PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Ballot Security Questionable

Matt Collins
02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
The ballot security @ CPAC is questionable.

There are two tables that I know of where one can get a ballot for the straw poll. After one is filling out the ballot they get handed back in to the people running the straw poll table. The people running the straw poll table appear to be college interns :(

One guy running one of the tables we noticed appeared to be looking at every Presidential vote before he put it in the box. The box was just an open top plastic tub sitting on the floor in the back of the table. There were times it was left by itself for a few seconds here and there. Many of our people were highly suspect of the way the ballots are being handled by these 'kids'.

Not accusing anyone of anything, I don't think there is some sort of malicious plan here, but for the millions of dollars that are being thrown around here, one would think they could offer a bit more integrity into the balloting system. If someone had a well planned operation and were willing to be less than honest, there would be ways to influence this straw poll through these lackadaisical procedures by finding holes in their procedure, which wouldn't be hard to do.

Jeremy
02-11-2011, 08:06 AM
This is the same thing they've always done, Matt. And Ron Paul won last year. It's just a straw poll, not an election.

Matt Collins
02-11-2011, 08:12 AM
This is the same thing they've always done, Matt. And Ron Paul won last year. It's just a straw poll, not an election.Ahh yes well this is my first time here, and again I realize we are not electing anyone into office. However the integrity of the balloting could indeed be called into question based on some of the things myself and others have seen.