PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Ron Paul Supporters Walk Out of Rumsfeld Tribute

RonPaulFanInGA
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/10/ron-paul-supporters-walk-out-rumsfeld-tribute

Agorism
02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
All press is good press (unless it's really really bad)

Valli6
02-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Someone in the crowd yelled to Cheney above the din "draft dodger."

Ha, Ha! I didn't hear that one!

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Knew this plan would bite us in the ass

Agorism
02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Someone in the crowd yelled to Cheney above the din "draft dodger."
I thought the same thing. I heard war criminal.

civusamericanus
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
"walk-out had been planned ahead of time in part by Campaign for Liberty organizers"
Faux News at it again, making stuff up!

lester1/2jr
the clip of cheney being called a war crminal is great. He has no real rsponse.

libertarian4321
Ha, Ha! I didn't hear that one!

I was listening to the speech, and I heard someone loudly (and accurately) yell WAR CRIMINAL!

Agorism
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
"Draft dodger" would have been a complement. I think Cheney did that no?

dannno
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
At least half of that article is just flat out lies.. what a propaganda job.

Sola_Fide
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh well...

I guess Ron's e-mail didn't matter much to many people out there. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet...

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
That headline was written before today. They were going to run that headline no matter what...

dannno
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh well...

I guess Ron's e-mail didn't matter much to many people out there. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet...

So you're of the belief that everybody got the email and read it?

paulim
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh well...

You are right. Time will tell. Worst thing someone can do now is apologizing. It happened. Spin it to Rons favour to the liberals, and tell the Neocons that probably Romney supporters did it.

Sola_Fide
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
So you're of the belief that everybody got the email and read it?

No. But, you have to think people were having conversations about it for a couple of days now.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm sure all the Egyptians would listen to an email telling them all to "settle down".

Valli6
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Anyone able to post a comment to correct them? It won't let me post! They need to retract this BS!

squarepusher
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
don't have too much fun over there, you all :)

georgiaboy
02-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh well...

Ron's email mattered to Ron, and to lots of others I'm sure. Just imagine if Ron hadn't written the email, or had written 'let's make some noise!'.

StilesBC
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Good. There's more ground to be gained from neocon-hating social liberals than from aging and soon-to-be-irrelevant neocons.

Sola_Fide
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm sure all the Egyptians would listen to an email telling them all to "settle down".

I see your point. But I have always been struck by how often Ron says that he wants our "revolution to be peaceful" and wants us to "be living representations of the constitution" etc. Etc....

hotbrownsauce
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Someone who was actually present give us the scoop. Everything else is just noise in the background.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
We made a lot of Liberal friends today.

Kregisen
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Unfortunately the only way we can win is if we make a lot of tea party friends.

As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity, but I'm still thinking fuck you to some of these morons who may have just ruined Ron's chances at winning over the CPAC crowd.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately the only way we can win is if we make a lot of tea party friends.

As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity, but I'm still thinking fuck you to some of these morons who may have just ruined Ron's chances at winning over the CPAC crowd.

Not false. But, we are going to be the ONLY people at CPAC that booed members of the Bush Administration. For liberals, in media and general population; that's like booing Stalin.

Hey, I would have just walked out because I know better, but after seeing how quickly the MSM is dying with my generation (most of whom are liberals, who will just watch Maddow and Stewart give this a positive spin for us) the neo-con media spin isn't what it used to be.

anaconda
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Tube?

kah13176
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
I posted in the comments section. "Like" it. :D

johnrocks
02-10-2011, 06:09 PM
To "sell" people, you need to do it with honey;not vinegar. Walking out on that POS probably makes many feel really great but what kind of press and how many will we convert to our message is my concern, not throwing snowballs at Sean Hannity or waking out on some old, tired neo con.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
We are telling the old guard to gooo. We look "progressive". That works in America.

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
We are telling the old guard to gooo. We look "progressive". That works in America.

It worked super well in 2008, when looking progressive got very few boots on the ground, an "educational" campaign that cost millions, and an ultimate reward of McCain/Palin being the GOP nominees, right?

I'm glad people are so gloriously smug, and enjoyed themselves. You're right. They're all irrelevant. Who cares who they vote for in the primaries, right? Ron Paul will appear on the ballot in every state, or even become the GOP nominee, with only the force of the Grassroots pushing him to the fore!

I wonder what proportion believe this is actually a winning strategy, and how many just think we're not going to win anyhow, so why not have a good time? Then there are those who really don't give a rat's ass about Dr. Paul or his wishes (huh? The guy I'm spending all that money to go support says to be polite? Nahhh I'mma do whatever I want, yo!). Lastly there's the group that cares quite a bit about Dr. Paul and his wishes, but just twists the wishes until they line up (Ron Paul might SAY "be polite" but that's just damage control... what he REALLY means is to fight the power and stand out and be as loud as we can!).

This is utterly and flatly depressing, regardless of which of those groups you most closely resemble.

Libertea Party
02-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Not false. But, we are going to be the ONLY people at CPAC that booed members of the Bush Administration. For liberals, in media and general population; that's like booing Stalin.

Hey, I would have just walked out because I know better, but after seeing how quickly the MSM is dying with my generation (most of whom are liberals, who will just watch Maddow and Stewart give this a positive spin for us) the neo-con media spin isn't what it used to be.

Maybe Stewart might be positive but Professional Leftists like Maddow will just say something like she did last night "The Republican party is divided. They can't govern. GOP in disarray!".

With the exception of Greenwald and perhaps a few others we have no credible friends on the left just despicable opportunists.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM

This is bad, if you care for the Pauls.

dannno
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
No. But, you have to think people were having conversations about it for a couple of days now.

That would be assuming they even knew Rummy was getting the award right after.

I dunno, I could be completely wrong.. I'd say maybe 60-80% knew about the award, and maybe 60% or so of them at most read the email from RP.

Original_Intent
02-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Once the idea was out there to boo Rumsfeld or walk out - you know at that point some people are going to do it no matter who asks them not to.

Ron Paul sent out an email days ago asking for people to be respectful. If it becomes too big of a deal he will be interviewed about it and he can wash his hands, correctly, of the entire mess.

As far as Fox saying that C4L organizers staged the walk out, I expect they are going to be called on to either name name or retract it. We'll see, but C4L should be demanding it.

specsaregood
02-10-2011, 06:39 PM

Friends that want to steal your money and your liberty? With friends like that....

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Once the idea was out there to boo Rumsfeld or walk out - you know at that point some people are going to do it no matter who asks them not to.

Ron Paul sent out an email days ago asking for people to be respectful. If it becomes too big of a deal he will be interviewed about it and he can wash his hands, correctly, of the entire mess.

As far as Fox saying that C4L organizers staged the walk out, I expect they are going to be called on to either name name or retract it. We'll see, but C4L should be demanding it.

Actually, a whole lot of people wouldn't dream of it once Ron asked people not to. I HATE it that Ron will likely end up apologizing to people not worth his shoe leather because our guys couldn't be basically polite.

Badger Paul
02-10-2011, 06:44 PM
"at winning over the CPAC crowd. "

We are the CPAC crowd. Don't believe me? Ask Mike Huckabee.

TheeJoeGlass
02-10-2011, 06:45 PM
More people should think like this. I hate people trying to "calm", or, "quite" people down....If now's NOT the time to get up. When is?

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM

Ron Paul shouldn't have had to mention it. He mentioned it dozens of times in the past, and it should be common sense. The fact that he had to send out the word to act civil merely lends credence to the impression that Ron Paul supports are a bunch of kooks who don't get out much and can't comport themselves long enough to be seen in public. The follow-up fact that people booed anyhow makes it seem even more likely that the aforementioned group of supporters is an uncontrolled mass of morons.

It also, were I Dr. Paul, would send me a very clear message that my supporters are loud, proud, and wonderful individuals... but that I'd be better served by not running for President with scattered, disorganized, unruly supporters who aren't any more likely to get boots on the ground and head towards a GOP nod in 2012.

TheeJoeGlass
02-10-2011, 06:51 PM
They did great. Everyone is laughing at Donald. We win in my view.

Southron
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Good. There's more ground to be gained from neocon-hating social liberals than from aging and soon-to-be-irrelevant neocons.

But it's CPAC! If Ron doesn't plan on running as a Democrat, I don't think this helps at all.

Captain Shays
02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I know that Dr Paul wants me to remain calm and civilized but I need ya'll to know that the only reason I haven't hit Hannity in the face with a snowball is because I haven't seen him yet or there wasn't any snow to make a snowball

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Friends that want to steal your money and your liberty? With friends like that....

Liberals are sadly popular. Ron Paul isn't famous in NJ, NY. Booing Bush's guys and Trump opens eyes. Remember, some of us didn't know who Ron Paul was in 2008. In 3 months I went from confused "liberal" to completely changing to Paul. We need Independents, we need the Jersey Shore zombies.

Seriously, Fox News will never be pro Ron Paul. NEVER. But we have millions of pissed off Obama voters that hate the same Neo-Cons as we do. Who do they turn to? Just saying. The only reason CPAC as been popular outside of political junkies IS Ron Paul supporters.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
But it's CPAC! If Ron doesn't plan on running as a Democrat, I don't think this helps at all.

But, the gays scared all the Neo-Cons away.

silentshout
02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Bravo to those who did that!

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Liberals are sadly popular. Ron Paul isn't famous in NJ, NY. Booing Bush's guys and Trump opens eyes. Remember, some of us didn't know who Ron Paul was in 2008. In 3 months I went from confused "liberal" to completely changing to Paul. We need Independents, we need the Jersey Shore zombies.

Seriously, Fox News will never be pro Ron Paul. NEVER. But we have millions of pissed off Obama voters that hate the same Neo-Cons as we do. Who do they turn to? Just saying. The only reason CPAC as been popular outside of political junkies IS Ron Paul supporters.

We need voters in the GOP primary.

It was a temper tantrum at great expense, imho. And those who threw the tantrum aren't the ones paying the price.

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
We need voters in the GOP primary.

Most of the people cheering this have no idea how their own state's primary works, I'd bet. I wonder if they'll stick around to become delegates?

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Ron always talks about "the young people on the campuses". That's were our growth will come from. Bush voters are still not going to vote for Ron. Sorry, its true. Egyptian revolution and the new boogeyman is why. Anti-war they will never be. Period.

silentshout
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Same here. I had no idea who RP was until after the 2008 elections. I refused to watch the Republican debates, even pay attention to the nomination race, etc, because, well I just associated all Republicans with Huckabee, Bush, Cheney, and the like. Too bad I didn't..what a breath of fresh air RP is.

Jack Bauer
02-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Ron always talks about "the young people on the campuses". That's were our growth will come from. Bush voters are still not going to vote for Ron. Sorry, its true. Egyptian revolution and the new boogeyman is why. Anti-war they will never be. Period.

Exactly. We have time on our side. ;)

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Most of the people cheering this have no idea how their own state's primary works, I'd bet. I wonder if they'll stick around to become delegates?

I am pretty sure voting would be suspended at the RNC, or delegates would be systematically disqualified. I am willing to work my butt off to get Ron Paul on ballots and all that- but I have no illusions to the idea that the GOP, or the DNC, would ever let the candidacy go to someone they didn't approve of.

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 07:09 PM

Are you registered GOP if your state requires it? Have you been a part of your local GOP? Do you know how your state selects its nominee? Are you familiar with registration laws in general, so that you can set up a booth on your campus and help others register cleanly for their districts? Are you prepared to hand out materials, advice, and support to those who would like to become delegates or otherwise influence your state's GOP primary vote? Have you looked into whether or not there is a reviving meetup in your area and, if not, are you prepared to start gathering people together to get some boots on the ground?

:)

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Debates will be critical. Youtubing, Facebooking and Twittering them will be as well. The old people from 2008 are 4 years older.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I see your point. But I have always been struck by how often Ron says that he wants our "revolution to be peaceful" and wants us to "be living representations of the constitution" etc. Etc....

Walking out, or booing, in order to show your disapproval of a truly reprehensible human being, is as peaceful as you can get.

Dragging Rummy out front for tarring and feathering would be "non peaceful".

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I am pretty sure voting would be suspended at the RNC, or delegates would be systematically disqualified. I am willing to work my butt off to get Ron Paul on ballots and all that- but I have no illusions to the idea that the GOP, or the DNC, would ever let the candidacy go to someone they didn't approve of.

So why do anything associated with Dr. Paul? Isn't the whole point to try to get him to run, and then to get as far as we can? I guess he didn't get those three delegates from WV that Huckabee gave to him in exchange for the Paul supporters' votes to win him that state's convention in 2008. What a shame.

ItsTime
02-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Are you registered GOP if your state requires it? Have you been a part of your local GOP? Do you know how your state selects its nominee? Are you familiar with registration laws in general, so that you can set up a booth on your campus and help others register cleanly for their districts? Are you prepared to hand out materials, advice, and support to those who would like to become delegates or otherwise influence your state's GOP primary vote? Have you looked into whether or not there is a reviving meetup in your area and, if not, are you prepared to start gathering people together to get some boots on the ground?

Thread winner.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Thread winner.

this.

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Silently walking out in order to show your disapproval of a truly reprehensible human being is as peaceful as you can get.

It wasn't silent, though; far from it.

I'm done with this line of talk. The congratulations will go on and on, as they've done for many things over the past few years. I was musing very recently about the people that used to get things done, yet are no longer around. Someone said they might suddenly come back as the election nears. I am beginning to doubt it. There is a fundamental disconnect between the complaints people have and the methods they choose to rectify the problem.

If you're cheering "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!" and then booing, and you can't be bothered to reflect upon whether or not you're bothering to listen to him, to support him, to do
things to advance him in his political life, then how can he depend upon your help in the Primaries and beyond? He can't.

Those of you talking about time being on our side must be Rand supporters. How many more election cycles do you think Ron Paul will be electable for?

Southron
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
But, the gays scared all the Neo-Cons away.

We have made amazing gains on the right, including former neo-cons.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Yes to all. I'm sadly a registered Republican. I'm in Jersey, sooo Ron has work to do here. I voted/campaigned for Lonegan (Dr. Paul endorsed) and Doherty (Dr. Paul endorsed) People here hate Christie for attacking education, but they voted for Obama and dislike him now. They have no horse in the race. I do all I can to give them one.

Oh, I'm not on a campus. Graduated. Still have a presence back there though.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Until now. Some won't hear of it, of course, but I'm pretty sure the youtubes will spread. No one condones rudeness.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM

I just meant in the CPAC crowd. Its pretty much Romney vs. Paul for the vote this year.

mport1
02-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Great stuff. Glad some people told those thugs how they feel.

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
So why do anything associated with Dr. Paul? Isn't the whole point to try to get him to run, and then to get as far as we can?

Yes, Thats the point. And if he runs I will get him ballot access in my state again and promote locally as much as possible. Unfortunately, he won't win this state (Rhode Island) because of the demographic- and he won't win the presidency because people won't elect him. However- the farther he gets the more informed people become. There is pretty much unanimous hatred of the Fed, I believe that can be attributed to Ron Paul's voice being heard. Former conservatives now realize they don't have to become a Marxist to oppose the Iraq war, again, because they heard Ron Paul. They heard him because we worked to make sure he had a platform.

I knew he wouldn't win, and I know he won't win in 2012- but that doesn't mean we won't try because eventually the people will be educated to the point that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses. An educated populace is more of an insurance policy on individual liberty than 1 good president ever could be. I'm in this to get the ideas out there, and in that sense I can't lose.

I'm sorry if that sounds discouraging or defeatist- but I have to be realistic. We are planting seeds that will be harvested by our children.

ItsTime
02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
This is how I feel. We did not win any neo-con support, most were never going to vote for Ron anyway. However, we may have won a lot of indies who dont like Bush and dont like Obama, and there are A LOT of those.

MelissaCato
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
They did great. Everyone is laughing at Donald. We win in my view.

I agree. Everyone walked out quick and nicely too. Ron Paul 2012 !!!

anaconda
02-10-2011, 07:22 PM

I think there will be lots of disillusioned Democrats in the near future looking for a change.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
So why do anything associated with Dr. Paul? Isn't the whole point to try to get him to run, and then to get as far as we can? I guess he didn't get those three delegates from WV that Huckabee gave to him in exchange for the Paul supporters' votes to win him that state's convention in 2008. What a shame.

Dr. Paul always says the Liberty movement isn't about one man. Its not 2008, its 2011. Getting locked out of FOX News on the debate coverage is going to happen again? Really? With the Judge and Stossel with programs? With all the other candidates taking words out of his mouth to get elected? The FOX News crowd is who we may be have offended tonight right? Ron Paul disappearing from view would be noticed. That's all I'm saying.

I wonder what you people will do if Ron decides not to run for personal reasons...

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Updated.

Besides, all this is nothing more than a tempest in teapot.

The number of American citizens who know or care what CPAC even is, is small to infinitesimal.

It wasn't silent, though; far from it.

I'm done with this line of talk. The congratulations will go on and on, as they've done for many things over the past few years. I was musing very recently about the people that used to get things done, yet are no longer around. Someone said they might suddenly come back as the election nears. I am beginning to doubt it. There is a fundamental disconnect between the complaints people have and the methods they choose to rectify the problem.

If you're cheering "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!" and then booing, and you can't be bothered to reflect upon whether or not you're bothering to listen to him, to support him, to do
things to advance him in his political life, then how can he depend upon your help in the Primaries and beyond? He can't.

Those of you talking about time being on our side must be Rand supporters. How many more election cycles do you think Ron Paul will be electable for?

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes, Thats the point. And if he runs I will get him ballot access in my state again and promote locally as much as possible. Unfortunately, he won't win this state (Rhode Island) because of the demographic- and he won't win the presidency because people won't elect him. However- the farther he gets the more informed people become. There is pretty much unanimous hatred of the Fed, I believe that can be attributed to Ron Paul's voice being heard. Former conservatives now realize they don't have to become a Marxist to oppose the Iraq war, again, because they heard Ron Paul. They heard him because we worked to make sure he had a platform.

I knew he wouldn't win, and I know he won't win in 2012- but that doesn't mean we won't try because eventually the people will be educated to the point that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses. An educated populace is more of an insurance policy on individual liberty than 1 good president ever could be. I'm in this to get the ideas out there, and in that sense I can't lose.

I'm sorry if that sounds discouraging or defeatist- but I have to be realistic. We are planting seeds that will be harvested by our children.

Nice.

Southron
02-10-2011, 07:33 PM
I guess we'll see what comes of this tomorrow. Talk radio will be all over it.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I guess we'll see what comes of this tomorrow. Talk radio will be all over it.

"At CPAC....wait...what? MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD!!!" They are really busy covering their asses with Egypt.

Libertea Party
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
And if you're going to heckle Cheney at CPAC shout "Deficits Don't Matter! Deficits Don't Matter!" and at least show some of the other attendees how Cheney is an all around hack even if he agrees with them on warmongering.

Big government DC hacks like Cheney, Rumfeld etc don't have people cheer for them unless they create an enemy that rank-and-file people like even less. That's what stuff like "war criminal" does for them.

Melissa
02-10-2011, 07:43 PM

I don’t like to be disrespectful… but I too come from the liberal side and have to say I agree with this... that is why I am hoping both Dems and Rep make the Patriot Act vote their line in the side as the debates go on. If either side votes for it they should be ousted.. Patriot act is no friend to liberty on either sides and one of the biggest reason I could support Dr. Paul...if we don’t have our liberties....we have nothing.......

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow. That just added another 1000 miles to the primary. :(

Melissa
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM

:) Great questions and i get to say yes to all of it

driller80545
02-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I know that we have to be respectful and play the game to get people to listen to RP. But, dammit, I hate Rumsfeld and would love to have been there to see the walk out. "War Criminal" = priceless. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I am proud even though it hurts.

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I know that we have to be respectful and play the game to get people to listen to RP. But, dammit, I hate Rumsfeld and would love to have been there to see the walk out. "War Criminal" = priceless. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I am proud even though it hurts.

Yah I kno too

Inflation
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Roger that. We are all over Drudge, TPM, FreekRepublic, etc. A million dollars worth of free media! (Remaining silent would have gotten us nothing.)

Standing up to Rummy and Darth Cheney just earned us tons of cred with the independent voters.

It's also time that the Neocohns get the message that we want them and their TheoCon cattle herded out of the GOP.

It's Tea Time, Dick. Can't you tell? You're soaking in it!

Justinjj1
02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I love it. We have a much better chance of winning over moderates and liberals than we do neocons, and after reading a bunch of liberal blogs they love what happened today. + real life rep to all the hecklers who stood up today to those fucking mass-murdering scumbags.

Eric21ND
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Roger that. We are all over Drudge, TPM, FreekRepublic, etc. A million dollars worth of free media! (Remaining silent would have gotten us nothing.)

Standing up to Rummy and Darth Cheney just earned us tons of cred with the independent voters.

It's also time that the Neocohns get the message that we want them and their TheoCon cattle herded out of the GOP.

It's Tea Time, Dick. Can't you tell? You're soaking in it!

Indies don't usually vote in GOP primaries though.

Corto_Maltese
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I posted a little compilation of the booing. Think i got the best:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9LE7J5gu0

Kregisen
02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I love it. We have a much better chance of winning over moderates and liberals than we do neocons, and after reading a bunch of liberal blogs they love what happened today. + real life rep to all the hecklers who stood up today to those fucking mass-murdering scumbags.

Will you guys stfu about this? It's IMPOSSIBLE to win the GOP primary without the tea party vote. You CANNOT win with the "liberal and moderate" vote. Stop repeating this. Stop rationalizing what happened today. It's possible we just lost any chance to win the tea party vote over what happened today...if that's true, it's already over.

And who knows, maybe Ron will decide not to run now after today.

Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue down the road.

torchbearer
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Will you guys stfu about this? It's IMPOSSIBLE to win the GOP primary without the tea party vote. You CANNOT win with the "liberal and moderate" vote. Stop repeating this. Stop rationalizing what happened today. It's possible we just lost any chance to win the tea party vote over what happened today...if that's true, it's already over.

not an issue for louisiana caucus.

Justinjj1
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM

How about you STFU and look up who started the "Tea Party". The Tea Party is already firmly in Ron's camp, that is unless you are talking about the Tea-O-Cons, which he will never win over, period.

__27__
02-10-2011, 09:18 PM

http://www.bydewey.com/SkyIsFalling.jpg

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
The Tea Party is a bunch of rude citizens. Town Hall meetings anyone? The people it sounds like we are worried about offending are Romney, Hunkabee voters anyway. Tea Party dumb enough to vote for either of them?

And again, Rand Paul is a superstar. It helps Dr. Paul's name. "Well, Rand Paul like the rude Ron Paul kids, I guess their okay..."

Brown Sapper
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Its time that you guys realize that we are never going to win over the neocons but only their sheep. Most of the voters are mindless and just look at politics at face value. By booing Cheney/Rumsfeld we show the world that not all Republicans are warmongering fascists and maybe we will gain some of the independent voters. We also make Cheney/Rumsfeld are damage goods which will help in the future. Their support won't mean dick. Finally we show that we are not a minority we are a legitimate faction that must be addressed. Its not enough to show that we won CPAC. Whats the point of even trying if we don't do anything with it. We have to use this to show that we are changing the Republican party and that the old bullshit ain't gonna float anymore.

angelatc
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
The Tea Party is a bunch of rude citizens. Town Hall meetings anyone?

*snort*

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
How about you STFU and look up who started the "Tea Party". The Tea Party is already firmly in Ron's camp, that is unless you are talking about the Tea-O-Cons, which he will never win over, period.

A lot of them literally don't CARE about foreign policy, they followed the leader. They aren't teocons they are neutral on foreign policy and ripe to being won over, but they won't have someone rude anywhere near them. That is an issue.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I'm not sure if some truly don't get it.

SilentBull
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM

Exactly! I can imagine how disappointed Ron is right now. He's trying to win, and his own supporters are bringing him down. Supporters without a clue as to how you actually win a PRIMARY.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Exactly! I can imagine how disappointed Ron is right now. He's trying to win, and his own supporters are bringing him down. Supporters without a clue as to how you actually win a PRIMARY.

Might I remind everybody who is bemoaning what happened today as some campaign ending meltdown of this simple fact:

Ron Paul has not even announced a run for president.

And, frankly, I don't think he will.

I'm hoping like hell I'm wrong, but I'm not sensing it.

silentshout
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Maybe he will run as an indie :). (runs for cover)

loveshiscountry
02-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Any news station mention the reasons why they were booing? I haven't heard any. So no message was really sent to the masses. Just to people at CPAC. A good many who probably knew about the dissatisfaction among Ron Paul supporters.
We will need the support of those at CPAC down the line. Hopefully convert some. Just like Ron says, take the high road.

Badger Paul
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
"It's possible we just lost any chance to win the tea party vote over what happened today...if that's true, it's already over."

So the Tea Party vote is based on love of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld? You've got to be kidding me!

If' that's true I'm glad I'm not a member.

But more than likely the Tea Parties owe their creation to incompetence and criminality of Cheney and Rumsfeld. Most of us probably wouldn't be if it wasn't for Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Tea Partier who heckled Democrat congressmen are not going to be put off by some actual, real-life dissent in a conservative meeting.

Badger Paul
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
The ACU people deserve to get booed. Why dig up Cheney's old bones if for nothing but as insult to the Paul supporters? They're rewarding failure, that's all they're doing.

angelatc
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Here's a Memeorandum thread on it: http://www.memeorandum.com/110210/p115#a110210p115

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
"It's possible we just lost any chance to win the tea party vote over what happened today...if that's true, it's already over."

So the Tea Party vote is based on love of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld? You've got to be kidding me!

If' that's true I'm glad I'm not a member.

But more than likely the Tea Parties owe their creation to incompetence and criminality of Cheney and Rumsfeld. Most of us probably wouldn't be if it wasn't for Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Tea Partier who heckled Democrat congressmen are not going to be put off by some actual, real-life dissent in a conservative meeting.

Check out these kids' takes. They are political virgins, but know rudeness when they see it. http://wkuatcpac.blogspot.com/

brandon
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Check out these kids' takes. They are political virgins, but know rudeness when they see it. http://wkuatcpac.blogspot.com/

Politics shouldn't be about being polite. If Hitler came to give a speech should we sit in silence?

(Yea I know, Godwin's law. But has it ever been more applicable?)

torchbearer
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM

read the one about it being libertarians who are disrespectful because they are "seperating" into factions. meaning, since they aren't going with the program they are rude.
just by standing on principle, one child percieved rudeness.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Politics shouldn't be about being polite. If Hitler came to give a speech should we sit in silence?

That has nothing to do with going as representatives of a campaign and acting in a way to turn off those we are trying to win over. We were provoked. I am sure the timing after Rand's speech was intentional. Romney was the 'injured party' and used the crowd's sympathy to argue against cutting military spending.

I don't know why you would want to strengthen his arguments with the crowd.

dbill27
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I dont think anything positive was accomplished by the cheney incident if the goal is to get paul elected president. The votes you need are the tea party and the middle age republicans who have defended the bush administration the last 10 years from the same attacks only thrown at them by liberals. These people are entrenched in their position, paul would be better served not bringing the subject up at all and instead bringing the focus on economics.

brandon
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
That has nothing to do with going as representatives of a campaign and acting in a way to turn off those we are trying to win over. We were provoked. I am sure the timing after Rand's speech was intentional. Romney was the 'injured party' and used the crowd's sympathy to argue against cutting military spending.

I don't know why you would want to strengthen his arguments with the crowd.

We're not going to win these people over anyway. We need to win over voters, not activist from a different camp.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
We're not going to win these people over anyway. We need to win over voters, not activist from a different camp.

That.

Ron Paul WILL NEVER APPEAL to the hidebound partisans of either party.

FFS, he represents the death of the system they rely on.

Success, if it ever comes, will come from the roughly 70 percent of voting age people who do not vote and are not affiliated with a party.

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 12:53 AM

+1

fuck politeness.

i was actually expecting the booing wouldn't happen, and i thought i wouldn't have participated in the protest have i gone to CPAC.

but is it really realistic to expect it not to happen? no, it isn't. Ron Paul supporters are young and energetic. we have one of the worst violators of the constitution, civil liberties, and overall freedom getting a "Defender of the Constitution Award". what a fucking joke. who is being impolite here? the morons who give Rumsfeld the award or the Ron Paul supporters who correctly express that the award is a joke? it's the former who are being far more offensive. not only impolite, but insulting.

i'm glad Rumsfeld got that reaction. he shouldn't receive a "Defender of the Constitution Award" as if he deserved it. if he were going to receive the award, the ceremony SHOULD be a mess, and i'm glad a group of Ron Paul supporters made it happen.

as for Ron being disappointed, i think he isn't. he will at least partly agree with the paragraph above, and he knows that young passionate and principled people can't be controlled and have them act like robots (don't protest... ok. i won't... that won't happen!).

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 01:04 AM
From Mediaite (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cpac-civil-war-ron-paul-supporters-scream-war-criminal-at-dick-cheney/):

“‘Uh, Defender of the Constitution?’ Justin Bradfield of Maryland scoffed when I caught up with him after he walked out of Rumsfeld’s speech. ‘Let’s see: he expanded the Defense Department more than pretty much any other defense secretary and he enforced the Patriot Act.’
‘[Speaking] as a libertarian, that’s not really the type of person who should be getting Defender of the Constitution,’ he added.”

That's exactly right!

If Rumsfeld received a "Defender of the Constitution Award", and everybody clapped and smiled, you will have to conclude that there is something seriously fucked up with this country. But if he received that award and the ceremony was a mess and full of boos, then there is at least some hope for the United States.

helmuth_hubener
02-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Unless one of you has invented a way to violate causality, it is probably not particularly productive to argue about whether or not this should have been done. I'm not saying it's completely unproductive, just largely so. These events are in the past and nothing we do can change the past.

What we can do is react to it in a good way and turn the narrative's trajectory for good moving into the future. Make it as much as possible into a plus instead of a minus. Even those who think this was rude, horrible, a disaster, etc., should agree with that. What's done is done. Let's make the best of it. Put our own spin on things. For instance: "these were energized, grassroots young people sick and tired of the corruption and hypocrisy in politics and they were standing up -- literally -- and raising their voices -- literally -- to say that they will not take it any more!" See, that's a pretty good, inspiring story. Don't just accept the enemy's version of the events.

Cap
02-11-2011, 06:16 AM
+1

fuck politeness.

i was actually expecting the booing wouldn't happen, and i thought i wouldn't have participated in the protest have i gone to CPAC.

but is it really realistic to expect it not to happen? no, it isn't. Ron Paul supporters are young and energetic. we have one of the worst violators of the constitution, civil liberties, and overall freedom getting a "Defender of the Constitution Award". what a fucking joke. who is being impolite here? the morons who give Rumsfeld the award or the Ron Paul supporters who correctly express that the award is a joke? it's the former who are being far more offensive. not only impolite, but insulting.

I'm glad Rumsfeld got that reaction. he shouldn't receive a "Defender of the Constitution Award" as if he deserved it. if he were going to receive the award, the ceremony SHOULD be a mess, and i'm glad a group of Ron Paul supporters made it happen.

as for Ron being disappointed, i think he isn't. he will at least partly agree with the paragraph above, and he knows that young passionate and principled people can't be controlled and have them act like robots (don't protest... ok. i won't... that won't happen!).

I agree with everyone of your points except one. Personally speaking I am not young. I am upper middle age and very passionate and principled.

liberalnurse
02-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I agree with everyone of your points except one. Personally speaking I am not young. I am upper middle age and very passionate and principled.

I too, am upper middle aged, passionate and principled. When I first read what happened my first thought was, "prinicple over party." I would have walked out, hopefully quietly but I can't say since I'm not there. Come on, would any of you actually sat through that farce?

jmdrake
02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Begun, this cat herding war has. *sigh*

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-Kh_n2NoJUm9fGfyp6FcNjY3yVAi2TPA0DmObupLwcQ2iXYRAWg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0bTagMyLaAINNQNHHTsBD4-09j8p8pbd_Z00vajDG8ZUOb0OX

Imaginos
02-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Rumsfeld is a true “Defender of the Constitution".
The only little issue here is that he is the defender of the Constitution of Israel, not America.
Rumsfeld, Cheney, Palin, and all the other 'defenders of Israel' should fuck off to Israel and never comeback.
America is better off without you.

jmdrake
02-11-2011, 07:15 AM
I posted a little compilation of the booing. Think i got the best:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9LE7J5gu0

That's it? That's what's spawned several threads and hundreds of posts? That's what people are wringing their hands over? :rolleyes::rolleyes: :collins:

dean.engelhardt
02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Hate they tie the walk out to Ron Paul, since he asked his supports to be respcetful. The only name that should be tied to the walk out is Rumsfeld and ridiculous idea of giving him this award.

Dreamofunity
02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
We should publically be against Cheney, Rumsfeld, the wars, and any unjust aggression and murdering of innocence.

I'm not sure booing is the best way to be publically against it, I personally don't like to strain my voice, but to each their own. Both men deserved more than simple booing.

YumYum
02-11-2011, 07:50 AM
We should publically be against Cheney, Rumsfeld, the wars, and any unjust aggression and murdering of innocence.

I'm not sure booing is the best way to be publically against it, I personally don't like to strain my voice, but to each their own. Both men deserved more than simple booing.

Cheney and Rumsfeld should be in prison. They are getting off easy with a few boo's.

low preference guy
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM

I too, am upper middle aged, passionate and principled. When I first read what happened my first thought was, "prinicple over party." I would have walked out, hopefully quietly but I can't say since I'm not there. Come on, would any of you actually sat through that farce?

I meant young in spirit! :p

2young2vote
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Looks like we are off to a good start! Negative press is not good press when Ron is already well known.

angelatc
02-11-2011, 02:38 PM

Walking out isn't the issue. Heckling the speakers is. These people were invited guests. The same people that invited Ron Paul to speak invited them. It wasn't an open floor forum, like the TEA Party meetings were.

I'm very disappointed. Ron has asked us over and over and over not to be rude. And heckling a speaker is rude. The only time it isn't rude is when you call out "Louder, please" for obvious reasons.

Pretending that there is a right or even a duty to behave like this is essentially telling Ron Paul to fuck off.

vita3
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Individuals do what they want & will always do so.

Really lame to hear anybody wasting energy over this. shalom

Inflation
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Will you guys stfu about this?
Stop rationalizing what happened today.

Sure. I'll do that, just as soon as you master the art of accepting that which you cannot change.

MelissaWV
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Might I remind everybody who is bemoaning what happened today as some campaign ending meltdown of this simple fact:

Ron Paul has not even announced a run for president.

And, frankly, I don't think he will.

I'm hoping like hell I'm wrong, but I'm not sensing it.

I don't think he will, either. If he were on the fence, even thinking of going about another pseudo-educational campaign, I would think this would push more towards the "no run" side, though. I'm also disappointed at another reminder that many of the people I chitchat with on a daily basis confuse being rude and outspoken with some kind of activism and effort to change things.

The constant ultimatums and false dichotomies would be laughable if I were reading them somewhere else. Apparently the only options were to boo and screech and cat-call, or to sit politely through a speech. It keeps coming up. It's the most depressing part of all. I'm probably the one that was being naive, though; not about the country, but about whether or not supporters could see past their noses and try to get some sort of victories won before making asses of themselves and providing ready-made counter-headlines.

Ron Paul wins CPAC... will be followed immediately by a critique of the people there who voted for him. Do you think the focus will be on grassroots efforts, and how Dr. Paul didn't need to bus people in (instead, they paid for one another to go)? It never will be, sadly, because no one cares to make that the headline on either side. Some people are in this just to be different. I think the most frightening thing that could happen for many is success.