PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from CPAC!

BrooklynZoo
02-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm here at CPAC with my friend and as promised, have both voted for Ron Paul in the Straw Poll! Currently up at the left wall in the Marriott Ballroom awaiting Rand Paul's speech! So where is everybody? I think I saw The Collins during Tom Woods' speech.

BrooklynZoo
02-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Day One of CPAC down. Got to see Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Jack Hunter (The Southern Avenger), Donald Trump all speak. Saw half the crowd walk out on Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney called a war criminal to his face. Met Peter Schiff, Gary Johnson and not only met Tom Woods but had a group tour of his hotel room "It's got a dining table" and directed him on the way over to the three-floors-packed YAL afterparty. Not bad for a day's work. Onward to Day Two!

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Day One of CPAC down. Got to see Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Jack Hunter (The Southern Avenger), Donald Trump all speak. Saw half the crowd walk out on Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney called a war criminal to his face. Met Peter Schiff, Gary Johnson and not only met Tom Woods but had a group tour of his hotel room "It's got a dining table" and directed him on the way over to the three-floors-packed YAL afterparty. Not bad for a day's work. Onward to Day Two!

Thank you!

BrooklynZoo
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm currently up in the balcony with the bloggers in the Marriott Ballroom awaiting Ron Paul's main speech. Watching Thaddeus McCotter and Orrin Hatch take some mostly softball questions, except Hatch was just hit with "How can we trust that you will be fiscally conservative when you voted for the TARP bailouts in 2008?". Hatch responded the only way he could, by apologizing for "aving to vote that way because we would have ended up in a depression."

Lucille
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
"How can we trust that you will be fiscally conservative when you voted for the TARP bailouts in 2008?". Hatch responded the only way he could, by apologizing for "having to vote that way because we would have ended up in a depression."

Like Big Daddy used to say, "BULL (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=179781)!" All TARP (and the trillions in secret bailouts) did was guarantee, and exacerbate, the Second Great Depression.

BrooklynZoo
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Now I and about 30 other RPFers are at Asylum lounge shooting the breeze and waiting on grub!

KramerDSP
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Now I and about 30 other RPFers are at Asylum lounge shooting the breeze and waiting on grub!

What is the general feeling about the results of tomorrow's straw poll?

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, we heard a ton of Romneybots arrived today. What is the feeling there?

How do other conservatives seem to feel about us?

BrooklynZoo
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Well if the poll results are anything like the Ron Paul book signing lin, we'll have this one in the bag.

Romney did have a full main ballroom for his speech earlier but it's unclear how many of those people voted for him in the straw poll. Overhearing some of the neocons' discussions just makes me shake my head.

I've found the general reaction to discussion of Ron Paul to be favorable to most, even those not very familiar with him. The straw poll closed earlier than CPAC scheduled it to but all of our people had better have voted and early.

Ron Paul's speech had a very favorable reaction and unlike every other major speaker I didn't hear any heckling.

MelissaCato
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Left Taste of India a little bit ago. Great food in DC. We went to the Medaterra last night.. Fabulous. We're leaving DC tonight .. Hope ya'll have a great 3rd day @ CPAC. Ron Paul 2012 !!!