PDA

View Full Version : After seeing trumps comments on ron paul

BrianHandeland
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
After seeing all the regular republican base laughing along with him and obviously casting Ron Paul out I don't see how we can get him the nomination. We have got to prove to the majority of republicans that Ron Paul is the man we NEED and if we don't get him we will NOT vote republican come 2012. I don't know how this can be done, but somehow we have to brainstorm an idea that will prove to the republican base that the libertarians will not be supporting the conservatives with votes or our checkbooks anymore if they don't give our guy a shot ONE time. There will be no Ron 2016 run. This is it. Ron is the only one of us with enough name recognition as well as proven and perfect voting record to ever get the nomination. I love Gary Johnson as much as the rest of you but it will take us years to ever get him enough name recognition to receive the nomination. Its Ron 2012 .... or its Gary 2028..... if we work our ass off...... Lets get Ideas STARTED to get into the republicans heads that if they don't have us they will lose.

TXcarlosTX
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Ron Paul 2012 to educate. GOP picks a party hack. Obama wins. Rand Paul 2016. Rand wins!!!

RonPaulCult
02-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Remain calm.

People are judging Ron's chances in 2012 based on 2008. It's not 2008. In 2011 Ron Paul is polling at around 8%. Back in 2007 he was polling at close to zero percent. Back then, nobody knew him. Now, he's very well known. Back then, he was just a lowly congressman who never won a big contest. Today, he is the father of the tea party movement, a movement that sent his son to the Senate.

What Ron Paul gained in the debates during the 2008 election was recognition. What he stands to gain in the debates this time around is enough votes to win. He has the record and the ideas that most Republicans want. Don't let the hardcore neo-cons fool you (and by hardcore - I mean the ones who show up to CPAC). We can reach the average voter.

Agorism
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Win now

TheeJoeGlass
02-10-2011, 10:37 PM
ron paul 2012 to educate. Gop picks a party hack. Obama wins. Rand paul 2016. Rand wins!!!

ftw!

Flash
02-10-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't think Ron Paul will win, but I think there's more important things than winning. Ron Paul could educate millions and inspire more liberty candidates to run for Congress, State legislature, Governor, or whatnot. Ron Paul will end his Presidential campaign being MORE Influential than he is now.

ChrisDixon
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Somehow, I think Ron Paul has a better shot at telling Obama "You're fired" than Donald Trump. But that's just me.

brandon
02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
We were up against much much worse in 2007 and he still came close to winning Iowa. There is more hope than there has ever been.

BrianHandeland
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I 100 percent agree with you flash. Just as he did in 08. He surely has inspired many already. I will be happy if ron runs and gets to educate even more people. But I feel like ron already can do that if he wants to. Hes ron 'FN paul ... I dont think anyone will be able to not invite him to the debates this time around. All republicans have met a ron paul fan by now and hopefully an intelligent conversation with them. I just don't wanna waste such an awesome opportunity. I know it'll be great know matter what But it would be so much better if we could pull off a win. Im just tired of the mockery of one of the greatest men to ever step foot in Washington.

heavenlyboy34
02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Remain calm.

People are judging Ron's chances in 2012 based on 2008. It's not 2008. In 2011 Ron Paul is polling at around 8%. Back in 2007 he was polling at close to zero percent. Back then, nobody knew him. Now, he's very well known. Back then, he was just a lowly congressman who never won a big contest. Today, he is the father of the tea party movement, a movement that sent his son to the Senate.

What Ron Paul gained in the debates during the 2008 election was recognition. What he stands to gain in the debates this time around is enough votes to win. He has the record and the ideas that most Republicans want. Don't let the hardcore neo-cons fool you (and by hardcore - I mean the ones who show up to CPAC). We can reach the average voter.

I would add that Ron's warnings/predictions he made during the presidential debates about the economy and the war have come true almost to a tee, which lends credibility to his claims. He can have a "see I told you so" heyday! JMHO.

MikeStanart
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Ron Paul 2012 to educate. GOP picks a party hack. Obama wins. Rand Paul 2016. Rand wins!!!

I'm game for this. I wonder if this was the plan all along?

Reason
02-10-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFRIop098Y

specsaregood
02-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I would add that Ron's warnings/predictions he made during the presidential debates about the economy and the war have come true almost to a tee, which lends credibility to his claims. He can have a "see I told you so" heyday! JMHO.

Yeah, vs. Romney's claims of "One state recession" lol at the debate on the economy no less.

We are way ahead of where we were in 2007.