valli6
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Here's Gary Johnson's full CPAC speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cuexQ4EV7o

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
He was stuck in at the last minute, after the schedule was set. They were probably just keeping him to his agreed upon time.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
All non objective comments aside, it seems like the scheduling and planning of this year's event is a cluster fuck.

Maybe it's just me...

specsaregood
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
All non objective comments aside, it seems like the scheduling and planning of this year's event is a cluster fuck.
Maybe it's just me...
Maybe, but first tell us how much experience you have recognizing cluster fucks.

It hardly looks like he was "thrown off stage". sensational headline is sensational.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Maybe, but first tell us how much experience you have recognizing cluster fucks.

It hardly looks like he was "thrown off stage". sensational headline is sensational.

Plenty, by god I know a Charlie Foxtrot when I see one.

That said, I can't watch videos where I am, so I'll take your word for it.

Like I said, could just be me...

specsaregood
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Plenty, by god I know a Charlie Foxtrot when I see one.
That said, I can't watch videos where I am, so I'll take your word for it.
Like I said, could just be me...

I have no doubt about it, just busting balls. But yeah, he wasn't "thrown off stage" Only a person that has never actually been thrown out of a place would consider that "thrown".

devil21
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I didnt see anything of the sort in those videos. GJ had stopped talking about pot a long time before and his 15 minutes was about up.

Flash
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I didnt see anything of the sort in those videos. GJ had stopped talking about pot a long time before and his 15 minutes was about up.

Yeah but THEN he was talking about open borders lol. Both subjects they may have not wanted to be discussed at CPAC.

dannno
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
The Johnson staffer told TPM: "Yeah, they played him off."

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!?? THAT'S NOT ENGLISH!!

http://lostinreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/The-Lunatic-Part11.jpg

libertybrewcity
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I am sure if any of the speakers would have gone on for more time than they were suppose to they would have started to play quiet music and gradually increase it. That is usually the call to stop the speech. He is lucky they gave him a time slot too.

Brian4Liberty
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah but THEN he was talking about open borders lol. Both subjects they may have not wanted to be discussed at CPAC.

Yeah, no one cares about pot, but going "open borders" will get you into trouble faster than John "Build the damn fence" McAmnesty...