02-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Jeff Flake.

itshappening
02-10-2011, 10:07 AM
did Flake vote for PAct??

Brett85
02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
did Flake vote for PAct??

Yeah, but he's fairly non interventionist on foreign policy issues. It's hard to find a perfect candidate, but Flake is about as good as we can expect from a Republican.

itshappening
02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
No compromise

If he voted for that garbage he's not going to get my support

He went with the party whip and wasn't brave enough to join 25 GOP colleagues, what makes you think he'd be anythin but an establishment whore in the senate?

itshappening
02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
bump

AJ Antimony
02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
It's time for Senator Jeff Flake!

His only severe flaw in his House tenure is his support for the Patriot Act, but he has voted AGAINST the Republican majority on plenty occasions. Look up his voting history, you will be impressed. Until Justin Amash, Flake I'd say was the #2 libertarian in all of Congress.

Flake may himself end up being the Tea Party candidate since 3 other current or former GOP establishment Congressman are interested in the seat.

The real news out of his from a RPF perspective is that there may end up being 2 open GOP House seats in AZ...

AZ libertarians missed a huge opportunity by not fielding a candidate for the wide open John Shadegg seat in 2010... here's their chance to redeem themselves

Brett85
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
No compromise

If he voted for that garbage he's not going to get my support

He went with the party whip and wasn't brave enough to join 25 GOP colleagues, what makes you think he'd be anythin but an establishment whore in the senate?

Well, good luck finding a Republican candidate in Arizona who opposes both the Patriot Act and the wars.

erowe1
02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm all for drafting Jeff Flake. He definitely has some bad votes (althouh as bad votes go I rank Patriot Act pretty low in priority). But he'd easily be one of the best 3 senators, and if we support the idea of changing things within the system as it is, we have to jump at the opportunity to make an improvement as huge as a Flake upgrade to the Senate would be.

Edit: Chris Simcox is another possibility. I think he has some baggage. Either option brings some negatives. I'd support either one.