PDA

View Full Version : This Trump/Paul thing is getting a lot of publicity...

Son of Detroit
02-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Only question is whether or not it is good publicity or bad publicity.

I was just listening to the major Detroit sports radio station, and THEY even played the clip and talked about it. On a SPORTS show. It wasn't a hit piece, they didn't actually even talk about Ron himself, just made fun of Trump.

Do you think the overall publicity coming from this event is good or bad?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-11-2011, 06:08 AM
It is only getting publicity because it is a "Paul can't win" theme. It comes from someone people generally like. (regardless of what they say)

JK/SEA
02-11-2011, 06:20 AM
The Donald...from wikipedia...

Politics

In the 2000 election, Donald Trump considered running for president as a member of the Reform Party. In 2004 and 2008, he speculated about running for President in the Republican party.

In 2011, Trump has made a much more active bid for the presidency, including a speech to a CPAC gathering that is considered a key early Presidential cattle call, and participation in its straw poll for the office.

His known or stated political stances known or stated political stances are as follows:
Pro-life[citation needed]
Anti-gun control[44]
Against Obamacare
Against all tax hikes
Communist China should be treated as an enemy, including subject to large import tariffs [6], [7].
Contributed to Rahm Emanuel's candidacy to be Mayor of Chicago [8]
Has refused to express his position on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars[9].

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 06:27 AM
IT IS BAD.

Now if ROMNEY said that and made a big media stir, then yes, it would be good. If the media stages a fight between Romney and Ron, it would be like the establishment verses the grass roots.

But who cares about this tard Donald Trump?

Romulus
02-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Fuck the Donald... who seriously thinks HE can win?

I don't see it as all bad... it raises awareness and brings us to a challenge..

Southron
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Bad IMO.

TrentEmberson
02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
The Trump thing may not be good, but the shouting down Rumsfeld and Cheney is so good that Trump's comments don't even matter. Lew Rockwell wrote "The Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud" (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/78008.html), and you can bet there are a lot of Obama '08 voters who will remember which team the Cheney hecklers play for. Last year was SFL defending GOProud that caused a stir, this year the same group yells "War Criminal!" at Cheney - disenchanted progressives and independents can't help but take notice of how much ass our people are kicking.

Bruno
02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Good will come of this.

If nothing else, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

sofia
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Trump just sank the USS Ron Paul before Ron even left port. GOP primary voters are sheep and the mantra has already been programmed into their heads..."Ron Paul? A good guy, but he has zero chance."

As a member in good standing of the NorthEast Establishment which hates the Pauls, Trump knew exactly what he was doing with this vicious attack.

sofia
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
The Trump thing may not be good, but the shouting down Rumsfeld and Cheney is so good that Trump's comments don't even matter. Lew Rockwell wrote "The Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud" (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/78008.html), and you can bet there are a lot of Obama '08 voters who will remember which team the Cheney hecklers play for. Last year was SFL defending GOProud that caused a stir, this year the same group yells "War Criminal!" at Cheney - disenchanted progressives and independents can't help but take notice of how much ass our people are kicking.

1. Obama 08 voters dont vote in GOP primaries.
2. Obama 08 voters believe the state should coddle us from cradle to grave.......they'll never join our ranks.

eOs
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgB2jh6uCDU

Chieppa1
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Trump just sank the USS Ron Paul before Ron even left port. GOP primary voters are sheep and the mantra has already been programmed into their heads..."Ron Paul? A good guy, but he has zero chance."

As a member in good standing of the NorthEast Establishment which hates the Pauls, Trump knew exactly what he was doing with this vicious attack.

No, he doesn't. He's just a rich idiot. I live in the NorthEast. Not everyone is an evil genius.

YumYum
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM

You're right! Amy Goodman played the video and announced today on "Democracy Now!" that Ron Paul supporters called Dick Cheney a "war criminal". We will win over more leftists.

juvanya
02-12-2011, 01:51 AM
You know what they say...

__27__
02-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Need an option for "I really don't care."

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6EEXlaaUM&feature=player_embedded#at=33

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Is there a trade-in program to get a Ron Paul 2012 sign for returning my 2008 ones? :P

TheeJoeGlass
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM

I was just listening to the major Detroit sports radio station, and THEY even played the clip and talked about it. On a SPORTS show. It wasn't a hit piece, they didn't actually even talk about Ron himself, just made fun of Trump.

Here in Indiana, much of the same. I think people are going to jump on Donald Trump just because of his name. The station here mentioned that Trump said Paul couldn't win, but then went for the obvious joke of, like he can. They followed that up with hair jokes and moved on. But I really would like to see Donald make peace with Ron. He was wrong for saying that. Attack the people there, not the man that you claim to like.

QueenB4Liberty
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
1. Obama 08 voters dont vote in GOP primaries.
2. Obama 08 voters believe the state should coddle us from cradle to grave.......they'll never join our ranks.

Nice generalization.

TNforPaul45
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM

It gets publicity only because certain elements of the Conservative elite hope that Ron and Trump duke it out and tear each other down in a swirl of negativity while they quietly slide Romney in.

TroySmith
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
It's an overall good thing. A lot of the elections is a name recognition contest and that helps Paul. Also, I think it will "awaken" lots of people to see just how bias the media is towards ron paul. The distrust of msm is at an all time high already.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Trump does this sort of thing to get attention. Do you remember the thing between him and Rosie O'Donnell a few years back?

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 08:39 PM
You should add 'irrelevant and we should stop wasting time on it and extending his 15 minutes of fame'

I'd vote for that one.

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Trump does this sort of thing to get attention. Do you remember the thing between him and Rosie O'Donnell a few years back?

I disagree that Ron in any way benefits by being in a war with Bozo the Clown. Ron is way above that level.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I disagree that Ron in any way benefits by being in a war with Bozo the Clown. Ron is way above that level.
I completely agree. Name recognition will NOT be a problem this time around.

dbill27
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Americans love an underdog with spirit. I think this is a good thing