PDA

View Full Version : Tell rabble-rousers to simmer down and hush up!

devil21
02-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Im not at CPAC but if I was, you can bet that I would directly tell any "annoying" Paul supporter to simmer down because they are hurting all we have been working toward. If you're at CPAC and you see someone misbehaving (in direct violation of RP's wishes, no less) say something to them about what they're doing. Let them know they aren't helping the good Dr and that RP requested everyone be respectful. Let them know that the media is already loving the few idiots in our camp that are giving them fodder to trash us. Don't be afraid to set them straight!

__27__
02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
"Shut up and know your place mundanes. Your dissent is not welcome here."

And you wonder why people are fed up to the point of shouting? Even amongst those who supposedly believe in individual freedom they are told they have to toe the line so they can possibly win the game their masters own. Stand up for yourself, stand up for your beliefs, if you piss off a few Toby Kieth's along the way are you really going to cry about it?

A crowd chanting USA USA USA at the sight of Darth Cheney wouldn't support your freedom if you crawled across the floor and licked their hands.

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 02:21 AM
To me its not about "bowing to the masters", its about setting an example for Liberty.

Like Ron said, the only constitution many of them will ever read is the constitution of our character.

hotbrownsauce
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Everyone needs to read my signature before they go making fools of all of us.

notsure
02-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Isn't it called the Conservative Political ACTION Conference??

Action defined:

ac·tion
   /ˈękʃən/ Show Spelled[ak-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. the process or state of acting or of being active:
2. something done or performed; act; deed.
3. an act that one consciously wills and that may be characterized by physical or mental activity:
4. actions, habitual or usual acts; conduct:
5. energetic activity: a man of action.
6. an exertion of power or force:
7. effect or influence

Action theory is an area in philosophy concerned with theories about the processes causing intentional (willful) human bodily movements of more or less complex kind.

In sociology, social action refers to an act which takes into account the actions and reactions of individuals (or 'agents'). According to Max Weber, "an Action is 'social' if the acting individual takes account of the behavior of others and is thereby oriented in its course" (Secher 1962).

devil21
02-11-2011, 02:51 AM
I figured there would be a couple replies along the lines of "I can do what I want!" (Does that tell us who the idiots of CPAC are?)
That's all fine and dandy but I get real irritated watching people PISS AWAY what myself, and many, many others, have been working toward these last few years. We've started to be accepted by the establishment voters and people want to turn them off the first chance we get? I don't care what the Party organization thinks of us but I do care what the VOTERS think because let's face it, they care more about appearances than we do and if people act like idiots every chance they get, these people we're trying to win over will just shut us out on principle. They do have principles too sometimes, even if their principles are petty. You have the right to be an idiot but I also have the right to kick your ass for single-handedly pissing away what I've tried to build.

notsure
02-11-2011, 03:03 AM
I figured there would be a couple replies along the lines of "I can do what I want!" (Does that tell us who the idiots of CPAC are?)
That's all fine and dandy but I get real irritated watching people PISS AWAY what myself, and many, many others, have been working toward these last few years. We've started to be accepted by the establishment voters and people want to turn them off the first chance we get? I don't care what the Party organization thinks of us but I do care what the VOTERS think because let's face it, they care more about appearances than we do and if people act like idiots every chance they get, these people we're trying to win over will just shut us out on principle. They do have principles too sometimes, even if their principles are petty. You have the right to be an idiot but I also have the right to kick your ass for single-handedly pissing away what I've tried to build.

You weren't even there and you want to control the dissidence, that's mighty Libertarian of you.
You don't want people getting in your way, then why are you trying to get in others' way.
Devil21 tell me, what exactly were they doing? You didn't mention any specific incident or anything. Tell me what are the "crazy supporters" doing? Because I didn't go to CPAC either, so I only have the same account as you. Is there a video or something of what you're talking about?

devil21
02-11-2011, 03:10 AM
You weren't even there and you want to control the dissidence, that's mighty Libertarian of you.
You don't want people getting in your way, then why are you trying to get in others' way.
Devil21 tell me, what exactly were they doing? You didn't mention any specific incident or anything. Tell me what are the "crazy supporters" doing? Because I didn't go to CPAC either, so I only have the same account as you. Is there a video or something of what you're talking about?

How many videos of Paul supporters yelling during speeches do I need to watch to know what's going on? How many news articles do I need to read? How many posts and threads on conservative websites trashing the entire movement because of a few people that can't be respectful? I don't need to be there to know what's going on. It's right here on RPF and all over the net. Read the gd forum dude! My inbox has a shitload of Yahoo news alerts with Ron Paul as keywords and 9/10 of them are about the yelling during speeches, which is what RON PAUL SPECIFICALLY ASKED PEOPLE NOT TO DO. People yelled during Trump's speech, they yelled during Cheney's appearance and Rumsfeld's appearance, did a walkout, etc. Then we wonder why Donald Trump says Ron Paul can't win? Look, no one should be yelling crap like "War criminal" during an appearance by Cheney. CPAC is NOT the time or the place.

The media successfully damaged RP's 2008 campaign by focusing on his supporters. Are we going to prove Einstein's definition of insanity to be true?

notsure
02-11-2011, 03:26 AM
How many videos of Paul supporters yelling during speeches do I need to watch to know what's going on? How many news articles do I need to read? How many posts and threads on conservative websites trashing the entire movement because of a few people that can't be respectful? I don't need to be there to know what's going on. It's right here on RPF and all over the net. Read the gd forum dude! My inbox has a shitload of Yahoo news alerts with Ron Paul as keywords and 9/10 of them are about the yelling during speeches, which is what RON PAUL SPECIFICALLY ASKED PEOPLE NOT TO DO. People yelled during Trump's speech, they yelled during Cheney's appearance and Rumsfeld's appearance, did a walkout, etc. Then we wonder why Donald Trump says Ron Paul can't win? Look, no one should be yelling crap like "War criminal" during an appearance by Cheney. CPAC is NOT the time or the place.

You need to propose just 1 good example. Because I knew you would say the Donald Trump thing and Rumsfeld and CHeney thing.
1. Donald Trump said he didn't know who to support for 2012. He said he wished for a fantastic candidate. All some supporters said was "Ron Paul", 1 time. Then Trump eggs them on. Isn't that what we're at CPAC for? You would just sit back while someone stood on the conservative soapbox and says RP isn't electable. He just told all those people that they were wasting their time.
2. Donald Rumsfeld was being awarded the Defender of the Constitution Award???? You support that?
That's a slap in the face for Liberty activists. I commend the "rabblerousers" for having the courage to speak up against these criminals.

These rise to actions seem just to me.

These people are not "your" Ron Paul supporters. They're just people who happen to support Ron Paul.

notsure
02-11-2011, 03:28 AM
And I don't care what Donald Trump says. The man is a joke.

devil21
02-11-2011, 03:43 AM
I did propose one example. There's no reason to yell anything during Cheney's appearance. What more examples do you need? CPAC isn't the time or place and Im wondering why you're advocating ignoring Ron Paul's request? Regardless of what I think, Ron Paul asked not to do this sort of stuff so in reality you're opposing Ron Paul's request, not mine. Im just defending what he said. It had merit.

notsure
02-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Because I believe in freedom of speech. And, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are wrong. They deserve to be put in their place and exposed for the things that they've done.

raiha
02-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Ha I thought you were referring to the revolutionaries in Tahrir Square.

notsure
02-11-2011, 03:50 AM
And because you're trying broadly label RP supporters, which i just don't think is right.

devil21
02-11-2011, 03:59 AM
And because you're trying broadly label RP supporters, which i just don't think is right.

We seem to be doing a pretty good job of that ourselves so far, with no let up in sight. Bottom line, Ron Paul asked everyone to be respectful. If you think it's ok to ignore that then I see why there's people yelling. I'm not saying I have a problem with people calling out the likes of Cheney and Rummy but CPAC, where we are trying to build inroads with other "conservatives", is not the place to shout down some of their golden cows. That's counterproductive. And if you respect Ron Paul then I don't see why anyone wouldn't respect his wishes to be respectful to other speakers and guests.

eta: I mostly got sidetracked on this thread. My whole point was that if you happen to be sitting next to someone that feels it's appropriate to ignore the Dr's request and yell and whatnot, remind them of his request and how it just gives ammo to the media to smear us. That's all I was saying.

Cap
02-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Bullcrap, we were challenged the minute they decided to give Rummy the award.

Bern
02-11-2011, 06:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9z3Gu9IfhU

RM918
02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
People going to CPAC are there to try to take back the Republican Party, not to give Cheney and Rumsfeld what they deserve. If you disagree with that then you shouldn't have gone to CPAC to begin with.

Romulus
02-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Who said that is was even a RP supporter who yelled 'war criminal'. It could've been anyone.. even cointel. Just saying.

dean.engelhardt
02-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Lets bush up and be respectful. Like Adam Kokesh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCT36wUAH48

driller80545
02-11-2011, 08:13 AM
What? RP advocates civil disobedience. Says it is necessary for freedom. Why would he possibly disapprove of walking out on American Terrorists?

Matt Collins
02-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Im not at CPAC but if I was, you can bet that I would directly tell any "annoying" Paul supporter to simmer down because they are hurting all we have been working toward. If you're at CPAC and you see someone misbehaving (in direct violation of RP's wishes, no less) say something to them about what they're doing. Let them know they aren't helping the good Dr and that RP requested everyone be respectful. Let them know that the media is already loving the few idiots in our camp that are giving them fodder to trash us. Don't be afraid to set them straight!
It's not really quite that simple. Very few people were sitting together, they only let people into the room when seats were opening up. So we were scattered and the hall is huge so it is hard to tell who is where and who is yelling what. So in order to tell someone who is heckling to siddown and shuddup, one would have to most likely yell across the ballroom themselves thus defeating the point of telling the other people to shuddup.

I think some people may have honestly not gotten the memo, but then I think others either don't care or can't control themsleves (which I understand, being in the same room as some of those scumbags gave me urges to do things that I really shouldn't discuss, but maturity is being able to control one's urges).

Matt Collins
02-11-2011, 08:21 AM
A crowd chanting USA USA USA at the sight of Darth Cheney wouldn't support your freedom if you crawled across the floor and licked their hands.No, the "USA USA USA" chant is a tactic that the neocons use to drown out dissent. When someone starts saying something, or when they begin to lose control of the room they start that chant to try and get the focus back onto whatever it is they were trying to focus on previously.

It's a scummy "patriotic" tactic and nothing else. It rubs me wrong and reminds me of the old statement "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

YumYum
02-11-2011, 08:22 AM
People going to CPAC are there to try to take back the Republican Party, not to give Cheney and Rumsfeld what they deserve. If you disagree with that then you shouldn't have gone to CPAC to begin with.

So what are you saying? We can't scream "rape!" in a whorehouse??

Inflation
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Ha I thought you were referring to the revolutionaries in Tahrir Square.

I thought OP was referring to the rude, obnoxious people who disrupted the sacred decorum of our nation's Town Hall meetings with their Congressmen.

Darn those Town Hallers, shouting down INVITED Congressmen just because they don't like ObamaCare. Why did they have to flood into our nice, quiet Tea Party movement?

This is worse than the time that Ron Paul quit politics forever, because his supporters threw a snowball at that nice Mr. Hannity fellow!

/bluenose
/finger wagging

MelissaCato
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
YeeeHawwww Ron Paul 2012 !!!!

trey4sports
02-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Are you serious? If you're not there please don't talk.

Donald Trump was smug and BROUGHT THIS ON HIMSELF. I didnt see the Rummy thing, so i cant say anthing about that. But unless you're at CPAC, please hold your criticism. On the whole, Ron Paul supporters have been very respectful and WERE WINNING! All the energy and grassroots support is for Ron and Gary (yes, Garys crew is working their ASS OFF)

amy31416
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I thought the OP was quoting Cheney...

MelissaCato
02-11-2011, 05:31 PM
No, the "USA USA USA" chant is a tactic that the neocons use to drown out dissent. When someone starts saying something, or when they begin to lose control of the room they start that chant to try and get the focus back onto whatever it is they were trying to focus on previously.

It's a scummy "patriotic" tactic and nothing else. It rubs me wrong and reminds me of the old statement "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

Ya, what you said here is what went down with Rumsfeld. The USA chanting. LOL Good post, because it's so true.

Captain Shays
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Because I believe in freedom of speech. And, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are wrong. They deserve to be put in their place and exposed for the things that they've done.

Then go up to a member of the Hell's Angels and call him a pussy in the name of free speech. There is a time, a place and we must choose our battlefield well. What you guys did yesterday hurt ALL of us. You hurt my efforts for the past 6 years in promoting Ron Paul and yes I said 6. This just didn't start or end with his bid for the White House in 07. It's my life. EVERY DAY I am out there promoting Ron Paul and what we and he stand for and you guys put me in a league with those who just about every TV and radio station are focusing on as immature, uncouth, out of control "those Ron Paul supporters" (said with a tone of scorn). Gee thanks.

Listen Bro. I KNOW how you fee.l We ALL know how you feel. We have ALL been marginalized. We have ALL been lied about. Our hero has been lied about and marginalized and made out to be a kook. We have been ignored, laughed at, discounted and put down.
We have seen the dirty tricks the media play. We have seen them lie about poll and debate results. WHY would you want to give them more ammo?

We all get energized when they try to keep us down or ignore us or lie about us and our candidate but we also need to put a damper on the "911 was an inside job" segment of our troupe. Not that many of us don't question the government's official story but because the hooks are already in. The powers control the media and one shot of one of us shouting out something stupid at the wrong time and we lost a significant amount of ground. We don't have the luxury of positive media attention. They are out to get us and Ron Paul. We know it but they don't think we know it because some of us say stuff like "I believe in free speech" so they blurt out things at the wrong time and the wrong place and wind up hurting those they love (Ron Paul).

Just tell your friends to be cool from now on.

devil21
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Are you serious? If you're not there please don't talk.

Donald Trump was smug and BROUGHT THIS ON HIMSELF. I didnt see the Rummy thing, so i cant say anthing about that. But unless you're at CPAC, please hold your criticism. On the whole, Ron Paul supporters have been very respectful and WERE WINNING! All the energy and grassroots support is for Ron and Gary (yes, Garys crew is working their ASS OFF)

Your point is taken, however I am seeing what the media is putting out about us, as opposed to sitting there and enjoying what Im sure is 99% of supporters being respectful. It's always the few that can't control themselves (or just like attention, which I think is the real issue) that get the attention of the media and paint us all as being like those few. It's the truth. I just don't see the point of giving them ammo against us while ignoring RP's own request. I don't doubt that the vast majority of supporters are being respectful. But if you happen to sit next to that one guy that feels he can do whatever he wants then please have the decency the inform that person as to what their conduct does to the rest of us.

eta: btw, today's coverage has been much more positive. See what happens when we don't cause unnecessary drama?

silentshout
02-11-2011, 05:55 PM
No, the "USA USA USA" chant is a tactic that the neocons use to drown out dissent. When someone starts saying something, or when they begin to lose control of the room they start that chant to try and get the focus back onto whatever it is they were trying to focus on previously.

Yes, it makes me sick. It's creepy.

silentshout
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Honestly, people are hand-wringing because some people walked out of a speech and said a few things that some would consider rude? Geez. I think Cheney deserved a shoe to the head, but of course, that wouldn't be peaceful dissent and I could see why people would be livid about that, lol.
Walking out of a speech, though, is peaceful dissent. Sure, maybe people shouldn't have yelled, but, meh. Then again, I come here from the left so maybe I just don't get it.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, you loud mouths are doing it wrong.

Supposed to do it like this:

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/McCain_supporters.jpg

That'll get ya respect...

Southron
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Sure, maybe people shouldn't have yelled, but, meh. Then again, I come here from the left so maybe I just don't get it.

That may be the difference, where you came from a left perspective. Left leaning college students are known for shouting down speakers at colleges, but I think now that what is done is done.

I think most of us who were concerned initially were concerned with how it would affect Ron Paul. If people want to shout or curse or be unruly, there is really nothing I can do about it when I'm not present. So follow your conscience and I'll follow mine and maybe we can find some middle ground.

vita3
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Fair post Rifleman.

dannno
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM

I'll make you a deal..

specsaregood was highly against all of this bad behavior before it happened.. then he watched it happen, watched the media reaction and decided 'fuck it' and is now fine with the rabble rousing. If you can convince him to go back to his original position, I'll re-think all this.

Personally, I don't see how you're going to stop it. There's going to be a small group of people there who don't read these threads, didn't read Ron Paul's email, and they are going out act out, and nobody who reads this thread will be around to ask them to stop. It's inevitable. If there are more people doing it, then it adds to the emotion and the credibility of the few who are doing it. By more people participating, it makes those who are doing it actually seem less fringe, if you think about it.