PDA

View Full Version : no walk out??

RileyE104
02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
instead just constant booing and shouting of Ron Paul...?

I am kind of disappointed. We just gave the establishment what they wanted - for us to look stupid. :mad:

Plus, Trump would have never had an excuse to start bashing Ron Paul if it weren't for all the damn people interrupting his speech shouting Ron Paul....

And a guy just called Cheney a war criminal. Way to make us look like leftist crazies in a room full of Republican's who aren't as educated as us on WHY he is war criminal.

We were supposed to stay polite for Ron, but that has obviously gone very down hill.

RideTheDirt
02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278483-Ron-Paul-quot-I-ask-that-you-please-remain-respectful-of-all-speakers-and-presenters-quot

RileyE104
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278483-Ron-Paul-quot-I-ask-that-you-please-remain-respectful-of-all-speakers-and-presenters-quot

This is why I said I'm disappointed.

A walk out would have been fine. All the shouting like damned gorillas is not.

RideTheDirt
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I didn't mind the booing, but yelling Ron Paul was really stupid

tsai3904
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I saw a tweet saying there were many people who walked out when Rumsfeld approached the stage.

Agorism
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I saw tons of people walking out. That's what all the second round of cheering was about (the first was USA, USA cheering)

Valli6
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I didn't mind the booing, but yelling Ron Paul was really stupid
It was probably Romney people.

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Looks like many people learned nothing

virgil47
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Looks like many people learned nothing

It looks to me as though many people learned how juvenile and disorderly the Ron Paul crowd can be. I can't say that I'm surprised after all look at the composition of this web site.

Acala
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Assuming that the Neocons went to all the trouble of setting things up with the Rumsfeld award to embarass Ron Paul, do you really think they couldn't arrange for some people to shout "Ron Paul" in a rude manner and boo?

tangent4ronpaul
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
instead just constant booing and shouting of Ron Paul...?

I am kind of disappointed. We just gave the establishment what they wanted - for us to look stupid. :mad:

Plus, Trump would have never had an excuse to start bashing Ron Paul if it weren't for all the damn people interrupting his speech shouting Ron Paul....

And a guy just called Cheney a war criminal. Way to make us look like leftist crazies in a room full of Republican's who aren't as educated as us on WHY he is war criminal.

We were supposed to stay polite for Ron, but that has obviously gone very down hill.

It will probably help us with Dem supporters.

Valli6
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Some nameless FOX blogger disagrees with you and has made false statements regarding a walkout!

A steady stream of Texas Rep. Ron Paul's supporters walked out of a planned tribute for Donald Rumsfeld at CPAC Thursday afternoon. The walk-out had been planned ahead of time in part by Campaign for Liberty organizers and it seemed to be supported by more than 100 CPAC attendees.

The former defense secretary was also booed when took to the stage. There seemed to be a back-and-forth between Paul supporters and other CPAC attendees trying to drown each other out while Rumsfeld watched.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney then took the stage, but the heckling did not stop in what was an amazing display of friction. Someone in the crowd yelled to Cheney above the din "draft dodger." Nonetheless, the crowd is overwhelmingly warm to Rumsfeld, who eventually took his place in the presentation.
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/10/ron-paul-supporters-walk-out-rumsfeld-tribute

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Some nameless FOX blogger disagrees with you and has made false statements regarding a walkout!

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/10/ron-paul-supporters-walk-out-rumsfeld-tribute

You don't get it... I'm not sure why you didn't bother to read the thread you responded to. The OP was saying there was no QUIET WALKOUT, but rather a noisy mess of people trying to make a "statement." The article does not refute that, but supports it.

I love the magic of this website. There has been talk for quite some time about how booing or shouting things or whatever else would be a great idea, and some people were quite excited at the idea. Then, when it happens, it's all Romney supporters and COINTELPRO, honest!

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
You don't get it...
I love the magic of this website. There has been talk for quite some time about how booing or shouting things or whatever else would be a great idea, and some people were quite excited at the idea. Then, when it happens, it's all Romney supporters and COINTELPRO, honest!

I really hope it was. I thought people had put that bad idea away when Ron sent out his email.

silentshout
02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Walking out is peaceful, so is booing. It's not like anyone threw a shoe at him or anything.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Walking out is peaceful, so is booing. It's not like anyone threw a s
hoe at him or anything.

And if you don't mind people not wanting to vote for your candidate because of your bad behavior, then, cool.

Too bad for Ron and Rand, though. The people they need to newly persuade to vote for them don't feel the way you do.

kah13176
02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I can see it now: "Rude and Rowdy Supporters Help Ron Paul Win the CPAC Straw Poll".

anaconda
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I can't believe that there is no video up of the walk out. Whassup..