PDA

View Full Version : Convenient timing - DHS head announces highest "terror threat" since 9/11

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Right while the Congress is trying to pass un-PATRIOT Act extensions.

Yeah, all just a coincidence...:rolleyes:

Terror Threat 'Most Heightened' Since 9/11, Napolitano Says

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/janet-napolitano-warns-terror-threat-heightened-sept-11/story?id=12874207

The threat of terrorism is at "its most heightened state" since the 9/11 attacks nearly a decade ago, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said today.

The terrorist threat facing our country has evolved significantly in the last ten years -- and continues to evolve -- so that, in some ways, the threat facing us is at its most heightened state since those attacks," she said before the House Homeland Security Committee.

"One of the most striking elements of today's threat picture is that plots to attack America increasingly involve American residents and citizens," Napolitano said, referring to so-called homegrown terrorists fueled by the Internet and connections with operatives overseas.

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Hence the 'emergency meeting'. So once again the Congressmen emerge with whitened, frightened faces and do whatever they are asked, because they are morons of such magnitude they are wholly unable to perform the governing function for which they were elected?

BRAINS, people!!!

Sola_Fide
02-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow.

Why are people so dense that they can't understand this???

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Hence the 'emergency meeting'. So once again the Congressmen emerge with whitened, frightened faces and do whatever they are asked, because they are morons of such magnitude they are wholly unable to perform the governing function for which they were elected?

BRAINS, people!!!

Happens every couple of years, like clockwork, when PA is due for reauthorization.

The security apparatus breathlessly testifies that we are on the eve of total annihilation at the hands of shadowy, ill defined, "terrorists".

AFPVet
02-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Wow.

Why are people so dense that they can't understand this???

I should hope not....

Humanae Libertas
02-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Haha, the Establishment is getting scared so when all else fails: Hype up terrorism!!

I can see it now in a few months: "BREAKING: AlCIADUH has NUKES!!!"

tangent4ronpaul
02-09-2011, 05:20 PM
This is soooo obviously a ploy to put TSA gropers at the entrance to CPAC in order to scare off libertarian voters. :)

specsaregood
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
The question is, did their parents never tell them the tale of the boy who cried wolf?

HOLLYWOOD
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't let a crisis or event go to waste... yes indeed AF... their BS timing is so predictable.

Just gonna have to SPAM every frigin ARTICLE's comments section.

tangent4ronpaul
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM

BRAINS, people!!!

http://pinknpurplelizard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/homer-brain.jpg

keeps

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs49/i/2009/193/8/5/obama_zombie_by_xxDinkMeekerxx.jpg

AWAY!

:D

Vessol
02-09-2011, 05:29 PM
fueled by the internet and talking with agents overseas?

I didnt know they had computers with internet connections in the caves or Tora Bora.

StilesBC
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I just cannot fathom the lack of intelligence necessary to believe this.

BuddyRey
02-09-2011, 06:16 PM
At least they've pretty much admitted that Bin Laden's not a threat anymore (though they omit the fact that he's been dead since 2002.)

They're now propping up their new, even scarier, western-born boogey-man, Awlaki.

awake
02-09-2011, 06:27 PM
“In more or less normal times
an "iron triangle", consisting of
an entrenched Congress, a
federal bureaucracy and a
powerful system of lobbies, sets
severe limits on what a
president can do, however
soaring his rhetoric and
however genuine his ability. A
serious crisis such as 9/11 may,
temporarily and substantially,
free a president from this
constraint by creating a mood of
national unity and a demand for
immediate and decisive action.
But by its very nature such a
crisis is likely to require
improvisation rather than a
premeditated plan. In either
case - business as usual or
crisis - the fate of a president,
like that of any political leader,
will depend at least as much on
the circumstances they face as
on their will and ability. As the
British Prime Minister Harold
Macmillan responded when
asked what was most likely to
upset the best laid plans of a
government: ‘events, dear boy,
events’” - Owen Harries

Which powerful special interests want special attention? Events shape politics, and, there are no accidents in politics. If you can bring about an 'event' you have the power to get political attention and shape outcomes. The Patriot Act is very important to some people, even worth using their power to secure its re-assention.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh how utterly convenient. God, this is so fucking transparent its sick.

ihsv
02-09-2011, 08:00 PM
..."One of the most striking elements of today's threat picture is that plots to attack America increasingly involve American residents and citizens," Napolitano said, referring to so-called homegrown terrorists fueled by the Internet and connections with operatives overseas.

Sounds like she's describing DHS... but I digress.

squarepusher
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2798679275960015727#

Reason
02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I made this connection today as I listened to the radio on my way to school.

It's so obvious to us, if only it was obvious to everyone else...

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I made this connection today as I listened to the radio on my way to school.

It's so obvious to us, if only it was obvious to everyone else...

Not to mention the implied total failure of government.

Take the story on face value as being true:

You're telling us that ten years and ten TRILLION dollars later, we're just as bad off, security wise, as we were on 9/11.

Only in the bizarro world of DC would that be used as selling point to get MORE funding and power.

Of course, being of the conspiratorial mindset, I don't accept for one second that is what's really going here.

wildfirepower
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Terrorists will strike big cities. Abandon/leave big cities.

Sky-high real estate prices and expensive cost of living. Big cities are useless anyway.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
///

Pericles
02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Maybe the BATFE is supplying the terrorists with guns as part of a sting operation?

http://www.ongo.com/v/330534/-1/6E14B90964045983/sen-chuck-grassley-guns-in-atf-sting-tied-to-agents-death

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe the BATFE is supplying the terrorists with guns as part of a sting operation?

http://www.ongo.com/v/330534/-1/6E14B90964045983/sen-chuck-grassley-guns-in-atf-sting-tied-to-agents-death

"Shaddup ya' conspiracy whacko, you're making us all look bad!"

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
///

kah13176
02-10-2011, 09:40 PM
That bitch Napolitano. I'd like to see her laid off due to the DHS being eliminated.