PDA

View Full Version : My Associations with Liars, Bigots, and Murderers by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

bobbyw24
02-11-2011, 06:11 AM
I speak of course of my recent visit to the U.S. House of Representatives to testify at Congressman Ron Paul’s first hearing on the Fed as chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. The Rayburn House Office Building, like most government office buildings in Washington, D.C., is a very creepy place. Knowing that the majority of the congress critters who reside in those offices support the unnecessary wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (and worse), and all the senseless death they have been responsible for, should send chills up any decent person’s spine.

As for the liars and bigots, one of the bigger ones, William Lacy Clay, a congressman from St. Louis who is (unfortunately) a member of the House Financial Services Committee, was in fine form. When he got his turn to question me he first denounced Austrian economics as some kind of fraud because it does not utilize the same positivistic methodology that, say, the Fed economists do. You know, the ones who were completely clueless about both the existence of the housing bubble and what to do once it burst. As Congressman Paul pointed out in the hearing, as late as 2008 Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke was still forecasting an increased pace of economic growth. As seen in a YouTube video entitled "Ben Bernanke was Wrong," as late as mid 2007 Bernanke was assuring the public on CNBC that there was no sub-prime mortgage problem, and that the world economy was in fine shape. "He had no idea what he was talking about," Congressman Paul correctly stated.

ttp://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo201.html

rp08orbust
02-11-2011, 06:14 AM
(URL un-broken) http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo201.html

LOL I don't think we need to worry about Lew Rockwell tracing us back to these forums.

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Hahahaha...nice response from Tom.

lynnf
02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
touche' !!!

way to go, Tom!

matt0611
02-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Good read. Clay is such a hack.

bobbyw24
02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL I don't think we need to worry about Lew Rockwell tracing us back to these forums.

Thanks

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Great response by DiLorenzo. Yea, William Clay is a fucking assjackal.