PDA

View Full Version : The Flaw in Blind Support of Isreal (A religious viewpoint)

robert9712000
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
This was one of the main topics tonight on Jason Lewis.I was surprised at the amount of people that came on the show and said we need to support Israel in whatever it does because its Israel.

I was curious on how others viewed our role, if any with Israel, from a religious persons viewpoint?Heres my opinion.

To start off im a devout Christian but i feel as a christian its not doing Gods will to have the U.S. completely support Israel monetarily or militarily. and heres why.

In the old testament God established Israel and then established how it would be ran politically and militarily through proclamations from prophets who proved they were speaking Gods will by miracles,even having the Babylonians conquer Israel as part of Gods Judgment.

While i believe God established Israel to be the initial foundation to divulge his knowledge and will to mankind ,once Christ came it completed his true goal which was to spread his will and knowledge to the whole world.

Fast forward to today's times.While i think Israel is still a special place as a believer im not going to pretend like i know what Gods will is presently towards Israel.(I know revelations talks about the new Jerusalem being set up but God will set it up not us)

With no modern day prophets, you can only guess what Gods present will is for Israel .To me it is disrespectful and arrogant towards God to think America is doing Gods will to protect Israel , Like were more in touch with what God wants for Israel presently than anyone else in the world.

God desires blind faith ,Not ignorant faith.