PDA

View Full Version : Back from my day at CPAC

Elwar
02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm back from my day at CPAC. I got up at 3:30 AM yesterday and caught a flight into Baltimore...spent 2 hours on bus and metro to get to the conference.

I immediately walked over to the CFL booth, got my conference pass and went to vote.

I voted for Ron Paul for my first choice and Gary Johnson for my second choice.

For priorities I put the Debt as #1 and Lower Taxes as #2.

They had a celebrity page with various fields asking which Republican celebrities fit in the categories. They had a list of celebrities or you could write in your own. I put down Aaron Russo, John Stossel, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Clint Eastwood, Drew Carrey and a few others in various categories.

I went to Gary Johnson's booth and introduced myself to him (I've e-mailed him via the garyjohnson2012.com site but never met him). He said "Oh Chad!" and gave me a big hug. I spoke to his son for a bit and he pretty much ruled out any run for Senate saying that position wouldn't fit him very well (his experience is in the leadership and executive role).

I took a bunch of pictures and some video of Trump and Rand. I'll get those up as soon as I can.

I took a picture of the Romney booth that was back by the bathrooms with two bored workers and one guy standing in front of them asking a question. Then I took a picture of the CFL booth that was fully staffed and packed with people as well as Johnson's booth with the same.

I got a picture with :collins: :)

I left after Rand's speech, it wasn't easy because there were so many people leaving so it was slow getting out. It was hard holding your tongue when they were up there talking about how great Rumsfeld was, and there were a lot of us still in there. I got out before Rumsfeld came up.

Headed out at about 5 and got home at 1AM...very sore (I wore some uncomfortable dress shoes and my feet are killing me).

Many thanks to all of the folks that contributed to my Chip-In. I'll post pics and video when I get a chance.

Disconsolate
02-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Great stuff. Sounds like you had a great time :D.

Matt Collins
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I cant feel my feet either. Oh well, 3 more days to go.

Kregisen
02-12-2011, 01:15 AM
The chance to post pics and video is NOW!

....or whenever you have time.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
You missed some epic parties.

muzzled dogg
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
epic.