PDA

View Full Version : Trump at CPAC points to White House run in 2012

bobbyw24
02-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Rumored presidential candidate Donald Trump will make a surprise visit to the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington today. He plans to address the convention in the afternoon. The decision to attend CPAC was pushed by Trump’s longtime political advisor Roger Stone, and indicates the billionaire real estate mogul is becoming serious about seeking the Republican nomination for president next year.

Trump has been hinting at his desire to run for months. “For the first time in my life, I am absolutely thinking about it,” he told MSNBC in October. According to Newsmax, Trump is “telling friends he has decided he will definitely run.” And although he denied any involvement when someone began mysteriously polling New Hampshire residents about their thoughts on a Trump campaign, he still made sure to tell Fox News that he heard the results were “amazing.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/10/trump-at-cpac-points-to-white-house-run/#ixzz1DYtq5hR5

RedStripe
02-10-2011, 07:31 AM
The merging of reality TV pop culture, wealth-worship and a dysfunctional political system is nearly complete. Bravo America, bravo.

Matt Collins
02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Ugh

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Michael Savage has been pushing Trump on his show for over a month...he has done several live interviews.

Aratus
02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
a five minute speech at CPAC puts trump on the SUPERTUESDAY map???
i still think he REALLY pulls from ex-gov mitt romney if he decides to run!

qh4dotcom
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Not too excited about Trump but I'll take him over Obama any day...from being a businessman he should understand how high taxes and excessive regulations are hurting small businesses.

dbill27
02-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Trump loves to hear his name in the news, he says this every 4 years and nothing comes of it, he has no intention of running. He just wants attention, can you think of anyone else who puts his name in more places than trump?

t0rnado
02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
This makes so much sense. The man drove his business into bankruptcy and cheated on his wife. Being horrible at economics and being unfaithful are two exceedingly important traits for a presidential candidate.

moostraks
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
a five minute speech at CPAC puts trump on the SUPERTUESDAY map???
i still think he REALLY pulls from ex-gov mitt romney if he decides to run!

Interesting you would say this as my first thought was I could see him playing the game to take some media light off Romney and then dropping out with Romney picking up Trump's supporters and becoming the media darling at the last minute. I still think Mitt's last run ended in a hokey bought off sort of manner when he dropped out. Not too many of us could have guessed a McCain win when he got the nod largely due to his military stance in an environment supposedly hostile to war. I think we just might see a Mitt win in an environment hostile to healthcare takeover. Thus leaving one with the lesser of two evils on a major issue at the time of election.

Flash
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Not too excited about Trump but I'll take him over Obama any day...from being a businessman he should understand how high taxes and excessive regulations are hurting small businesses.

Trump was born into wealth, if anything high taxes have always helped him by limiting the amount of competition he has to deal with. And the people who finance his campaign will favor higher taxes for the same reason. Hell, on Michael Savage's show he hasn't even hinted that he likes the free market. Every time I heard an interview with Trump he always says how the government needs to do MORE to get us out of the recession. And on of his solutions is to severely limit trade with China using huge tariffs.

Michael Savage has been pushing Trump on his show for over a month...he has done several live interviews.

Michael Savage has questionable Conservative values. If you recall he was pumping up Mitt Romney in 07/08 and then later promoted Mccain over Obama. Any true Conservative would've realized Mccain could do more harm for our movement than Obama ever could. Voting for the lesser of two evils gives you people like Lindsey Graham, John Mccain, Marco Rubio, Scott Brown, etc... I'd rather have a liberal democrat who will be voted out after a term than a wishy washy moderate Republican that stands for nothing and somehow becomes the face of the conservative movement.