PDA

View Full Version : Operation Chaos! Everyone Vote For Lincoln In This Worst President Poll

Zatch
02-10-2011, 12:01 AM
http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourview/presidents/

justinc.1089
02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Voted, but Lincoln is losing big time. He's faaaaar behind the Bushes and Obama. Although I find it funny that the votes are split up fairly evenly. The more recent votes is not surprising since people are told if they're "liberal" or "conservative" that every current president is either good or bad. Combine that fact with most people not knowing anything about history, and the result is going to be more people voting for more recent presidents.

I do hope Lincoln at least approaches Obama and the Bushes though. Too bad I don't know of a popular website where people from the South visit often lol. I'm from the South, and have been around the South's culture, which is nearly non-existent now anyways, and real Southern people that are in touch with their heritage know the truth about Lincoln, so if only there was a website with tons of Southerners on it we could make Lincoln the winner then lol.

low preference guy
02-10-2011, 01:11 AM
how is that operation chaos? it's just voting your conscience and stating the truth.

Inkblots
02-10-2011, 01:31 AM
I voted for Wilson, myself...

MaxPower
02-10-2011, 02:39 AM
I went with FDR. Woodrow Wilson would be my second choice. Lincoln my be wildly overrated, but I think there have been a substantial number of presidents worse than he was.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I went with FDR. Woodrow Wilson would be my second choice. Lincoln my be wildly overrated, but I think there have been a substantial number of presidents worse than he was.

Can you name me a President who killed upwards of 2 million Americans? Can you name me a President who shutdown an entire State legislature? Can you name me a President who enacted an income tax on his own? Can you name me a President who enacted conscription into a regular army before Lincoln? Can you name me a President who created a new state all by himself? Can you name me a President who arrested, detained, and indefinitely imprisoned sitting State legislators and Congressman? Can you name me a President who suspended Habeus Corpus and instituted a Military-Dictatorship? It gets much worse.

At least no other President raped, pillaged, destroyed, ransacked, murdered, tortured, and absolutely and inhumanely dehumanized a huge swath of Americans. Absolutely abominable. I will never forgive Lincoln and Sherman those two traitorous murderous tyrants.

I mean I am Southern and half Cherokee. The two groups of people Sherman callously and cruelly massacred on behalf of Lincoln.

justinc.1089
02-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Can you name me a President who killed upwards of 2 million Americans? Can you name me a President who shutdown an entire State legislature? Can you name me a President who enacted an income tax on his own? Can you name me a President who enacted conscription into a regular army before Lincoln? Can you name me a President who created a new state all by himself? Can you name me a President who arrested, detained, and indefinitely imprisoned sitting State legislators and Congressman? Can you name me a President who suspended Habeus Corpus and instituted a Military-Dictatorship? It gets much worse.

At least no other President raped, pillaged, destroyed, ransacked, murdered, tortured, and absolutely and inhumanely dehumanized a huge swath of Americans. Absolutely abominable. I will never forgive Lincoln and Sherman those two traitorous murderous tyrants.

I mean I am Southern and half Cherokee. The two groups of people Sherman callously and cruelly massacred on behalf of Lincoln.

I couldn't say any of that better myself.

I also cannot fathom that anyone on here would think any president in American history even approaches the level of tyranny of Abraham Lincoln.

To this very day to be Southern is to be a 2nd-rate American. To this day the South has not recovered economically from the Northern War of Aggression. And to this day, the government continues to support and carry out a cultural war against the South, which is nearly won because there are very few people born in the South under 25 that still actually have a true Southern heritage.

There will never be darker days in America than during the Civil War, even continuing on to the end of America's very existence.

Remember our ancestors that died fighting- each other.

Kludge
02-10-2011, 03:28 AM
how is that operation chaos? it's just voting your conscience and stating the truth.
... In opposition of going along with the socially-acceptable answer to avoid conflict and preserve order.

Though, Inkblots is the winner.

Travlyr
02-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Lincoln gets far too much credit for the Civil War. The "War Between The States" was orchestrated by Northern industrialists. (http://www.thedailybell.com/amazon-blood-money.asp) Lincoln was just the sap elected to take the blame. Historians have effectively labeled the Civil War "Lincoln's War" to obfuscate the culprits. President Lincoln was a pawn just like President Wilson.

moostraks
02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Lincoln gets far too much credit for the Civil War. The "War Between The States" was orchestrated by Northern industrialists. (http://www.thedailybell.com/amazon-blood-money.asp) Lincoln was just the sap elected to take the blame. Historians have effectively labeled the Civil War "Lincoln's War" to obfuscate the culprits. President Lincoln was a pawn just like President Wilson.

That could be effectively stated for any of the puppets. They are frontmen for the real parasites but as such they can accept dubious honors as just reward for time served...Lincoln would be my choice as well.

jmdrake
02-10-2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourview/presidents/

Why should I when I don't actually believe that? IMO there are a lot of presidents worse than Lincoln. (FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Richard Nixon, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Barak Obama etc). I know hating Lincoln is a passionate pastime for some people here. Anyway, I'm glad to see W is "winning" this poll with Obama coming in a close second.

jmdrake
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Can you name me a President who killed upwards of 2 million Americans?

Andrew Jackson would have if congress hadn't backed down during the nullification crisis, or if (as in the case of Lincoln) the south had decided to secede even though the tariff hadn't passed. The only difference between Lincoln and a lot of other presidents is the hand he was dealt. And if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 10:07 AM
no. this is the kind of thing that gets our guys derisive headlines when his supporters do it. I know the reasons people don't like him, from violating the Constitution to debasing the dollar, but YOU know the reasons the media would ascribe to this.

Travlyr
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
That could be effectively stated for any of the puppets. They are frontmen for the real parasites but as such they can accept dubious honors as just reward for time served...Lincoln would be my choice as well.

That's exactly right. And I understand why Lincoln would be your choice. Yet, to blame Lincoln, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, et.al. for mass murder is like blaming the puppet for cussing. The powers behind them are the true culprits. And they are still in power today primarily because the people who long to be free keep setting their sights on the puppet.

wormyguy
02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Voted for Wilson. Sorry to say, but Lincoln would probably have a closer voting record to Ron Paul than any other member of congress today. That says more about the trajectory of American politics than it does about Lincoln.

Zatch
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Voted for Wilson. Sorry to say, but Lincoln would probably have a closer voting record to Ron Paul than any other member of congress today. That says more about the trajectory of American politics than it does about Lincoln.

How so? He created a national bank, imposed the first draft, signed the first income tax, invaded a neighboring country etc.

kah13176
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Voting for Wilson.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-10-2011, 09:37 PM

This is completely ridiculous. All the atrocious things Wilson did, Lincoln did and he did far more vastly. It seems the false history of Lincoln and his aggrandizement is still alive.

If you think Ron Paul would enact massive tariffs you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would introduce the draft you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would invade another state you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would institute an income tax by executive fiat you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would decide through executive fiat to take us off a commodity standard and enact a fiat currency with legal tender you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would deport all blacks back to Africa you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would arrest any journalist against his views and throw them in huge fortresses indefinitely you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would suspend Habeus Corpus and trial-by juries you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would shut down an entire State legislature because he didn't like what they were going to do you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would create a new State so he could get more votes you do not know Ron Paul.
If you think Ron Paul would institute a Martial-Law Military-Dictatorship you do not know Ron Paul.

I mean I could keep going, as Lincoln did far more worse things than this (like I don't know...Scorch Earth the entire South?).

That sounds like Ron Paul....

erowe1
02-10-2011, 09:44 PM

I can't blame you for going with FDR and Wilson. Those two and Lincoln are definitely all at or near the top of the list. But "a substantial number"? What other presidents do you imagine were so bad?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Andrew Jackson would have if congress hadn't backed down during the nullification crisis, or if (as in the case of Lincoln) the south had decided to secede even though the tariff hadn't passed. The only difference between Lincoln and a lot of other presidents is the hand he was dealt. And if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself.

Yes, Jackson would have been horrible if SC seceeded, however, I do not see Jackson instructing his Generals to Scorch Earth and massacre the South (Nor do I see Jackson doing even 95% of what Lincoln did). That said, I do not really like Jackson because of the Trail of Tears so you won't get any sympathy from me for Jackson.

jmdrake
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
If you think Ron Paul would deport all blacks back to Africa you do not know Ron Paul.

Lincoln supported compensated emancipation and voluntary repatriation of the slaves who wanted to leave. Nothing wrong with that.

See: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured_documents/dc_emancipation_act/

jmdrake
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes, Jackson would have been horrible if SC seceeded, however, I do not see Jackson instructing his Generals to Scorch Earth and massacre the South (Nor do I see Jackson doing even 95% of what Lincoln did). That said, I do not really like Jackson because of the Trail of Tears so you won't get any sympathy from me for Jackson.

Well I don't see anyone other than SC seceding against a southern favorite son like Jackson. As for what Jackson would or would not have done, it depends on if he thought he might lose. I don't see "Old Hickory" taking scorched earth off the table if that was the only way he could win. But who knows. This is all crystal ball gazing.

Legend1104
02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Notice on the poll that the top % is for recent presidents because most Americans have no real knowledge about presidential history. Of course Bush and Obama would win, those are the only two that most americans have ever even heard of (etc. maybe Washington and Lincoln).

juvanya
02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Voted, but Lincoln is losing big time. He's faaaaar behind the Bushes and Obama. Although I find it funny that the votes are split up fairly evenly. The more recent votes is not surprising since people are told if they're "liberal" or "conservative" that every current president is either good or bad. Combine that fact with most people not knowing anything about history, and the result is going to be more people voting for more recent presidents.

I do hope Lincoln at least approaches Obama and the Bushes though. Too bad I don't know of a popular website where people from the South visit often lol. I'm from the South, and have been around the South's culture, which is nearly non-existent now anyways, and real Southern people that are in touch with their heritage know the truth about Lincoln, so if only there was a website with tons of Southerners on it we could make Lincoln the winner then lol.

Stormfront?