PDA

View Full Version : Office Space to Radio: What a Journey

BIG_J
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I would like to say a big Thank-you and add that we have done an AWESOME JOB on this forum for what we have accomplished over the last 3 months.

Many of us look back to early and middle May/June when we had to step-up to the plate and lay 65k on the line so we could increase the space of Ron's offices. Back then, that was a HUGE GOAL; but we did it!

Today we are laying around 400k out there for Ron to use on Radio ads.

We basically raised 7x more money in the same amount of time. We are growing by leaps and bounds, and these ads are going to help us tremendously!

Look how far we've come! Even I didn't think we could grow so fast; while I had it in the back of my mind, that little piece of hope does get thrashed and trashed by the real world.

Congrats everyone on making this one hell of a ride!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

me3
10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
$1 million on 11/5. And it will blow everyone's mind.

JoshLowry
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
That's a great reminder. It seems like just yesterday that they were begging for $54k in a period of ~20 days.

Here is the email:

June 26, 2007

Good news (actually, great news): The Ron Paul 2008 campaign is growing!

Bad news: We’ve run out of space to work.

The Ron Paul 2008 campaign started in the corner of a one-bedroom apartment. It then moved to a small office of 348 square feet, which is where we are now. But our present office has become too small to accommodate the fast-growing campaign...and we need your help to expand.

Our present office is so small that we can't hire the much-needed additional staff for a national campaign. We even have to turn away volunteers because we simply don't have room for them.

Office space in the D.C. area is expensive, and landlords expect tenants to sign at least a three-year lease; preferably a five-year lease. But after we canvassed the area by foot and called numerous leasing agents and watched the local classifieds and checked CraigsList each day, we found a place! It's a sub-lease situation with flexible terms that we just couldn't pass up.

We will have the second floor of a modest, older, two-story building in Arlington, Virginia. It's only two blocks from a Metro station, making it convenient for staff and volunteers. The office is on a busy street; across from a very busy grocery story. Large windows will be perfect for a "Ron Paul 2008" banner! But most importantly, the new office will give us the space to build a national campaign.

However, office space here is expensive regardless of how modest the building is. And most landlords require political campaigns to pay the total rent in advance.

So we need your help.

We plan to move on July 15th. To do so, we will need to give the landlord a check for $54,000.00.

Will you help us write that check?

Enthusiasm for Ron Paul's bid for the presidency grows by the day. Our goal: put Ron Paul in the White House. And we all know why.

Help us write that check. Donate today by going to https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Thank you!

Kent Snyder, Chairman
Ron Paul 2008