PDA

View Full Version : the money raised from the candidates

garrettwombat
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
of the top 3 candidates with the most money, paul being in 3rd. did the other top two really raise that money from the public? or was it through something else...

i ask because i heard somewhere they use there own money, but just curious.

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Romney has contributed a LOT to his campaign.

Giuliani I think rolled some money from a previous election (I know Hillary did) and also Ghoul may have contributed some of his 9/11 funds.

AFAIK Thompson is only using donations, virtually all of which came from Tennessee.

garrettwombat
10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
why doesn't the news cover this kind of stuff....

ok someone inform me... i can clearly see the media suppressing dr paul... its so obvious.

but why, what is it about ron paul that makes the media cringe?
he is the only good thing to come about in this country in a long time.

i dont see how it would make a difference to the media if he got elected or not.
i know he is against big government, how does this effect big business and the media?

Gimme Some Truth
10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
49% of Romneys donations are donations from himself. Or so i believe

saahmed
10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
All of this stuff can be checked out here: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

m72mc
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
why doesn't the news cover this kind of stuff....

ok someone inform me... i can clearly see the media suppressing dr paul... its so obvious.

but why, what is it about ron paul that makes the media cringe?
he is the only good thing to come about in this country in a long time.

i dont see how it would make a difference to the media if he got elected or not.
i know he is against big government, how does this effect big business and the media?

big banks own all big companies profiting from the current situation and they also basically own the current media and government. they all loose if ron gets elected. the ownership of the media is very concentrated.
very simple really.

if u are really interested I made a post here with some videos to explain some.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27847

ofc at this very moment for ron campign all that matters is that they do ignore him, some time they wont be able to anymore I guess.

besides he wants to leave all military bases-- a lot of companies will loose money
abolish irs, fed, most ppl in power today hardly like that.