PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 10, 2011 06:08 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/78008.html

At the CPAC meeting, when everyone was supposed to salute blood-drenched authoritarians Cheney and Rumsfeld, the Ron Paul libertarians refused, and walked out. One young man asked, “Where’s bin Laden?” The red-state fascist contingent chanted, as usual, “USA! USA!” by which they mean, “Federal Government! Federal Government!” Notice that the liberal Deomocratic website TPM is bugged by the opposition to Cheney-Rumsfeld. In the Beltway, forget pretend splits: they all love the State. Except the Ron Paulians, that is.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 07:59 PM
So Lew Rockwell is basically applauding Ron Paul supporters for not respecting Ron Paul's personal request for them to keep their act professional and respectable. I'm not surprised. Rockwell is an abrasive and distasteful guy; no wonder other libertarian organizations distance themselves from him.

driller80545
02-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Fukit, they should have made a citizens arrest!

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Lew Rockwell doesn't vote.

Guitarzan
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
haha...lew always has a way of brightening my day.

William R
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Lew Rockwell needs to shut up. Ron Paul requested that people be respectful and here's Lew cheering on their chicken shit behavior.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
What a joke. It'd be better to lose the straw poll than have people there under Ron Paul's banner who can't behave like adults.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Lew Rockwell needs to shut up. Ron Paul requested that people be respectful and here's Lew cheering on their chicken shit behavior.

This ^^^

William R
02-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Punk kids and they hurt Ron Paul and his message.

driller80545
02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
I am sorry, but I have no respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. The very idea makes me sick. Being quiet will not get these peoples approval. They will never approve unless Ron promises them a multi billion dollar military contract or something. Then he will be a great guy. Are you willing to go that far?

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I am sorry, but I have no respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. The very idea makes me sick. Being quiet will not get these peoples approval. They will never approve unless Ron promises them a multi billion dollar military contract or something. Then he will be a great guy. Are you willing to go that far?

Straw man. We just want people to be polite so the people there who are not yet convinced by Ron will at least be willing to listen to him rather than be so turned off they refuse to have anything to do with us.

Guitarzan
02-10-2011, 08:15 PM
What a joke. It'd be better to lose the straw poll than have people there under Ron Paul's banner who can't behave like adults.

Many of them aren't adults. But Ron's got the huge advantage of the youth, and with all that passion and energy, you take the good with the bad.

Forget the media and their meme...Paulians are a force to be reckoned with, and if these neocons and envious liberals want to whine and cry about a few hecklers, let em.

Gaius1981

It's not so much about getting their approval, as it is about not completely repulsing them by acting like Code Pink. Many of the people in attendance are Tea Partiers that might be persuaded to vote in favor of Ron Paul, as long as he seems like a respectable and credible candidate. Many will judge him by the actions of his supporters.

Corto_Maltese
Fukit, they should have made a citizens arrest!

+1

RonPaulFanInGA
02-10-2011, 08:16 PM

Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events, and that only Ron Paul felt compelled to send out a letter asking supporters to mind their manners?

Did Mitt Romney need to tell his supporters not to act like fools? Why not?

driller80545
02-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events, and that only Ron Paul felt compelled to send out a letter asking supporters to mind their manners?

But they are fools - they support Mitt Romney!

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 08:19 PM

No.

I'm a grown man, with a lot to lose.

I wish I had been there.

I'd have been proud to stand with them.

And I stayed out of this entire argument so as not to appear as "egging on" while not even being there.

I'll NEVER be embarrassed to stand next to a passionate lover of freedom, EVER.

torchbearer
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM

mitten's jingoist don't need to act like fools, the msm does that for them.

sratiug
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
So Lew Rockwell is basically applauding Ron Paul supporters for not respecting Ron Paul's personal request for them to keep their act professional and respectable. I'm not surprised. Rockwell is an abrasive and distasteful guy; no wonder other libertarian organizations distance themselves from him.

I refrained from posting about the Rumsfeld protests before it happened. Now I'll say what I think. Ron Paul covered himself a little by advising against the protest. That's fine. And so is the protest imo. The neocons paint us as weak. Fighting them shows that we are not afraid of them. It is time to declare this election a War on Neoconism.

Ron Paul we all hope becomes president because he believes in freedom. Freedom is essential because consolidation of power is a weakness. It is very possible imo that this action of individuals will prove to be a large net bonus for us in the end.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Because they LOVES them some Cheney and Rumsfield!

I know what you mean, but the comparison isn't exactly there....

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I refrained from posting about the Rumsfeld protests before it happened. Now I'll say what I think. Ron Paul covered himself a little by advising against the protest. That's fine. And so is the protest imo. The neocons paint us as weak. Fighting them shows that we are not afraid of them. It is time to declare this election a War on Neoconism.

Ron Paul we all hope becomes president because he believes in freedom. Freedom is essential because consolidation of power is a weakness. It is very possible imo that this action of individuals will prove to be a large net bonus for us in the end.

true neocons are very very few. WE WERE BEATING THEM and hopefully still will. They need the others on their side, and now are the 'injured party.' Whatever. I'm going to stay off the threads because there is nothing we can do at this point, anyhow, and I do think it was intentional, the way the speakers were stacked. I mean, come on!

Justinjj1
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM

The only chicken shit behavior, is when the so-called "libertarians" sat on their hands or applauded those war-criminals in order to be polite.

eOs
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Props to all the people who made a statement when Rummy received a Defender of the Constitution award. And for all those that didn't like it, you gotta take the good and the bad when it comes to freedom. Not everyone can sit idle as they get metaphorically slapped in the face. Kudos to you guys though.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:49 PM
The only chicken shit behavior is, the so-called "libertarians" who sat on their hands or applauded those war-criminals in order to be polite.

That would be none. They all left before he came in. THAT was also reported by the press, and that we have no problem with.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Judging by many of the posts here, the Ron Paul movement would be well advised to arrange educational events on public relations and professional campaigning in general. Some basic things that are self-evident to most adults, seem to be hard to comprehend by many here. Yelling out "Ron Paul" while acting like a brat only serves to ruin his "brand," so to speak. Especially when it takes place at a high-profile event that's watched by most of the people whose vote you'll need in the primaries. Having some basic dignity goes a long way.

__27__
02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
No.

I wish I had been there.

And I stayed out of this entire argument so as not to appear as "egging on" while not even being there.

Thank you AF.

Captain Shays
02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Many of them aren't adults. But Ron's got the huge advantage of the youth, and with all that passion and energy, you take the good with the bad.

Forget the media and their meme...Paulians are a force to be reckoned with, and if these neocons and envious liberals want to whine and cry about a few hecklers, let em.

Well there you have it. The one's who are acting like children and not respecting the wishes of Ron Paul...are children

__27__
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Judging by many of the posts here, the Ron Paul movement would be well advised to arrange educational events on public relations and professional campaigning in general. Some basic things that are self-evident to most adults, seem to be hard to comprehend by many here. Yelling out "Ron Paul" while acting like a brat only serves to ruin his "brand," so to speak. Especially when it takes place at a high-profile event that's watched by most of the people whose vote you'll need in the primaries. Having some basic dignity goes a long way.

You'll notice that some of those who were interviewed after speaking up were members of IAVAW. Im sorry but those two are directly responsible for the brothers we lost. So when you have a family member who has been killed and the person who was responsible for it is getting an award Ill be the first one standing there telling you that you have to be polite and respect him.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Here's a visual representation of a a Ron Paul supporter and Donald Rumsfeld at CPAC, only with more love. The basic appearance and demeanor is the same. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdJ9wdqHM4A

erowe1
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't see any reason we should feel obligated to go along with the narrative that the rude people were Ron Paul supporters.

Cap
02-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I am sorry, but I have no respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. The very idea makes me sick. Being quiet will not get these peoples approval. They will never approve unless Ron promises them a multi billion dollar military contract or something. Then he will be a great guy. Are you willing to go that far?This!

Fox McCloud
02-10-2011, 09:36 PM
this is one area I disagree a bit with Ron on. I really don't see how just walking out is unprofessional, especially when a hawkish neocon is given the "Defense of the Constitution" award...yelling, screaming, and making a rukus? Sure, definitely unprofessional, but just walking out? Eh, I don't personally see it that way, but that's me.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
It's pretty much a question of whether you want to...

1) Think strategically for the long-term, consider the big picture, stay rational and level-headed, and respect Ron Paul's request.

2) Make an emotional outburst for immediate gratification, consequences be damned.

I'd say that number 1 is the "Ron Paul approach" while number 2 is the "Lew Rockwell approach."

Agorism
02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't think screaming at Sean Hannity hurt us last time. Paul himself always stayed above the fray as he should, but people protesting was never a problem.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/2831231658_474b44df82.jpg

I can see more people voting for Romney though out of anti-Paul sentiment. There will probably be enough people to defeat Paul if they all combine together. Hopefully not though.

erowe1
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
this is one area I disagree a bit with Ron on. I really don't see how just walking out is unprofessional, especially when a hawkish neocon is given the "Defense of the Constitution" award...yelling, screaming, and making a rukus? Sure, definitely unprofessional, but just walking out? Eh, I don't personally see it that way, but that's me.

I agree. If somebody merely left, and did it in a way that didn't disrupt the speech for the rest of the audience, that's not so bad. It was the rowdy ones who cast a bad light on whatever movement they thought they were representing.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Well there you have it. The one's who are acting like children and not respecting the wishes of Ron Paul...are children

Not that I consider it nonsense, by any means, but:

"That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Not that I consider it nonsense, by any means, but:

"That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Let's just have a crazy drunken dance party instead of running a professional presidential campaign, when the time comes. The voters should tolerate our nonsense and vote for us regardless of our behaviour.

roho76
02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Are we not desperate?

__27__
02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Let's just have a crazy drunken dance party instead of running a professional presidential campaign, when the time comes. The voters should tolerate our nonsense and vote for us regardless of our behaviour.

Lets just start a war and get millions of people killed. When they give us an award for it the sheep should just shut up and respect our power.

Agorism
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
They booed Paul when he won last time, and they will do the same this time if he wins.

Just saying.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM

What presidential campaign?

When has Ron announced his run?

Did I miss something?

torchbearer
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Lets just start a war and get millions of people killed. When they give us an award for it the sheep should just shut up and respect our power.

now you are learning!

silentshout
02-10-2011, 09:51 PM

^^

wowabunga
02-10-2011, 09:51 PM
The red-state fascist contingent chanted, as usual, “USA! USA!” by which they mean, “Federal Government! Federal Government!”

They cheer USA USA USA
They get back Big Government, Big Government repeated.

Is "Big Government" the best shout down.... any suggestions ?

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM

No, no, not at all.

Everything is cool, just got a couple of little political issues to iron out.

Nothing that can't be accomplished through the system.

Relax, it's all good.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM

The emotional outbursts which you are promoting are completely irrational, if your goal is for Ron Paul to win an election. If you don't care at all about him, then fine, go act like a hooligan as long as you don't present yourself as his supporter.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
What presidential campaign?

When has Ron announced his run?

Did I miss something?

I guess you don't see the value of ever investing in anything, ever planting a seed, etc. It doesn't give you immediate gratification, so why bother, right? You don't think we should invest at all in the possibility that Ron Paul might run for President?

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM

I'm getting old and fat and full of aches, pains and ailments caused by a lifetime of hard living.

And I'll still take my place out in the street with a bunch of hell raisers, if that's what it comes down to, than to sit on my hands and quietly swallow my bile and my pride to put up with that shit and play the polished, greasy game of "politics".

It's probably a good thing I don't show up to such events.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I guess you don't see the value of ever investing in anything, ever planting a seed, etc. It doesn't give you immediate gratification, so why bother, right? You don't think we should invest at all in the possibility that Ron Paul might run for President?

Nah, never...

What's 1981 in your username?

Maybe the year you were born?

If so, just to give you an idea, I was already out supporting myself and already in the fight in 1981.

Please don't talk to me about long term investment...

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Nah, never...

What's 1981 in your username?

Maybe the year you were born?

If so, just to give you an idea, I was already out supporting myself and already in the fight in 1981.

Please don't talk to me about long term investment...

Yet judging by your comments, you don't see any value in promoting Ron Paul as a respectable candidate, and improving his brand, because he hasn't announced a Presidential campaign yet. That's an error in rational long-term investment. Your age is irrelevant.

heavenlyboy34
02-10-2011, 10:08 PM

That's a very poor narrative summary. Lew's comment was a broad and complimentary one about the general anit-establishment/anti-neocon attitude of Paulian libertarians. He didn't specifically condone the folks who "misbehaved" (as it were). Leading up to CPAC, I didn't notice anything on LRC encouraging such behavior either. It seems you're reading too much into this and that you have a bias against Lew.

dannno
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM

Is it possible that Ron Paul expected it to happen no matter what, and he just made the statement so the media couldn't say he was promoting it? Maybe Ron Paul doesn't give a shit, or maybe he is happy they did it anyway. He still needs to act professional. His support base needs to get excited.

Distinguished Gentleman
02-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm one of the more utilitarian people on this board, and I still don't think this is a long term big deal.

Yes its true that even the liberals who respect the hecklers will gleefully vote against us later on. Then again, I think the Cheney crowd,which mostly exists in the beltway, would gleefully vote against us no matter how "respectful" we are. Dick Cheney had a 13% approval when he left office, and failed to turn an 08 Mississippi Congressional seat even after visiting. Are we going to start kissing up to Dan Quayle next?

CPAC will scarcely be discussed again a week from now. Everybody have fun and tip your waitress.

driller80545
02-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Civil disobedience

TheeJoeGlass
02-10-2011, 10:25 PM

The behaviour today was fantastic. Stop saying that this hurt Ron Paul. It did not. Liberals love showing Cheney looking stupid.

TheeJoeGlass
02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Is it possible that Ron Paul expected it to happen no matter what, and he just made the statement so the media couldn't say he was promoting it? Maybe Ron Paul doesn't give a shit, or maybe he is happy they did it anyway. He still needs to act professional. His support base needs to get excited.

Total agreement.

specsaregood
02-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Indeed. I bet Ron frowned then smiled when he heard about it. I've reversed my opinion. Bring on the hecklers, let your voices be heard.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
The behaviour today was fantastic. Stop saying that this hurt Ron Paul. It did not. Liberals love showing Cheney looking stupid.

I wasn't comparing today's events to a "drunken dance party." That quote was in response to Anti Federalist's apparent opinion that good conduct doesn't matter when promoting Ron Paul, because the thing about freedom is that our nonsense should be tolerated by the electorate. :)

In any case though, appealing to Liberals is something which should be done after winning the Republican primaries, not before.

bunklocoempire
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Disciplining your own kids instead of blaming someone else’s kids should be praised.

Sure it's a little uncomfortable when someone justifiably spanks their kids in church or a grocery store -but at least they're doing it.

Some folks discipline their kids in front of people, some take their kids out of sight and do it -and some do both.

The USA chanters are spoiling their kids.;)

Bunkloco

brandon
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Fuck yea. LRC is this shit. Wish someone brought some snowballs in with them. No respect for war criminals and mass murderers.

brandon
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
If the rest of the "professional" Ron Paul supporters joined in the booing it probably would have been enough to drowned out teh "USA" chants.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Yet judging by your comments, you don't see any value in promoting Ron Paul as a respectable candidate, and improving his brand, because he hasn't announced a Presidential campaign yet. That's an error in rational long-term investment. Your age is irrelevant.

Yes, it is relevant, because you are making the assumption that I cannot understand the value of long term action and investment.

I am in favor of promoting Ron Paul's ideas, as he himself has said a million times, is the real purpose of all this.

Cheney and Rumsfeld are people in direct and deadly contradiction of those ideas.

They should be refuted, loudly and boldly.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes, it is relevant, because you are making the assumption that I cannot understand the value of long term action and investment.

I am in favor of promoting Ron Paul's ideas, as he himself has said a million times, is the real purpose of all this.

Cheney and Rumsfeld are people in direct and deadly contradiction of those ideas.

They should be refuted, loudly and boldly.

I hear you. I took mainly issue with your disregard for good conduct at strategically important events such as CPAC, when basically representing Ron Paul to primary voters. If you're an anarchist that doesn't care about the political process, public relations, and winning elections, your statements all make sense.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I hear you. I took mainly issue with your disregard for good conduct at strategically important events such as CPAC, when basically representing Ron Paul to primary voters. If you're an anarchist that doesn't care about the political process, public relations, and winning elections, your statements all make sense.

LoL at anarchist...sheesh.

No, I'm not an "anarchist" although the philosophy is interesting and I'm generally supportive of the anarchist members here.

I'm nothing more than a simple, rough man, who despises the greasy dissimulation of politics, who sees my country and home in real danger and that real action is needed to save it, and feels that it is ridiculous on the face of it to not voice your opinion at a political function.

If not there, where?

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM

^^THIS

Don't be scared boys and girls this is a REVOLUTION...a little bit of booing, truth telling and flag waiving never hurt anybody.

There is a reason Romney supporters or McCain supporters or Bush supporters or Rumsfeld guys or Huckabee fans don't act like this..they don't know what they are fighting for. Thankfully we do..now sure it might be best if we were professionals at this political game..but we are not.

I mean seriously look at the name of the event The CONSERVATIVE POLITICAL ACTION CONFERENCE..We are the opposition in a failing country that was once great.

I dunno guys..I don't agree with acting like a complete idiot..but I think many people are WAY over reacting.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I guess we're all supposed to act like this...

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/McCain_supporters.jpg

^^THIS

Don't be scared boys and girls this is a REVOLUTION...a little bit of booing, truth telling and flag waiving never hurt anybody.

There is a reason Romney supporters or McCain supporters or Bush supporters or Rumsfeld guys or Huckabee fans don't act like this..they don't know what they are fighting for. Thankfully we do..now sure it might be best if we were professionals at this political game..but we are not.

I mean seriously look at the name of the event The CONSERVATIVE POLITICAL ACTION CONFERENCE..We are the opposition in a failing country that was once great.

I dunno guys..I don't agree with acting like a complete idiot..but I think many people are WAY over reacting.

driller80545
02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I guess we're all supposed to act like this...

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/McCain_supporters.jpg

Now that was a good one!

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Now that was a good one!

Yeah..those guys are sure changing things for the better.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 11:15 PM

No, I'm not an "anarchist" although the philosophy is interesting and I'm generally supportive of the anarchist members here.

I'm nothing more than a simple, rough man, who despises the greasy dissimulation of politics, who sees my country and home in real danger and that real action is needed to save it, and feels that it is ridiculous on the face of it to not voice your opinion at a political function.

If not there, where?

I didn't mean 'anarchist' as an insult; I know there's many of them here, and I often feel inclined towards anarchism myself. It would be the ideal, after all, if it would work. In any case, as it's likely that Ron Paul may run for president again this year, and as CPAC is filled with thousands of the most politically active conservatives that will influence the Republican primaries, it's in our self-interest to honor Ron Paul's request and act professionally and respectfully both there and at similar political events leading up to the primaries. Yelling at (neo)conservative politicians we disagree with, and calling for their impeachment, etc., may be emotionally gratifying, but ultimately it doesn't serve our political self-interest as long as we can be identified as Ron Paul supporters while doing it. It generates poor public relations, and alienates the Tea Party conservatives we want to support Ron in the primaries. We should find other venues to vent our frustrations, or rather direct them exclusively towards the left until after the primaries. :)

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I didn't mean 'anarchist' as an insult; I know there's many of them here, and I often feel inclined towards anarchism myself. It would be the ideal, after all, if it would work. In any case, as it's likely that Ron Paul may run for president again this year, and as CPAC is filled with thousands of the most politically active conservatives that will influence the Republican primaries, it's in our self-interest to honor Ron Paul's request and act professionally and respectfully both there and at similar political events leading up to the primaries. Yelling at politicians we disagree with, and calling for their impeachment, etc., may be emotionally gratifying, but ultimately it doesn't serve our political self-interest as long as we can be identified as Ron Paul supporters while doing it. It generates poor public relations, and alienates the Tea Party conservatives we want to support Ron in the primaries. We should find other venues to vent our frustrations, or rather direct them exclusively towards the left until after the primaries. :)

I'll concede your point that CPAC is filled with people that would be necessary to win a GOP primary.

I'll let it be about how beneficial that would be in the long term, if even possible to achieve. A Cheney supporting war hawk neo-con I think will never "see the light".

And repeat once again, that's it's probably, no, definitely, a good thing I don't normally show up for stuff like this. ;)

Cowlesy
02-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Good times.

And speciallyblend......you're my hero dude.

I think that's the extent to which I should post tonight.

Gaius1981
02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
I'll concede your point that CPAC is filled with people that would be necessary to win a GOP primary.

I'll let it be about how beneficial that would be in the long term, if even possible to achieve. A Cheney supporting war hawk neo-con I think will never "see the light".

And repeat once again, that's it's probably, no, definitely, a good thing I don't normally show up for stuff like this. ;)

Chuck Norris can dress up in a suit, have a good time, win over neoconservatives and make them giggle with pleasure. Look at the image and be inspired! This is what we should want to be like at every political event leading up to the primaries. ;)

http://therightsideofaustin.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/chuch-norris-rick-perry.jpeg?w=500&h=432

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Good times.

And speciallyblend......you're my hero dude.

I think that's the extent to which I should post tonight.

Weigh in please.

I'm really curious!

And what did Kenny do?

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Chuck's an actor.

Stands to reason he'd be good at such things.

:p

Chuck Norris can dress up in a suit, have a good time, win over neoconservatives and make them giggle with pleasure. Look at the image and be inspired! This is what we should want to be like at every political event leading up to the primaries. ;)

http://therightsideofaustin.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/chuch-norris-rick-perry.jpeg?w=500&h=432

Cowlesy
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Weigh in please.

I'm really curious!

And what did Kenny do?

He's just a fun guy --- as are the whole crew like joshlowry/jdmyprez/caseyjones/ronpaulhawaii/kotin/malkusm/mrocked/yieu/natalie/tkubs/shemdiggity/ and the list goes on and on.

Good times!!

William R
02-10-2011, 11:47 PM
The only chicken shit behavior, is when the so-called "libertarians" sat on their hands or applauded those war-criminals in order to be polite.

Shut up kid. Ron Paul asked that people be respectful. Are you so dense you don't understand what that means??

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 11:49 PM
He's just a fun guy --- as are the whole crew like joshlowry/jdmyprez/caseyjones/ronpaulhawaii/kotin/malkusm/mrocked/yieu/natalie/tkubs/shemdiggity/ and the list goes on and on.

Good times!!

I'm thousands of miles away in the middle of nowhere, but there in spirit.

Tell everybody Anti Fed says "hey"!

Cowlesy
02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.rathergood.com/mark

:)

libertybrewcity
02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9LE7J5gu0

__27__
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Shut up kid. Ron Paul asked that people be respectful. Are you so dense you don't understand what that means??

I'm not sure what it means to you, but generally acting respectful to me means having a civil discourse, not making posts filled with personal attacks and little to no relevance.

William R
02-11-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure what it means to you, but generally acting respectful to me means having a civil discourse, not making posts filled with personal attacks and little to no relevance.

Paul not hitting back at The Donald

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49296.html

emazur
02-11-2011, 12:11 AM
So when U.S. diplomats walk out during an Iran president's speech (http://www.politico.com/blogs/laurarozen/0910/US_Europeans_walk_out_of_Ahmadinejad_UNGA_speech.h tml), it's OK, but when people walk out from an arch Neocon's speech, that's bad?

libertybrewcity
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
They booed Paul when he won last time, and they will do the same this time if he wins.

Just saying.

not if we pack the hall before hand.

__27__
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Paul not hitting back at The Donald

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49296.html

And that is like you telling people to "Shut up kid" and "You are so dense" how? Practice what you preach.

RideTheDirt
02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm glad they treated them like the scum they are.

JoshLowry
02-11-2011, 12:59 AM

Just saying.

Indeed. The tables have turned.

Now the fake defender of the constitution is getting booed. Anybody watch the 2007 debates to see the real defender get booed? The tea party may be co-opted again but by the election of Rand if he hasn't already...

The crowd was electric in person. It felt right. I know the media puts their spin on it. But the status quo got an in person message that we are growing and not going away.

Only read to this post so far but I think its time to be bold. It was a good time to show a peaceful but loud resistance imo. It shouldn't be overdone but next to impossible to control.

It is disrespectful but the crowd is full of volunteers and probably some people who would like to cause a scene for other purposes. A few shouts are expected but Donald Trump took a good whack at a beehive. Way to instantly make a few million enemies while trying to promote yourself.

Kregisen
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgyi57s-A4

"Desperate times require what? DRASTIC MEASURES YES!!! WHO SAID THAT?!?!?!?!?"

__27__
02-11-2011, 01:33 AM
LO FRIKKIN L!

Masters degree in communication??? Just goes to show how good state run education is, pay your tuition and show up for class and we'll give you a degree in anything. I almost feel bad for the guy.

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Thanks you Ron Paul kids! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278811-Fox-News-Ron-Paul-Supporters-Walk-Out-of-Rumsfeld-Tribute&p=3104128#post3104128)

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 01:37 AM

that's right.

angelatc
02-11-2011, 01:40 AM

Just saying.

SO, start chanting USA USA!

vita3
02-11-2011, 02:10 AM
"No.

I wish I had been there.

I'll NEVER be embarrassed to stand next to a passionate lover of freedom, EVER. "

+100

ClayTrainor
02-11-2011, 02:47 AM
This is awesome!

sluggo
02-11-2011, 04:31 AM
At first I think about how rude it was to heckle Dick and Rummy.

Then I think about how many kids get their arms and legs blown off everyday because of their lies.

bobbyw24
02-11-2011, 05:53 AM
So Lew Rockwell is basically applauding Ron Paul supporters for not respecting Ron Paul's personal request for them to keep their act professional and respectable.

Exactly! He is not helping anything with this piece

RonPaulFanInGA
02-11-2011, 05:57 AM
I can see more people voting for Romney though out of anti-Paul sentiment. There will probably be enough people to defeat Paul if they all combine together. Hopefully not though.

This is exactly my worry. Paul is expected to finish first and Romney a "strong second." Some of the Ron Paul "supporters" are probably turning so many people off that the non-Paul/Romney supporters might get together and all vote Romney just to deny Paul.

Because they LOVES them some Cheney and Rumsfield!

I know what you mean, but the comparison isn't exactly there....

These neoconservatives don't like Ron Paul but as far as it's known: they haven't heckled Ron Paul. Wonder how many people here would be going crazy if Ron Paul was heavily booed by Romney supporters and they yelled "isolationist" or whatever at him.

No.

I wish I had been there.

:rolleyes:

It's tiring to see people compare this meaningless, idiotic behavior to something revolutionary. It's not. It's not becoming a minute man during the revolutionary war to fight for independence. It's not a mass protest for civil rights. It's a small group of people booing and yelling things that make the others in the room roll their eyes.

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 10, 2011 06:08 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/78008.html

At the CPAC meeting, when everyone was supposed to salute blood-drenched authoritarians Cheney and Rumsfeld, the Ron Paul libertarians refused, and walked out. One young man asked, “Where’s bin Laden?” The red-state fascist contingent chanted, as usual, “USA! USA!” by which they mean, “Federal Government! Federal Government!” Notice that the liberal Deomocratic website TPM is bugged by the opposition to Cheney-Rumsfeld. In the Beltway, forget pretend splits: they all love the State. Except the Ron Paulians, that is.

As to the USA chants, whe should have counter chanted something like:
Fascism, Fascism!
Corporate State, Corporate State!
Police State, Police State!

or something like that....

Cap
02-11-2011, 06:07 AM
The message had to be sent to the neocons. We are not your typical brainwashed mundanes. We have been paying attention.

Romulus
02-11-2011, 06:56 AM
I don't see any reason we should feel obligated to go along with the narrative that the rude people were Ron Paul supporters.

+rep

EXACTLY. Talk about ASSumptions and jumping to conclusions.

Feeding the Abscess
02-11-2011, 07:19 AM
At first I think about how rude it was to heckle Dick and Rummy.

Then I think about how many kids get their arms and legs blown off everyday because of their lies.

+1776

NewRightLibertarian
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Lew is great. He runs the best blog on the internet. I like him because you know he's a guy who will never betray the cause.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 08:17 AM
It's tiring to see people compare this meaningless, idiotic behavior to something revolutionary. It's not. It's not becoming a minute man during the revolutionary war to fight for independence. It's not a mass protest for civil rights. It's a small group of people booing and yelling things that make the others in the room roll their eyes.

+1

angelatc
02-11-2011, 08:35 AM
So when U.S. diplomats walk out during an Iran president's speech (http://www.politico.com/blogs/laurarozen/0910/US_Europeans_walk_out_of_Ahmadinejad_UNGA_speech.h tml), it's OK, but when people walk out from an arch Neocon's speech, that's bad?

Did the diplomats heckle the speaker? That's the difference.

angelatc
02-11-2011, 08:42 AM

And the boorish behavior wasn't limited to the Trump and Cheney speeches. Apparently even the people speaking in the CFL event were interrupted with random shout outs. This was written by a Paul supporter who was there: "
Tonight (and yes, I realize it was the C4L sponsored event), there were at least a few people who stepped beyond polite behavior. One young man—when anyone’s name was mentioned that he didn’t like, would yell “_________ sucks.” Maybe ______________does “suck”, but these explosive outbursts are the very thing that the media wants to jump on as indicative of a whole movement, and they color those of us who want very much to make a difference with a brush than engenders distrust by others." http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2011/02/cpac-day-1.html

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
:rolleyes:

+1

I think you expressed my thoughts exactly.

parke
02-11-2011, 08:45 AM
F*CK both of those asshats. They are lucky that all they heard was a few heckles! It may not have been respectful, but then again, how much blood is on those criminals hands? I think Paul supporters did as good as they could given Rummy came on right after Rand.

Sola_Fide
02-11-2011, 08:46 AM
And the boorish behavior wasn't limited to the Trump and Cheney speeches. Apparently even the people speaking in the CFL event were interrupted with random shout outs. This was written by a Paul supporter who was there: "

Yes, I was really disturbed by that post too.

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM

I stayed out of it too because I did not want to be an instigator against Dr. Paul's wishes. But this is all Ron Paul. He is the Rabble Rouser in Chief. He is smart, honest, consistent, outspoken, and nobody's puppet. If he runs for president, we are going to have to make some serious noise to win because the establishment wants nothing to do with truth. Play nice and finish last.

Mrs.Joe
02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Walking out on people that have done as much as those two have was the BEST thing these guys could have done. If not there would have been tons more catcalls and more to piss everyone off. They did the right thing and I for one am proud of them, they made their point and remained very civil while doing so.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If he runs for president, we are going to have to make some serious noise to win because the establishment wants nothing to do with truth. Play nice and finish last.

This kind of behavior is guaranteed to result in fewer people supporting Ron Paul. For those interested in accomplishing anything, there are no benefits to be gotten from this. We have to win people over, and we have to be polite, calm, intelligent, professional, clean cut, and integrated into broader conservative and Republican circles to do that.

Andrew-Austin
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM

He is so abrasive Ron Paul continues to be friends with him, go on his podcast, post articles on his blog, etc.

Punk kids and they hurt Ron Paul and his message.

Prove it. Don't just say it, prove it.

The lot of you get all dreamy reminiscing how in the 1700s tax collectors were tarred and feathered, today you hiss and boo at people who hiss and boo at war criminals.

I wasn't there mind you, just seems to me all of this fear is overdone.

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM

This kind of behavior is guaranteed to result in fewer people supporting Ron Paul. For those interested in accomplishing anything, there are no benefits to be gotten from this. We have to win people over, and we have to be polite, calm, intelligent, professional, clean cut, and integrated into broader conservative and Republican circles to do that.

If you think that the media will portray Ron Paul as Presidential, then where have you been? The media is OWNED by the elite. They want nothing to do with honesty. They are working day and night to expand central bank's counterfeiting powers world-wide. Ron Paul is a thorn in their side, and some of the rest of us are willing to push it deeper. I'm sorta like a tiger, I don't fit your mold.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
If you think that the media will portray Ron Paul as Presidential, then where have you been? The media is OWNED by the elite. They want nothing to do with honesty. They are working day and night to expand central bank's counterfeiting powers world-wide. Ron Paul is a thorn in their side, and some of the rest of us are willing to push it deeper. I'm sorta like a tiger, I don't fit your mold.

I didn't mention the media. What I said was that that kind of rude unprofessional behavior from people who identify themselves as Ron Paul supporters decreases the level of support he will get. And that is a true and undeniable fact.

We don't just rely on the media. We rely on all of us as real flesh and blood people getting out there among other real flesh and blood people and talking to them and representing Ron Paul's candidacy and ideas in positive ways. We need to do that in our local Republican parties, local tea party groups, and large functions like CPAC. We need to make it impossible for these people we meet to conclude that we're all a bunch of shabby belligerent clowns. When members of our movement actually are shabby belligerent clowns, we fail at that. Many of us have been doing this since 2007, and those of us who have know first-hand that it works. We've also seen others adopting the clown strategy since then, and we know first hand that they turn people off. It's that simple.

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
The bigger picture is that the powers-that-be own us. They will not give up that power without a fight. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

I didn't mention the media.
The elite pick the president just like they have for most of the last 225 years. The media tells us who it is. If Ron Paul runs for president again, he will not be able to win in a traditional manner because they want nothing to do with his message or honesty.

What I said was that that kind of rude unprofessional behavior from people who identify themselves as Ron Paul supporters decreases the level of support he will get.

This is exactly why I stayed out of it until after the fact. But people around the world are tired of tyranny, and herding cats is a fruitless way to spend time.

And that is a true and undeniable fact. We'll see ... time will tell.

I will not be advocating for incivility, but I expect it nonetheless.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
We'll see ... time will tell.

Many of us have already seen. Time has already told. The days of experimenting with this are behind us.

I understand and sympathize with your pessimism about how the deck is stacked against us. But people need to decide whether or not they think pursuing political means of improving things is prudent or not. If it is, then they need to go about that in a politically prudent way. If they don't, then they need to distance themselves from Ron Paul, because he's taking the political approach. For now, so am I.

If I reach the point of cynicism to where I give up on that, and if I decide to go to political events to make symbolic gestures of opposing the state by way of disrupting a speech that others have a right to listen to, then when a reporter comes up to me to ask me about my behavior and what my motivations are, I'll say, "I am not a Ron Paul supporter. Ron Paul is a conservative who wants to work within the political system. I'm an anarchist who has given up on that."

driller80545
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I have also been here since 07 and from what I can see it is the polite, professional door to door grassroots way of campaigning that is not getting us anywhere. The way to get a RP elected is on tv. I am sorry that this is the way it is, but it is the way it is. Maybe a few patriots exhibiting that they are fed up will start a surge among the people which might get on tv. If not then you are looking at another 8 to 10 percent again. In the meantime, keep up the good work - both sides!

erowe1
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I have also been here since 07 and from what I can see it is the polite, professional door to door grassroots way of campaigning that is not getting us anywhere.

But when you say "here," you mean "here at my computer being an internet activist." When I say "here," I mean "here in the real world, doing stuff that matters."

Sure, TV matters. Grassroots also matters. And door-to-door canvassing is definitely a part of that. There's no shortcut. And there's no way to win without local, face-to-face, grassroots campaigning.

driller80545
02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
But when you say "here," you mean "here at my computer being an internet activist." When I say "here," I mean "here in the real world, doing stuff that matters."

When I say here, I mean making and passing out signs, attending my meetup group, talking everyday to people trying to get them to see the shape the country is in. I also contributed more money than I could afford and got into hot water with the wife because of that. I intend to do so again. I would also like to see a little better return on my investment of time and money and I don't see your (working from the inside) way as reaping much return. A little here and there, yes, but I want more. I am old and don't have time to wait 20 years for something good to change. I have been active politically since Vietnam. That is before computers, jerk.

Southron
02-11-2011, 11:39 AM
The people that are rude are probably indeed those who have given up on politics and I sometimes wonder if they are actively working to make sure their prophecies are fulfilled.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
When I say here, I mean making and passing out signs, attending my meetup group, talking everyday to people trying to get them to see the shape the country is in. I also contributed more money than I could afford and got into hot water with the wife because of that. I intend to do so again. I would also like to see a little better return on my investment of time and money and I don't see your (working from the inside) way as reaping much return. A little here and there, yes, but I want more. I am old and don't have time to wait 20 years for something good to change. I have been active politically since Vietnam. That is before computers, jerk.

Sorry for prejudging you. I shouldn't have said that. But you're definitely wrong about that stuff not working. There's not some easy way to do this. It takes about one man-hour of work to win over a single vote. We can't just dabble with that without putting forth the required time and effort and then say it doesn't work. And we can't try to come up with some contrarian trick to win this campaign on the TV by doing anything and everything to call attention to ourselves no matter how negative it is. If we want to do something to shape the TV narrative in a positive way, we have to do it the hard way from the grassroots up. There's no other option.

Travlyr
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
I am old and don't have time to wait 20 years for something good to change.
Same here ... I'm getting antsy.

dean.engelhardt
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Polite and hushed work well in Egypt right?

erowe1
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Polite and hushed work well in Egypt right?

The different contexts are important.

If you want to emulate what happened in Egypt, go ahead. I can't say I blame you. Just, please, don't pretend that in doing so you are in any way acting as a Ron Paul supporter. Maybe we will need to give up on working within our political system and support something more overtly revolutionary at some point. But we can't mix both of those things together. It's one or the other.

driller80545
02-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry for prejudging you. I shouldn't have said that. But you're definitely wrong about that stuff not working. There's not some easy way to do this. It takes about one man-hour of work to win over a single vote. We can't just dabble with that without putting forth the required time and effort and then say it doesn't work. And we can't try to come up with some contrarian trick to win this campaign on the TV by doing anything and everything to call attention to ourselves no matter how negative it is. If we want to do something to shape the TV narrative in a positive way, we have to do it the hard way from the grassroots up. There's no other option.

We are on the same side here. I apologize for forgetting that momentarily!

jclay2
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I am a little perplexed by this. Why are we so mad about these "ron paul kids" and not mentioning a word about the evil's of Rumsfeld and Cheney? It seems to me that every thing said to them was absolutely justified. When you are dealing with the evils perpetrated by Rumsfeld and Cheny, to me, the standards for politeness can be considerably relaxed. But then again, I can't stand political correctness and would not have been upset in the least if I went to CPAC.

erowe1
02-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I am a little perplexed by this. Why are we so mad about these "ron paul kids" and not mentioning a word about the evil's of Rumsfeld and Cheney?

I'm perplexed too. Where did you get the bit about anybody here wanting us not to mention a word about the evils of Rumsfeld and Cheney?

driller80545
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I keep thinking about what Ron has said over and over about civil disobedience and liberty.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM

That's the point.

Everybody's getting the vapors and calling for the smelling salts over a little well deserved heckling of two totally wicked characters.

When the time does come to stand up to the fire hoses and battle tanks, (and make no mistake, that day is coming) my god, I can only imagine the weeping and moaning and gnashing of teeth about how "irresponsibly" everyone is acting and won't you all "please go home and settle down".

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
That's the point.

Everybody's getting the vapors and calling for the smelling salts over a little well deserved heckling of two totally wicked characters.

When the time does come to stand up to the fire hoses and battle tanks, (and make no mistake, that day is coming) my god, I can only imagine the weeping and moaning and gnashing of teeth about how "irresponsibly" everyone is acting and won't you all "please go home and settle down".

A lot of people worked very hard to present a charming impression of support for our candidates amongst conservatives.

Do you think the hecklers helped that goal?

Because the conservative blogs I've seen on it are panning the behavior and saying Trump is right.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
A lot of people worked very hard to present a charming impression of support for our candidates amongst conservatives.

Do you think the hecklers helped that goal?

Because the conservative blogs I've seen on it are panning the behavior and saying Trump is right.

Probably not.

Let me ask you a question: Do you honestly think you'd ever get a "conservative" who thinks Trump is right, to support Ron Paul?

ETA - Not that it matter one way or the other. Ask a 1000 people in the street what they thought of CPAC 2011 and 999 will say "wut?"

MelissaCato
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey, are we all in the Marriott Ballroom yet ?? Woot Woot !!! Ron Paul 2012 !!!

georgiaboy
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
anybody here that would've boo'd at Obama's Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony? Paul Krugman's Nobel Prize for Economics?

eOs
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
anybody here that would've boo'd at Obama's Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony? Paul Krugman's Nobel Prize for Economics?

Yes definitely

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Probably not.

Let me ask you a question: Do you honestly think you'd ever get a "conservative" who thinks Trump is right, to support Ron Paul?

ETA - Not that it matter one way or the other. Ask a 1000 people in the street what they thought of CPAC 2011 and 999 will say "wut?"

I think there was more openness to hearing him and this let people slam the door on him. I think people who read those blogs were openminded, yes.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Yeah, sure.

Captain Shays
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Antifederalist,

You have made some great points during this discussion and I agree with you and feel exactly the same way about what the political system has become and how it is literally destroying our country. I am glad to see that you've come around to Gaius's points because while we are trying to win over everyone that we can to supporting Ron Paul and the freedom message, we first need to win the Republican primary. Being that the Tea Party movement was born right here in these forums we need to reach out to them and work our way out. I am working on ways to reach conservative Christians, another large voting block we really need to come to our side. The actions of our friends at CPAC certainly didn't help me in that regard.

Inflation
02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events

No. It makes me proud that they are not afraid to use civil disobedience for a good cause.

America needs more people who won't sit down, shut up, and take it. Timid, finger-wagging bluenoses are the problem, not the solution.

Inflation
02-15-2011, 05:58 PM

I would have liked to bring some water balloons filled with red paint to both of their ceremonies:

*Splat!*
"You're a WAR CRIMINAL"
*Lulz*

William R
02-15-2011, 06:03 PM
No. It makes me proud that they are not afraid to use civil disobedience for a good cause.

America needs more people who won't sit down, shut up, and take it. Timid, finger-wagging bluenoses are the problem, not the solution.

Are you sure you're a Ron Paul supporter?? Ron asked that people be civil. Do you understand what the word civil means??

Vessol
02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
I did a little bit of booing and shouting out myself. I shouted "hypocrite" and "you're only delaying the inevitable" when Sen. Hackett was called out.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
It's probably a good thing I don't show up to such events.

Aye.

Now that was funny... AF inferred to be an anarchist roflol...

These neoconservatives don't like Ron Paul but as far as it's known: they haven't heckled Ron Paul.

You can't possibly be serious with that comment.

The lot of you get all dreamy reminiscing how in the 1700s tax collectors were tarred and feathered, today you hiss and boo at people who hiss and boo at war criminals.

Aye, they sure do get all dreamy...

The people that are rude are probably indeed those who have given up on politics and I sometimes wonder if they are actively working to make sure their prophecies are fulfilled.

I find it hard to believe many (if any) of the anarchists on this forum were in attendance. Were there any RonPaulForums anarchists there? That remark is likely baseless and in need of retraction.

The different contexts are important.

I agree completely on context. One context achieved stated goals. One context never achieves any stated goals.

Vessol
02-15-2011, 08:29 PM
I find it hard to believe many (if any) of the anarchists on this forum were in attendance. Were there any RonPaulForums anarchists there? That remark is likely baseless and in need of retraction.

I was there and I've made it fairly clear that I'm an anarchist on these boards for awhile. Going to CPAC and promoting Ron Paul and his ideas I see as a way to bring real liberty to the eyes of the people. I feel that the more people know and understand Ron Paul's message, the more likely they are to oppose the current massive government or even the State in general.

Do you honestly think that people traveled to Washington DC and spent all that money on various expenses, just so they can "work against Ron Paul" by being rude?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I was there and I've made it fairly clear that I'm an anarchist on these boards for awhile. Going to CPAC and promoting Ron Paul and his ideas I see as a way to bring real liberty to the eyes of the people. I feel that the more people know and understand Ron Paul's message, the more likely they are to oppose the current massive government or even the State in general.

I stand corrected. One unruly RonPaulForums anarchist shouting "hypocrite" was in attendance. That settles it then, anarchists are the problem because we are like Jedi, they don't know what to do with just one of us. :)