PDA

View Full Version : Egypt, according to those admonishing the behavior of Paul supporters at cpac.

boethius27
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
I find it annoying that everyone is all up in arms because some RP supporters actually called out Cheney in public and walked out. Good for them for having guts to say things that need to be said.

To everyone criticizing them: do you think the people in Egypt should sit down, be respectful and not call the tyrant Mubarak bad names? Why then should we sit down, be respectful and not call Cheney names?

Original_Intent
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I agree with you. It is kind of funny to see the central planners of the Ron Paul movement get in a huff when the unwashed masses won't conform to what they think is best. There were people freaking out about the V for Vendetta connection to the November 5th moneybomb, too.

Flash
02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
It boils down to this:
In Egypt the majority of the population is against Mubarak. In America a fringe minority support Ron Paul. We need more Ron Paul supporters and many of us feel shouting at Trump isn't the best way to win people over. Remember when RP supporters showed up to Giuliani rallies JUST to shout at Giuliani? It's similar to that.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
It boils down to this:
In Egypt the majority of the population is against Mubarak. In America a fringe minority support Ron Paul. We need more Ron Paul supporters and many of us feel shouting at Trump isn't the best way to win people over. Remember when RP supporters showed up to Giuliani rallies JUST to shout at Giuliani? It's similar to that.

That is not the case, according to many sources.

A couple hundred thousand people is nothing near a majority in a nation of 80 million people

Most people in Egypt are vested in the system as it stands right now, just like people here.

Most people in Egypt will be dragged along to freedom, some kicking and screaming, just like here.

boethius27
02-10-2011, 10:51 PM
And yeah, I understand it might not be the best way to go about doing things, but not everyone feels that way. Hence the non-centrally planned movement. Even if it isn't a move endorsed by Ron, well, that's the nature of people.

And I agree that shouting at Trump isn't a grand idea. But perhaps shouting at Cheney is? Dunno, not up to me to decide. Or anyone on this board.