PDA

View Full Version : Do you think other politicians will imitate Ron Paul?

Bloody Holly
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
I see that Obama is now trying to go the grass-roots campaign route as if this "top tier" candidate needs it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/09/obama-kicks-off-grass-roots-campaign-in-iowa/

I wouldn't be surprised if other candidates start to try to pass themselves off as something else to get more support.

idrake
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I'm concerned about the phenomenon that was well expressed in this post about "greenwashing".

http://sirymarketing.blogspot.com/2006/12/greenwashing-new-trend-in-marketing.html

Different topic, but the idea is the same. If every GOP candidate starts talking about the Constitution, real conservative values, and hijacks RP's message in an insincere way then Ron Paul (the real deal) will have a hard time standing out. This worries me.

RJB
06-10-2007, 09:33 AM
If every GOP candidate starts talking about the Constitution, real conservative values, and hijacks RP's message in an insincere way then Ron Paul (the real deal) will have a hard time standing out. This worries me.

I'm counting on the Frudy McRomney as being too much of a megalomaniac to realize this until it's too late. Hopefully by that time it will only make them more ridiculous.

The MSM is looking for flip floppers now. I think that one thing that drives the MSM nuts about Dr. Paul.

purepaloma
06-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Voting records, former speaches, stances, etc will get in the way of being able to duplicate what Ron Paul has done FOR YEARS.

Politicans SAY what they will do, but Ron Paul is a Statesman - he has DONE what he preaches.

I hope RP is able to help reshape ideas - but people will see through to the real source.

joenaab
06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I believe we will see much more of this. Remember, they are professionals at saying what the people want to hear, and they are learning what Americans want to hear and acting accordingly.

Our job is to educate voters on the flip-flopping and the diffeences in voting records, etc.. I think in this next election Americans will enter the voting booth with a higher awareness of what's going on than ever before.

cujothekitten
06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I see that Obama is now trying to go the grass-roots campaign route as if this "top tier" candidate needs it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/09/obama-kicks-off-grass-roots-campaign-in-iowa/

I wouldn't be surprised if other candidates start to try to pass themselves off as something else to get more support.

He's always had a pretty strong grassroots campaign. On his website you can sign up for your own profile and join different groups. It's like a mini myspace and meetup.

I've seen people hitting the streets here long before he was even running.

Bloody Holly
06-10-2007, 10:11 AM
He's always had a pretty strong grassroots campaign. On his website you can sign up for your own profile and join different groups. It's like a mini myspace and meetup.

I've seen people hitting the streets here long before he was even running.

Yeah there was also alot of support a few years back for Osama on myspace using his name. The person behind it all wasn't Osama but Osama ended up getting the myspace page. Do you know about that story?

Ponce
06-10-2007, 10:26 AM
The blood line of a politician is not money or foreign interests but the people and as long as Ron Paul has THE MAYORITY of Americans behind him he will be the elephant in the living room that no one will be able to intimidate.

vertesc
06-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I thought about this too. I'm sure they will try to steal parts of his message... we already saw Giuliani try to hijack the Vietnam point. In the end though, this is all flip-floppery for those candidates. They can't actually reverse their positions on major issues without the MSM noticing. They can start to talk the talk, but if it becomes a core part of their campaign, their voting records will impede them.

In fact, it would be a very GOOD thing if all the candidates started running on RP-imitation platforms. It would guarantee some sort of pressure towards constitutionality in the White House no matter who is elected, even if the pressure is as light as an election promise. And meanwhile, it puts Paul on a very simple message - "you guys can talk the talk, but I'M THE ONLY ONE who has walked the walk."