PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney on supporting extending the Patriot Actand how Ron Paul is wrong!

Patriotxi
02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOXacyto380
S.C. Code Ann. §§ 17-30-20, 17-30-30: It is a felony to intercept, disclose or use a wire, electronic or oral communication, unless it is done with the consent of at least one party to the communication.
Let us be clear, a vote for a suspension calendar with the so-called "PATRIOT" Act on it is a vote for roving wiretaps, secret sneak and peek searches conducted without the knowledge of the subject, search and seizure of library records, and so-called "national security letters" signed by anonymous bureaucrats replacing warrants signed by a judge.

These violations of our civil liberties have gone on for too long. The PATRIOT Act deserves a thorough, public debate and a legitimate standalone vote - not to be quietly rushed through Congress as if it were as uncontroversial as naming post offices.

In full agreement with Ben Franklin's sentiment and in the interest of each American's privacy and civil liberties, we not only urge Congress to allow the sunsetting provisions to expire, but we also support a repeal of the entire USA PATRIOT Act.
About 6 months ago I asked him at a GOP meeting, "If given the chance, would you vote to repeal the Patriot Act?" he told me "absolutely, Im not willing to give up Liberty for Safety!"
CALL HIM NOW: (202) 225-5501

Patriotxi
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
He lied to me!

Patriotxi
02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
bump

Slutter McGee
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Well lets see how he comes down on foreign spending, the debt, and interventionism. Right now this is a big negative.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

EDIT: Many of yall have your pet issues that one must agree with. This is generally the only one for me.

leonster
02-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Yuck, anyways.

sailingaway
02-11-2011, 04:56 PM
you expect me to watch that crap? I read the legislation itself. It has to go.

HOLLYWOOD
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Lindsey Graham's boyfriend? AnyHoo... if you watched the garbage going on yesterday at the House Intelligence meeting with the Alpha Agencies... the establishment cares about themselves first and foremost. They're very concerned about homegrown terrorism that's a threat to THEM, not Americans first and foremost. They incite what they want funding to fill and then control.

1/2 the damn meeting's questions were classified, but they don't say that, they just reschedule a private shindig.

It doesn't matter if it's ABUSE... IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL

What about Dianne Feinstein and Patrick Leahy to make these parts voted upon: permanent?

Brett85
02-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't support the Patriot Act, but in this instance the Congressman was pretty specific while talking about the legislation, while the interviewer just said the same thing over and over without really refuting anything the Congressman said. With all due respect, that was really hard to listen to.

TCE
02-11-2011, 10:52 PM
And this was one of the candidates Liberty Slate endorsed. ...Ooops?