PDA

View Full Version : NEOCON Gets to TAK at CPAC...

hrdman2luv
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Allen West Gets CPAC Keynote Slot

Tea Party-backed freshman Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) will be the keynote speaker at this weekend's Conservative Political Action Conference, an influential gathering of conservative activists that doubles as a cattle call for likely 2012 GOP presidential candidates.

"I've been asked today to have the honor of giving the closing keynote address at CPAC Saturday. I'm humbled," he wrote on Twitter.

West, one of two African-American Republicans elected to Congress last year, will speak late Saturday afternoon, shortly after the results of the straw poll of potential presidential candidates are announced. He's taking the slot after Sarah Palin turned it down, pointing to scheduling conflicts.

Here's the link. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20031176-503544.html?tag=nl.e886)

RonPaulFanInGA
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Why Allen West before...anyone, really?

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Why Allen West before...anyone, really?

Palin turned it down with a week to go before the event, then Perry was supposed to do it, I have no idea why he isn't (is he on the poll maybe and only just realized he'd be speaking right after losing badly or something?) And now West is doing it. I wonder how many more turned it down in between?

I'd point out that our guys seem to not have been asked, but could they have moved their slots? People are going there just to see them on those days....some won't be there by that time Saturday.

Epic
02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I so wish Allen West had a non-interventionist foreign policy and was generally less of a fascist-type.

Because he can be very inspirational at times.

hrdman2luv
02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I so wish Allen West had a non-interventionist foreign policy and was generally less of a fascist-type.

So can Obama......LOL

farrar
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM

bing!

Your wish has been granted.

I would have wished for an intelligent world populace well aware of the ideas of liberty and capitalism. A world where a Ron paul presidency would be a shoe in and not an up hill battle.

CONGRATULATIONS! on a new and inspirational Adam West. Hope you are happy... Jeeez I mean, how often do you get a wish granted,right? Its like once in a millennium, but you put it to good use.

heh heh ;)