PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING! - Egyptian president steps down

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Military High Council in Control of the country.

-t

YumYum
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Mubarak resigns, hands power to the military

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/02/military-vows-free-election-offers-conditional-end-to-emergency-law/1

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
@mhegi: Uninstalling dictator COMPLETE - installing now: egypt 2.0: █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ #egypt #jan25 #tahrir

Historic
:D

WorldonaString
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
So great!

Jack Bauer
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Military High Council in Control of the country.

-t

Perhaps now isn't the time but I will go ahead and say it - I told you so!

All those on this board wetting their pants with dreams of a democratic, power to the people, liberal, free government were just being foolishly romantic.

It was always going to be a military coup that would remove Mubarak from power. From one dictator to another. The story of the middle east.

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM

All those on this board wetting their pants with dreams of a democratic, power to the people, liberal, free government were just being foolishly romantic.

It was always going to be a military coup that would remove Mubarak from power. From one dictator to another. The story of the middle east.

Not at all, The Army has been sympathetic to the people from the start. They will hold it while a new constitution is written and elections held.
This was the protesters plan all along.

RedStripe
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM

:rolleyes:

jclay2
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Not at all, The Army has been sympathetic to the people from the start. They will hold it while a new constitution is written and elections held.
This was the protesters plan all along.

Yeah, the military will completely embrace freedom and democracy...Not! Now is a chance to institute a new puppet to pull the strings for the CIA and Israel. Hopefully, the Egyptian people won't so blindly trust the military, the very same people who brought them Mubarak. The military is only sympathetic to the people, so long as they are in charge!

specsaregood
02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the military will completely embrace freedom and democracy...Not! Now is a chance to institute a new puppet to pull the strings for the CIA and Israel. Hopefully, the Egyptian people won't so blindly trust the military, the very same people who brought them Mubarak. The military is only sympathetic to the people, so long as they are in charge!

Who makes up "the military"? Is it composed of foreigners and baboons?

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Just because America is filled with lazy, uneducated idiots, doesn't mean Egypt is.

chudrockz
02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
No one knows for sure WHAT will happen next there. But, 1.) There's a chance it could be really good for folks there, and at least 2.) It's hard to envision the situation getting worse.

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
The "story of the middle east" is American and Western intervention. Egyptians will not take to it. Its too easy for information to get around.

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
It is Historic. It changes everything. It changes the face of the Middle East. Every Dictator is questioning his position right now.
It will force changes in US Foreign Policy.

This is Historic, and it is not over.

xd9fan
02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I agree. What has the USA done in the last 30 years???

how many troops and treasure wasted on neocon foriegn policy (entanglements)??

The Egyptians are acting like ron pauler's right now. Without a bullet fired....no USA bases.

Words like diginity and liberty are being discussed on Al Jazeera English right now.

Is this risky yes....so is Liberty.

I wish Ron Paul was president because we NEED a president on the right side of history and LIBERTY and is unafraid to talk about " to a candid world"

I have a feeling that the Egyptian people (hearing the woman on al jazeera makes me smile.....married man you know this.....the wives have a lot of pull and they are talking about human diginty) will not be so easily controlled by another D-Bag. Once the Liberty toothpaste is out of the tube, its hard to slam it back in.

Egyptians are more american than americans right now.

I cant help but think this proves the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" foriegn policy is an american failure.

Baptist
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry, but having the military take over is one of the worst possible things that could happen. I can't believe these people are embracing this.

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Sorry, but having the military take over is one of the worst possible things that could happen. I can't believe these people are embracing this.

It is temporary, Until the transitional Govt is in place, and was an agreement WITH the people.
Most of the old government and police will be under investigation and likely tried for crimes. The people need the Army.

dude58677
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
It is temporary, Until the transitional Govt is in place, and was an agreement WITH the people.
Most of the old government and police will be under investigation and likely tried for crimes. The people need the Army.

Unless their military is lying.

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Unless their military is lying.

They refused to fire on protesters, and protected protesters at times from the police.
Some of the military had joined the protest.
This was an agreement that was acceptable to the protesters.

There is no legitimacy other than that of the people,"
Military Statement
This was NOT a Military Coup.

georgiaboy
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
It is Historic. It changes everything. It changes the face of the Middle East. Every Dictator is questioning his position right now.
It will force changes in US Foreign Policy.

This is Historic, and it is not over.

I've really enjoyed the heart you've displayed in relaying this info over the boards over the last weeks. I pray you are correct in your assessments. +rep

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Explain. Do you know the Egyptian military personally? Do you know their motives. Have you heard their speeches about NOT keeping power? Have you heard about the people guarding Mubarak's palace shooting their guns off in celebration? The ENTIRE population of Egypt is celebrating, including the military.

Just because our military likes to occupy countries doesn't know their's will.

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
It takes 3 minutes to make a Twitter account, just follow Egypt as it happens. This revolution isn't some carbon copy we can sit on a message board and plan/predict. Its different. The US if FUCKED in Egypt. The information flows too freely.

Baptist
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I've really enjoyed the heart you've displayed in relaying this info over the boards over the last weeks. I pray you are correct in your assessments. +rep

I hope so to. However, even if it turns out good for the people of Egypt it is nowhere near the most desirable outcome.

Having the military take over is bad for two reasons. 1.) Oftentimes neighboring military who may have been thinking about a coup, but have not because it would look bad to the international community, are now enticed to overthrow their own government. It's the "everyone is doing it" argument. As an example, I would not be the least bit surprised if Tunisia's military steps in and takes over what was once a people's revolution. 2.) Disregarding the Constitution for military rule sets a bad precedent and destabilizes a country. In the future, when the people of Egypt are in trouble, instead of taking matters into their own hands they may plead for the military to intervene again-- today's military may be hunky dorie, but tomorrow's may not. Also, the people of Egypt are now more likely to overthrow future governments. I say this because a populace will easily overthrow a system with a 5-year-old constitution than, whereas they may think twice about chucking a 30-year-old constitution in the trash.

Baptist
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
You guys should go to TheAlexJonesChannel and watch today's interview with Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers. Somewhere in the middle he explains why Egyptians should not look to their military for help.

This may turn out good, I hope it does. But looking at history, odds are against the people of Egypt.

awake
02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
They traded in a civilian dictator backed by the military for a dictatorship of the military itself. I wonder if the same thing will happen in the U.S.?

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
You guys should go to TheAlexJonesChannel and watch today's interview with Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers. Somewhere in the middle he explains why Egyptians should not look to their military for help.

This may turn out good, I hope it does. But looking at history, odds are against the people of Egypt.

Looking at history 20 million non-violent protesters is hard to find.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM

I second that.

+rep to Pete

pcosmar
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
@sandmonkey: We are joined by a hijabi family while we drink. This is revolution #jan25

lol

YumYum
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Obama just spoke and said he will stand behind the Egyptian people; whatever aid and other assistance they need. Most Americans share his sentiments, but I notice on the net that the neocons are fire-spitting mad at Obama. They are calling him a traitor for wanting Mubarak's exit.

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Obama just spoke and said he will stand behind the Egyptian people; whatever aid and other assistance they need. Most Americans share his sentiments, but I notice on the net that the neocons are fire-spitting mad at Obama. They are calling him a traitor for wanting Mubarak's exit.

And those same Neo-Cons are the ones we need to "win over" for Ron to get elected....says people on the board.

Egyptians seem to be buying Obama's speech. I've been sending out my warnings via Twitter since the news broke.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
The Role of the Army
Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 11, 2011 11:15 AM
There was much talk about the Egyptian army–would it massacre the people at the behest of Mubarak and his masters, would it remain neutral, would it merely withdraw support from Mube, or would it frag any officers who ordered it to murder peaceful demonstrators. I think that the army–split between rich, indolent generals and poor, conscripted soldiers–was and is as paralyzed as the rest of the State when the people peacefully withdrew their consent.

All the pro-army propaganda in the US media is this plea: keep control of Egypt for the empire! But remember this for our own case, too: every single army on earth exists, first and foremost, to protect the government from the people. But if the people refuse to consent, even the army is powerless.

PreDeadMan
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Hopefully the Egyptian people get to taste real freedom so I hope they don't "choose a tyrant"... i mean a leader. yes otherwise the cycle will restart itself all over again.