PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul may very will win New Hampshire

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul may very will win New Hampshire

Who would have every thought even 3 months ago that Ron Paul could win any state, let alone one of the early states that matter most. 10/2/07 Real Clear Politics released their newest New Hampshire poll. Ron Paul received 10% among moderates and 6% among republicans. It is important to note that 40% of voters in New Hampshire are registered independent. Ron Paul has slowly been showing he is gaining support in New Hampshire (as well as the country). He went from 3.7 to 6.0 in New Hampshire in a month. That is an an amazing gain if he can keep up this rate of gain he will be polling almost 16% in polls in New Hampshire by early December. Nobody really knows what date the New Hampshire primary will actually fall on.

read the rest here (http://www.politicallore.com/?p=61)

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I assume this is talking about those polls that sometimes leave him out to cut his numbers down right?

Thats great news though. I'm hoping the votes divide up between Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, McCain, and Thompson enough so that with Ron Paul having all of the anti-war vote he can come out on top.

But if its a 6 way race, and in my opinion it is, then that means Paul only needs a mere 17 or 18% to win possibly!

And if 70% of all Americans are actually against the war enough to vote for someone against it, that means roughly 20% of the people voting will be going to Paul perhaps!

(70% - democrat 50%= 20% anti-war republican left over)

Those two things really give me hope that Paul really can pull this off. I mean both of those numbers are like best case scenarios but still somewhat real even if they aren't quite that good.

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
The more all the other candidates fight and disperse the vote the more a 10% showing by Ron Paul will matter...
This only works in an early state... and once it works the word will spread like nothing else. Everybody will want to be part of the Revolution!
but of course fox news will report a Ron Paul supporter hacked into the voting system...

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
but isnt' the problem that the independents CAN'T VOTE!!! They changed it at the last minute... so all those independents are now lost to us.. that was the whole issue for pulling this shenanigans.. It is republican only.

PMatt
10-22-2007, 09:38 PM
If the primary is held on December 11, a win would be huge. With nearly a month until Iowa, think of all the media attention.

hopeforamerica
10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
but isnt' the problem that the independents CAN'T VOTE!!! They changed it at the last minute... so all those independents are now lost to us.. that was the whole issue for pulling this shenanigans.. It is republican only.

No independents can still vote in NH, it's NY where they cannot. It's been stated a few times here.

LibertyOfOne
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
There is a lot of pro Ron Paul media up in New Hampshire thanks to the freestate project. There are radio shows up there that mention his name every day in a positive light.

AgentPaul001
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Winning New Hampshire would be huge for the campaign and I personally think its where the campaign will win or fail.

Iowa and South Carolina could go well, but NH is in my opinion the jumping board to the presidency and its where the campaign seems to be putting most of its effort into :)

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
I am a resident of New Hampshire and will very much enjoy standing out in front of my towns town hall the day of the election.

freedominnumbers
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Does the original post infer that Ron is getting 6% of republican votes PLUS 10% of independant?

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-22-2007, 09:45 PM
If paul doesn't win NH, he doesn't win the presidency.

Pray for NH.

PMatt
10-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Does the original post infer that Ron is getting 6% of republican votes PLUS 10% of independant?

Yes, it says he is polling 6% among republicans and 10% among moderates.

Hook
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM

That is correct.

brumans
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
I agree.. we need to focus on New Hampshire A LOT, more than any other state. This is the single most important thing we can do for the campaign.

We need more grassroots chip-ins for New Hampshire!!!!

PMatt
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
When will we find out if they moved the date to December 11 (and how likely is it)? I'm praying that they did move it.

brumans
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
When will we find out if they moved the date to December 11 (and how likely is it)? I'm praying that they did move it.

Early November

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM

New Hampshire is loving the press so they may hold out on you ;)

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I love Ron Paul

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Favorite the site!

Politicallore
10-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Bump...
want you all to read this

austin356
10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I assume this is talking about those polls that sometimes leave him out to cut his numbers down right?

Thats great news though. I'm hoping the votes divide up between Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, McCain, and Thompson enough so that with Ron Paul having all of the anti-war vote he can come out on top.

But if its a 6 way race, and in my opinion it is, then that means Paul only needs a mere 17 or 18% to win possibly!

And if 70% of all Americans are actually against the war enough to vote for someone against it, that means roughly 20% of the people voting will be going to Paul perhaps!

(70% - democrat 50%= 20% anti-war republican left over)

Those two things really give me hope that Paul really can pull this off. I mean both of those numbers are like best case scenarios but still somewhat real even if they aren't quite that good.

Yes, but your a little off here. It would mean 40% of those voting oppose the war.

20% of 50% is 40%.

But then you have to lower expectations for turnout since primaries usually attract party loyalists more than independents.

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 12:01 AM
well, what is the grassroots doing there? What is the focus? What is the plan?

I think chipins are cool, but I haven't seen much besides the efforst of Skiingf's and Max's ads for New Hampshire... and they ain't from NH.. so I want to know what is NH doing for themselves so we can get on board with them... in addition to what is currently brewing..

Thomas_Paine
10-23-2007, 12:05 AM
If you are able to take part, consider moving to NH to promote Dr. Paul and the message of liberty. http://www.pledgebank.com/movetonh, join the Live Free or Die Project: http://www.seattleliberty.com/FAQ.html

austin356
10-23-2007, 12:18 AM

comeon' Xar you know better than that.

NH has always been open to Indies and that never changed.

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
comeon' Xar you know better than that.

NH has always been open to Indies and that never changed.

I thought there was a ton of hoopla a week or so back that they closed it off to Independents and will only allow republicans.. I thought that was all the hoopla - they did it on the sly.. I guess that was NY, they did that with.

So then we must get the independents to vote....

foofighter20x
10-23-2007, 01:12 AM

No. To be honest, the only thing they may have done is moved up the filing period for the candidates that wanted to appear on the ballot to potentially give them some breathing room on the date they set their primary.

The NH law has always been that you have to be registered GOP or Independent on or before the Friday before candidate filing beings to vote GOP in the primary. It was just an missed look on our part. To be honest, we weren't paying attention to the state laws and almost got caught by surprise.

As to cutting independent voters out: they didn't cut out the independents in NH. When they vote, they can still pick a party and are given some sort of party ticket. If they don't want to remain in the GOP once they are done voting, they simple return the ticket to the election officials when they are done.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
No. To be honest, the only thing they may have done is moved up the filing period for the candidates that wanted to appear on the ballot to potentially give them some breathing room on the date they set their primary.

The NH law has always been that you have to be registered GOP or Independent on or before the Friday before candidate filing beings to vote GOP in the primary. It was just an missed look on our part. To be honest, we weren't paying attention to the state laws and almost got caught by surprise.

As to cutting independent voters out: they didn't cut out the independents in NH. When they vote, they can still pick a party and are given some sort of party ticket. If they don't want to remain in the GOP once they are done voting, they simple return the ticket to the election officials when they are done.

correct

but hey you guys thinking otherwise sure did spread the word

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
well, what is the grassroots doing there? What is the focus? What is the plan?

I think chipins are cool, but I haven't seen much besides the efforst of Skiingf's and Max's ads for New Hampshire... and they ain't from NH.. so I want to know what is NH doing for themselves so we can get on board with them... in addition to what is currently brewing..

Well I currently living in maine, but I am a resident of NH... I was thinking of setting something up with my website... Like a chip in for something??? Because I am still very close to the border and can always travel and stay at my house in NH (i am in maine for school)
any ideas?

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I thought there was a ton of hoopla a week or so back that they closed it off to Independents and will only allow republicans.. I thought that was all the hoopla - they did it on the sly.. I guess that was NY, they did that with.

Yes, there was a ton of hoopla and with much of the hooplas, there was no fact to it. NY did not change its law either. There are a lot of political newbies who don't understand the process with their heads filled with baseless conspiracies all telling each other the same (wrong) things.

werdd
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
so can independents vote for ron paul in nh for the primaries?

parke
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM

I called the offices. Independents dont have to register to vote in the primary. If you are a Democrat and wanting to vote for Paul you had to change party affiliation to do so.

Promise.

AgentPaul001
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
If Ron Paul can get 20%+ of the vote, that could be enough for a victory and NH is where the campaign will make or break.

I think a December Victory would be huge for the campaign.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
so can independents vote for ron paul in nh for the primaries?

Yes they can... as long as they are actually registered independent

yes, i did answer your question even though you hate me... and want to get rid of me....

werdd
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
lol, i thought you were a bot sorry mate

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
lol, i thought you were a bot sorry mate

well at least I am a bot supporting Ron Paul! haha, but I am glad you changed your mind about me ;)

subscribe to my website if you really are sorry ;)

Chrispy
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
If the primaries are held in early December, I'd put my money on RP taking it with 30% of the vote at leased.

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Independents (myself included) make up 44% of the electorate in NH!

You're darned RIGHT we can vote, or there'd be a revolt! LOL.

JM

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM

JM

haha, love this

if that were the case I would have to use my second amendment right... haha

brumans
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM

JM

I hope you're doing a lot there. New Hampshire is make or break for the campaign.

Nash
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM

I believe they closed it to democrats in New Hampshire. In the past I think dems could get a republican ballot if they asked for it and now they cannot. Independents can get any ballot they want though.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope you're doing a lot there. New Hampshire is make or break for the campaign.

I want to get people together from surrounding dates to come stand at poll places the day of election

I could possible put up a few supporters if traveling far

LibertyEagle
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I believe they closed it to democrats in New Hampshire. In the past I think dems could get a republican ballot if they asked for it and now they cannot. Independents can get any ballot they want though.

That is right. Undeclareds and Republicans can vote in the Republican primary. We're ok. We just have to pour on the steam in New Hampshire. There is a lot of campaigning to do.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
That is right. Undeclareds and Republicans can vote in the Republican primary. We're ok. We just have to pour on the steam in New Hampshire. There is a lot of campaigning to do.

Lots and lots!
But the really great thing about New Hampshire... people are open to ideas... people listen... and if pat can win NH Ron can too!

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Check out the donations map - we're bankrolling this thing. ;)

No, but seriously, you should drive down any highway in this state - Only Paul and DK have any signs up to speak of, but we didn't do the DK signs. :)

You know what we are probably lacking though... It seems to me that a lot of NHite's (myself included for sure) are so introverted, that we just can't bring ourselves to bang on doors or do cold-calling. Man, we could SERIOUSLY use some help there!

JM

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
But the really great thing about New Hampshire... people are open to ideas... people listen... and if pat can win NH Ron can too!

Absolutely!

I gotta tell ya - I've been heavy into politics my whole life (Guh! I was born in NH) and that Buch thing struck me out of left field. I still have an image frozen in my head of the moment I heard that. LOL.

JM

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Absolutely!

I gotta tell ya - I've been heavy into politics my whole life (Guh! I was born in NH) and that Buch thing struck me out of left field. I still have an image frozen in my head of the moment I heard that. LOL.

JM

Live free or die....

;)

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
bump

aph
10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
isn't it possible to coordinate NH phone banks across the country?

Each local meetup group could be assigned a few precincts, and do phone canvassing every day.

It would be fun, and wouldn't require everyone to travel all the way to NH!

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 04:32 PM
isn't it possible to coordinate NH phone banks across the country?

Each local meetup group could be assigned a few precincts, and do phone canvassing every day.

It would be fun, and wouldn't require everyone to travel all the way to NH!

It would be possible... and it is a good idea.
I just hate calling people and I know others agree
there is nothing like talking to a person one on one, or one on five about Ron Paul

aph
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I hate it too, but it is more productive for those of us who don't live nearby.

I've done a lot of phone banking for other campaigns, and it feels good to go through a sheet of registered voters and talk to all of them.

it could be made fun if it were a combined with a social event.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I hate it too, but it is more productive for those of us who don't live nearby.

I've done a lot of phone banking for other campaigns, and it feels good to go through a sheet of registered voters and talk to all of them.

it could be made fun if it were a combined with a social event.

That would be fun... but then I would want to fly away from nh to join you guys...

Hahah

aph
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
That would be fun... but then I would want to fly away from nh to join you guys...

Hahah

I'm sure the RP parties in NH will be better.

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
lol

then thats why you should fly here :)

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
bump :D

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
bump

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 11:08 PM
bump (my last?)

Politicallore
10-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Ok this is the last time I promise...
But somebody else could always bump this...
Make sure you guys digg it!