PDA

View Full Version : Politico: Ron Paul supporters out in force

RonPaulFanInGA
02-10-2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49239.html

specsaregood
02-10-2011, 11:28 AM
As I'm sure politico knows, the C4L is a 501C4, which prevents them from being "pro-paul". The campaign for liberty should contact them and get them to correct this mistaken claim.

messana
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
I worry that conservatives won't take CPAC seriously anymore if the conference keeps getting over run by supporters of the "Ron/Rand Paul loony bin."

aclove
02-10-2011, 12:32 PM
If so, then we've successfully deprived them and the MSM of another tool to try to anoint a nominee months and months ahead of the first primaries. That's a win, too.

Bern
02-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I worry that conservatives won't take CPAC seriously anymore if the conference keeps getting over run by supporters of the "Ron/Rand Paul loony bin."

I don't. I hope Ron/Rand Paul supporters overrun all the GOP conferences, polls, meetings, think tanks, media reps, talk shows and most importantly - elections.

lester1/2jr
02-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe if the other non candidates weren't so mediocre they would have loonies of their own.

dannno
02-10-2011, 01:07 PM

Next thing you know they'll be out of power and won't have a say in anything.

Hard headed people who mock libertarianism can go fuck themselves for all I care, let's worry about the millions of open minded people out there willing to take their place at the voting booth and in political positions.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
As I'm sure politico knows, the C4L is a 501C4, which prevents them from being "pro-paul". The campaign for liberty should contact them and get them to correct this mistaken claim.

Politico has picked a meme and is going with it. The idea that this is more support than Ron got in 2007, when his supporters weren't exactly known for being shy, either, never seems to inspire them to think there might be a reason for that.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM

That is the meme they are going to show if Ron does well in the poll. Are even YOU buying it?

specsaregood
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM
That is the meme they are going to show if Ron does well in the poll. Are even YOU buying it?

I'm fairly confident that messana was being sarcastic and/or mocking them.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm fairly confident that messana was being sarcastic and/or mocking them.

Dang. My sarcasm meter is failing too often, lately. :o

georgiaboy
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Ron/Rand Paul supporters are the very definition of conservatism.

georgiaboy
02-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Dang. My sarcasm meter is failing too often, lately. :o

oops - me too i guess

AuH2O
02-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Promoting someone in a straw poll would be pretty gray FEC area. And isn't RP their honorary chair? I'd say that makes them "pro-Paul."

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I disagree with many here on the way we should attempt to take these events over. But we agree on taking them over. If the Republican Establishment wont accomodate us then they will lose a primary way of annointing the next candidates.

I believe in playing the game in a way that will help us win. But we are still Paul supporters, and still passionate. If we could send 50,000 people to CPAC I would be for it.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

aclove
02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm with Slutter. I don't know how many people we're going to actually "trick" into thinking that Ron Paul suddenly has the support of a majority of Republicans, but just depriving the establishment of a coronation tool is a big win.

jmdrake
02-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Ummmmm.....how is that a problem? The "it was the GOProud crowd that voted for Paul" is going to be an issue (and it can be dealt with) but getting as many or your supporters to CPAC is the point of CPAC. We just can't stop at CPAC.

messana
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM

It's the meme they played last time Ron won. How does Fox and Friends, Hannity, Bill O, etc. belittling Ron help us?

Yes, yay, Ron winning CPAC will upset the establishment, but having MSM going on damage control and saying that "the votes were fixed" and "looks like all the 2400 Ron Paul nutjobs in the country went in and voted" may not make a good impression on someone who hasn't even heard of Ron Paul (95% of the country).

There's a counter balance for everything.

Edit: and for the record, I do hope Ron wins CPAC.