PDA

View Full Version : Bush’s New ‘Axis of Evil’ by Patrick J. Buchanan

bobbyw24
02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
George W. Bush must have been the despair of the history department of every school his daddy managed to get him into.

Consider his latest excursion into the history of the republic, at Southern Methodist, where the Great Man’s papers are to be housed.

“What’s interesting about our country, if you study history, is that there are some ‘isms’ that occasionally pop up. One is isolationism and its evil twin protectionism and its evil triplet nativism. So if you study the ’20s, for example, there was an American-first policy that said, ‘Who cares what happens in Europe?’ … And there was an immigration policy that I think during this period argued we had too many Jews and too many Italians, therefore we should have no immigrants. And my point is that we’ve been through this kind of period of isolationism, protectionism and nativism. I’m a little concerned that we may be going through the same period. I hope that these ‘isms’ pass.”

Where to begin?

http://buchanan.org/blog/bushs-new-axis-of-evil-4606

jmdrake
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
And to think, I used to not like Pat Buchannan. Good article and thanks for posting it. The only "ism" we need to be worried about is globalism.

bobbyw24
02-11-2011, 07:19 AM
And to think, I used to not like Pat Buchannan. Good article and thanks for posting it. The only "ism" we need to be worried about is globalism.

I know--Pat is very, very good in some areas--like this one